Opus CMC Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.9
Jennifer LaBud

Ok company, no room for advancement

I worked at Opus CMC

Pros

For certain positions at the company you might be able to work remote as a contractor.

Cons

All the company cares about is numbers. Number driven. Don't care about the employee/contractor no matter what they say. No room for advancement at all. Tried for years and asked numerous people numerous times and they always had excuses.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employees and treat the contractors (remote) like people too.

Sweat Shop Cutting Corners

Current Employee - QC Underwriter in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - QC Underwriter in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at Opus CMC (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is desperate for staff and hires anyone.

Cons

Owners sold out to Wipro - Indian outsourcing company. Jobs being sent overseas. Seattle office closed.

Advice to Management

Your lies will catch up to you. Morale is at zero. Quality is low.

My review was removed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. I have nothing good to say.

Cons

This is an unethical company led by people engaging in dishonest and deceitful practices for both the client and the employee. The most unprofessional group of people I have ever had the misfortune to associate with. The place leaves one with the desire to shower. Frequently. Very sleazy.

Advice to Management

Not intelligent enough to understand the consequences of their self- destructive behaviors if it was delivered in a pop up book. Worst company and job I've ever had in my entire life by far, including my job at McDonalds at 16.

Its not bad but could be better.

Current Employee - Programmer in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to wear jeans everyday. Its a pretty casual environment. The people are very nice

Cons

Will be asked on the spot to work late for other peoples projects. There isn't all that much training. Too many meetings.

Job security doesn't exist

I have been working at Opus CMC

Pros

good pay - when you work

Cons

various personnel forget you've been hired and you have to fight for your placement, irregular work, tough to get answers when you need them

Hard to understand how the company portrays itself to what they actually do

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter

I worked at Opus CMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are an independent worker and need very little instruction and feedback it is good, nice office, flexible work hours, no micromanagement

Cons

Very intense, limited instruction too fast paced, complicated computer system that has problems and too many rush assignments. No feedback or interaction with management. Even full time in house employees are not given benefits and treated as contract, remote workers. Workflow is not regulated on different job sometimes every 2 weeks.

Advice to Management

The employees should be hired after 90 day probation when they are working every assignment given with no supervision.

If you would like to be looked over.

I worked at Opus CMC

Pros

Nothing, more of nothing, and I forgot nothing.

Cons

Management, If your not friends or more with them outside of work you are nothing.

Deceitful employment offer, unclear expectations, disparate treatment.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Opus CMC

Pros

None, my experience was disheartening and humiliating.

Cons

I left a job to accept an offer from Opus, I passed their initial testing and was offered a job based on my interview and resume. A week and 4 days into training I was let go along with another trainee. The trainer profiles trainees under the false pretense that while working on practice loan cases trainees should "take their time" and "ask questions" because thats what we were in training for and she has found that people who do so perform best once out of training. Diversity is not welcome, the training atmosphere is very stressful and contradicts what they paint themselves to be. I was told that my resume did not support my performance in training, only after being unjustly and prematurely profiled by the trainer. I had completed 3 practice files of which the first two were done following the trainers recommendations of asking questions and taking my time to make sure I absorbed the material.well. That was used against me and when I asked the manager to please reconsider and give me fair time to prove myself, since I reaceived really good feedback on my third practice file, he chose overlook that and insulted me stating he would consider me for "data entry". Now I am jobless and with no means to support my family, after they were the ones who sought me to work for them, with such little time that I could not put my two weeks at my previous job.

I emailed the HR representative with questions and never received feedback

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and be more professional and humane, hire a trainer and management that will welcome diverse employees and will not ridicule nor profile people for doing exactly what she said would be most beneficial, training if for learning, not for chopping people's heads of and be mocked. Make sure your trainer aligns herself with the companys mision and vision, and that she truly conducts herself as arepresentative of the brand and management rather than mocking them for being from India.

Finally there is a Labor Lawsuit in suit..

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Opus CMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hope filled emails that promise PERHAPS, MAYBE and SOON......

Cons

Director/Ownership Greed, Lies, Using of people for their gain, speaking down and usage of "your skill set" as it correlates to veteran professionals. High expectations set within an unreasonable time frame purposely so that they can reprimand and not pay if not carried out. Uncaring desire to teach entire staff or license/certify all staff so that they are not selected for reviews that they need to survive. SOOOO many more...see the list!

Advice to Management

You all know exactly what you've done. You also know that us internals and I'm sure many remotes have documented all that has been done as far as lay offs to W-2 employees - there is no need to list it all here......Law of gravity! Everything comes down

Going nowhere but down

I worked at Opus CMC

Pros

Unless you have no other option than unemployment, don't waste your time and don't leave your current company.

Cons

Completely soulless, cutthroat and unapologetic for anything that they say or do

Advice to Management

Not even worth bringing it up to them because they wouldn't listen anyway.

RSS Feed </> Embed