Optimum Energy Reviews

Reset
4.0
Bert Valdman

Would recommend working here

I have been working at Optimum Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small but mighty, and growing. There's a lot of opportunity for personal growth if you are self-driven and can adapt and excel in an ever changing environment. Smart, fun group of people to work with.

Cons

There's a fair share of meetings so learn to multi-task so that they don't suck up too much time.

Advice to Management

Good benefits overall but more stock options with advancement and increased 401K matching would take it to the next level.

2. best job ever, and i couldn't be more serious.

I have been working at Optimum Energy full-time

Pros

scope of influence? as wide as you want growth opportunity? just reach out and take it process? lean people? the best. good, credible, helpful, experienced, hardworking friends of mine. product? makes a huge difference on several fronts. i am very proud to be a part of this.

Cons

some areas have open seating and can be noisy, making it difficult for some to concentrate. people need to be aware and eager to move conversations elsewhere.

Advice to Management

stay the course

3. Collaboration and Innovation

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in Seattle, WA

Pros

To be apart of a company that is a thought leader in the sustainability space is extremely rewarding. Optimum truly values their employees by listening and learning as we go along, we have a staff of some bright individuals that have innovative thoughts and ideas. To know that my opinion is valued makes me get out of bed in the morning.

Cons

None to list that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to instill trust in your employees along with valuing their thoughts and opinions.

Jun 23, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review Optimum Energy, we are glad that you feel valued and respected!

5. Change is for the good!

I have been working at Optimum Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New CEO installed in February 2015 --- just what the doctor ordered! Bert Valdman is the leader that can, and will, take Optimum to the next level.

Cons

Culture can use some work.

Advice to Management

Tighten up with the new leader, fast.

Jun 23, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review—we appreciate your feedback on the direction of the company and are currently working on ways to further promote our office culture!

6. Great people, still a startup

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Optimum Energy (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, hands down some of the smartest and friendliest people I've worked with. There's a lot of collaboration here across all departments. It's a fun office environment and it's exciting to work on new solutions. Communication from the executive team has improved greatly and a focus on our culture is showing through all aspects of the business. It feels like an exciting time where we are poised for success. Competitive benefits, pay for performance culture, awesome Pioneer Square location, company events, regular communication, are all some of the pros of working at OE.

Cons

It's definitely still a start-up. We are small, we make changes. If someone is looking for a big company feel, or a long-term plan that they can just cruise along with, it's not the right fit. You have to be open, you have to collaborate, you have to think and act fast, and you have to have a passion for what you do to be successful here. Turnover has been high in the past but that's also part of a startup culture.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing all employees and their perspectives and opinions.

Jun 23, 2015 – Marketing Manager

We agree—we think our smart, friendly staff is one of our biggest assets! Thank you for taking the time to review Optimum Energy!

7. Watch Your Step

Pros

Patents are solid, Engineers are talented, Customers love the product. Seattle, WA.

Cons

Unpredictable culture of turn-over. Under-funded.

Advice to Management

Sell.

8. Ur a number so expect much

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Optimum Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment and decent base. Ben is the man!

Cons

The company changes managers every 1.5 years and thinks its product is its biggest asset without much regard for its employees

Advice to Management

Realize that a good product without the right employees to sell it and evangelize it won't survive. Also move on from trying desperately to sell the company at a ridiculous multiplier and accept maybe it should be a stand alone enterprise.

Once Nathan left, everything changed

Former Employee - Will Not Disclose in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Will Not Disclose in Seattle, WA

I worked at Optimum Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Green company, great location, decent health benefits, smart people.

Cons

New leadership, now entrenched, changed the culture. Made it a lot more cutthroat, less family oriented and only focused on metrics. They forgot people also work there.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees, create a winning culture and remember that the people make the company successful, not the product.

10. Amazing!! what a ride!! this has been an experience....

I have been working at Optimum Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced... cutting edge. I have learnt a lot about start-ups and the transition to a mature company.

Cons

Can burn you out after a while. Has been a fair amount of top management change.

RSS Feed </> Embed