Optimus Solutions

Optimus Solutions President, CEO and Director Softchoice David MacDonald
David MacDonald

optimus solutions

I worked at Optimus Solutions

Pros

good ethics good ethics good ethics

Cons

can't remember any can't remember any

Okay place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Optimus Solutions

Pros

They take great care of the people that fit in well with an aggressive sales culture. They are committed to the sales culture and make their numbers which results in overall success for the company. The work is challenging.

Cons

In a support role that is not sales driven, it's difficult to gain respect. Those without a sales background will find some of the sales tactics questionable.

Management and the sales teams need to take more opportunities to acknowledge the people in Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing and IT that really put in a lot of long hours supporting the sales teams.

Optimus was a great place to work...too bad it was sold off

Former Employee - Senior Account Exec in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Exec in Norcross, GA

I worked at Optimus Solutions

Pros

I loved the entrepreneurial spirit of Optimus. High focus on teamwork and closing deals together. Excellent compensation for your work and fun, creative awards such as the Porsche club and going on a trip.

Cons

The constant and incessant drive to grow, grow, grow. Which I suppose was in order to be sold. I would have preferred we stayed agile and focused on our strengths and perhaps compromised huge growth for keeping our team together, strong and positive. Now that we are Softchoice, all that matters is numbers. You are a number and you'd better produce numbers. Period. I have introduced myself to the CEO of Softchoice no less than 12 times and he has never remembered me and has responded each time "Oh - nice to meet you." As one of the top producers at the company, I find this completely insulting and tactless. I do not feel valued at Softchoice like I did when we were Optimus.

Buy us back ;)

Optimus was a great place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at Optimus Solutions

Pros

Optimus has a culture unlike any other company. It felt like a family. You didn't feel like you were competing with others, everyone was working together towards the same goal. There wasn't strick process that constantly had to be followed. Everyone was happy to come to work.

Cons

We were sold to a large corporation and with that came PROCESS. There is a process for everything. There are way to many people that will only do the few things in their actual job description and will not think out of the box. No one will do anything that is not their specific job.

Let's get back to the good old days. Let's feel like a family again rather than a corporation. I think all employees would be much happier if we could go back to the way things use to be.....and with happiness comes success.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Optimus Solutions

Pros

Worked for President of the company, and they were always mentoring, sharring, and promoting personal growth. Even during tough and difficult times, we all worked together to get the job done and always put the client first. Employees at all levels could go directly to HR or the President and they would listen and find ways to carefully resolve issues or conflects, this kept the manager humble and grounded.

Cons

Very difficult and competitive marketplace, so it really requires aggressive and never say die attitudes. Clients were treated very well and the management made sure that was priority one. So many wonderful people in operations, sales, back office and managers. I really enjoyed the leadership of the President!

Selling the Optimus company to Softchoice was perhaps a mistake and now the Optimus division does not have the same culture or positive image it once had, and is losing very good employees and may lose very valuable clients.

Optimus Solutions -- a better company as part of Softchoice

Former Employee - Consultant in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Norcross, GA

I worked at Optimus Solutions

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Open doors of experienced professionals.

Cons

When I worked there, some of the senior management was lacking direction and vision in my department. Recently, however, Optimus has been bought by a separate company and those managers who contributed to the lack of vision are no longer around. Optimus is now a much better place to work.

Keep up with market trends; establish a vision for the company based on your understanding of the market; and communicate that vision not only to middle management, but to every level of your staff.

I have been working at Optimus Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good relation between work and private life

Cons

Frozen carrers due to economics issues in Portugal