Opus CMC Reviews

Jennifer LaBud

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Opus CMC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Excellent time off policy, no 'real' boss, accountable for myself. No micromanagement.

Cons

Laid off too quickly - overstaffed by 100 underwriters.

More guideance on who management actually is.

On call stinks

Former Employee - Underwriter  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Opus CMC as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible hours at work

Cons

No solid feedback from Management

Going nowhere but down

I worked at Opus CMC

Pros

Unless you have no other option than unemployment, don't waste your time and don't leave your current company.

Cons

Completely soulless, cutthroat and unapologetic for anything that they say or do

Not even worth bringing it up to them because they wouldn't listen anyway.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finally there is a Labor Lawsuit in suit..

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Opus CMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hope filled emails that promise PERHAPS, MAYBE and SOON......

Cons

Director/Ownership Greed, Lies, Using of people for their gain, speaking down and usage of "your skill set" as it correlates to veteran professionals. High expectations set within an unreasonable time frame purposely so that they can reprimand and not pay if not carried out. Uncaring desire to teach entire staff or license/certify all staff so that they are not selected for reviews that they need to survive. SOOOO many more...see the list!

You all know exactly what you've done. You also know that us internals and I'm sure many remotes have documented all that has been done as far as lay offs to W-2 employees - there is no need to list it all here......Law of gravity! Everything comes down

Great if you like Birthday/Anniv cake at 2:00 & a phone call to be "laid off" at 4:00! Then, you are in the right place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good work/life balance. Dress attire very lax-especially if you "know someone".

Cons

HOW DO YOU "PEOPLE" SLEEP AT NIGHT???? As long as your pockets are jingling-I guess it doesn't matter. You are the most insensitive & malicious, deceitful group I have ever had the displeasure of working for. Yes, it is a paycheck for us-I get that, but we have families, mortgages, electric bills, etc... just like you do. You could try being honest for once. This company is a JOKE! I don't know if it is just poor planning on your part or you really don't know what is going on, very hard to tell! And how you decide who stays working and who doesn't in a department is beyond comprehension. (Unless you are a relative or friend of management or who knows what.) Example: Last week of May-first few days into June, several emails (5), company wide, requiring workers "commit" to a minimum of 10 hours per week OT for the month of June on a day to day basis. On 6/12 you send out an email reminding people of their hours and questioning why they have not put their "hours" in. On 6/16, email sent out stating the OT is really needed and work as much as you possibly can-office is open later & on Saturdays. One dept was told OT didn't apply to them (then why did they get the emails)? On 6/17 it's approved to put in OT & stay late & work on Saturday. 6/18, new email OT no longer approved-it's OK if you worked extra yesterday, but do not put in anymore. 6/19 Usual monthly cake celebration for Birthdays & Anniversaries at 2:00 & at 4:00 you get a call telling you to NOT come to work tomorrow that you are (AGAIN) being "laid off"! 6/19 ONE DEPARTMENT GONE. 6/20 ANOTHER DEPARTMENT GONE. IS SOMEONE PLANNING THIS? IS ANYONE LOOKING INTO THE FUTURE? SAD!!

OWNERS-DO YOU KNOW WHO/WHAT YOUR MANAGERS ARE? WIPRO-THEY DID IT TO YOU TOO!!!
    How many HR people do YOU need?? Is your top HR person productive? If you treat an employee with respect and fairly, most times you will get good results from them. A happy employee is a productive employee-has anyone heard that before? Don't call people into meetings where you explain that you are adding to their paid days off, getting better insurance, and adding other perks that don't apply to them. Do you think you are motivating the exempt employees (contractors)? Think before you talk-make sure that it's a group that benefits from it or excuse the ones that you don't give those benefits to. Don't just send mass emails to all employees if they don't apply to all employees-take the time to adjust your email addresses or your listening groups. You are causing issues yourselves-can't you see that??? OPEN YOUR EYES!! TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE DOING-BEFORE YOU DO IT! WIPRO-TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT YOUR MANAGEMENT TEAM! Oh-culture and values-REALLY!

Glad I work here

Current Employee - Due Dilgence Underwriter
    Current Employee - Due Dilgence Underwriter

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, opportunity to advance if you pose the proper skills the working class in this company is willing to train staff to work the review they are placed on. The company also will place staff where they fit and work hard to find a job they can excel at, not everyone can excel at this job. Those are the ones that write the negative reviews.

Cons

Management is not the best a communicating to the staff. The purchase of Opus By Wipro was a good thing, the owners knew they needed more cash to keep Opus moving in the right direction and not falling into extinction like many of the competitors. I will agree with other contributors that there is an awful lot of favoritism and nepotism in this company.

Treat your staff like the professionals they are and that you hired, trust them to follow your lead and more important LEAD by EXAMPLE, no more do as I say not as I do. This company has so many directors Hollywood would be jealous, and only a few of them are actually worthy of the job title. Owners Look for your next leaders in the staff below the Directors, you will be surprised at the talent you will find in lower ranks, they are the ones that deserve the perks, they get the job done for you time and time again, not the Directors that suck up the salaries and bonus money and take all the credit. .

On call to long...

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

OK work environment. Casual atmosphere. OK pay.

Cons

Dishonest in every way. They tell you things you want to hear but the truth. Very unfair and management treats certain people different. They keep people on that do not do good work. No raises .

Be more honest and fair. Stop beating around the bush...

Remote staff will be a distant memory

Current Employee - Underwriter
    Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours. QC staff are fairly competent.

Cons

Anyone naive enough to think that this 'layoff'/on call" isn't Wipro's process and policy of depleting the US 'remote' staff and giving virtually all work to India?? They're hoping some 'remote' will find 'real' jobs. This BS of all this strong pipeline work is a myth. OPUS management will eventually come clean & announce formally that the 'remote' staff services will no longer be needed.

Jen, Joe- you've become multi-millionaires already. You folks are now puppets on a string and will have a finite usefulness to Wipro. Come clean with the 'remote' staff & tell us what the real deal is! We're big boys & girls.

SA

I have been working at Opus CMC

Pros

Very flexible work hours. Casual dress code a small family atmosphere. OK pay..

Cons

Being put on call to much losing jobs and not enough work to keep us all there. Not being told the truth by supervisors and if your not brown nosing you are nothing. Very unfair and dishonest...

Be honest and let the ones go that cause drama or conflicts. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Fantastic pay and flexibility, contradiction is boundless!

Former Employee - Due Dilgence Underwriter  in  Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Due Dilgence Underwriter in Sussex, WI

I worked at Opus CMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beginning your career as an underwriter or due diligence underwriter, I could not think of a better company to work for. Schedule flexibility is beyond comparison, the pay is outstanding plus the daily goals are manageable. The deals I worked were very well run and the local deal managers are approachable plus updated us weekly.

Cons

There is little or no collaboration let alone communication between departments, unless there are major mistakes made. When errors are made, often the files along are just passed along without your knowledge. When you will be informed of your errors it is frequently weeks or months later. There is absolutely no consistency with quality assurance reviews, asking multiple sources results in several contradictory answers..There are glaring issues in the review process, which are not addressed because, " We have never be asked to look for that in the past."

Senior Management needs to be hands on with employees in order to maintain or keep good solid talent. There are underwriters that are noticing patterns of fraud and are bringing up viable concerns with these reviews. These concerns are just swept under the rug.

Worked for Opus CMC? Contribute to the Community!