Opus CMC

Updated February 12, 2015
Updated February 12, 2015
2.3

Jennifer LaBud

how much many questions on the underwiring test and do you remember how the test is broken down thank you very much for

Former Contractor - Underwriter Mortgage in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Underwriter Mortgage in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Opus CMC as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

nice team mates, okay pay I have not worked here but is waiting on the test can anyone advised me with this information above thank you very much for your help, i just want to be prepared

Cons

testing is very hard is what i have heard, i just want confirmation

i would rather do test cases than time test, i think they did mentioned the test is timed, some is computer, which will be easy, i would like to know about the underwriting portion of the test if any one knows please advise. thank you

Its not bad but could be better.

Current Employee - Programmer in Lincolnshire, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer in Lincolnshire, IL

I have been working at Opus CMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to wear jeans everyday. Its a pretty casual environment. The people are very nice

Cons

Will be asked on the spot to work late for other peoples projects. There isn't all that much training. Too many meetings.

Job security doesn't exist

I have been working at Opus CMC

Pros

good pay - when you work

Cons

various personnel forget you've been hired and you have to fight for your placement, irregular work, tough to get answers when you need them

Hard to understand how the company portrays itself to what they actually do

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter

I worked at Opus CMC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are an independent worker and need very little instruction and feedback it is good, nice office, flexible work hours, no micromanagement

Cons

Very intense, limited instruction too fast paced, complicated computer system that has problems and too many rush assignments. No feedback or interaction with management. Even full time in house employees are not given benefits and treated as contract, remote workers. Workflow is not regulated on different job sometimes every 2 weeks.

The employees should be hired after 90 day probation when they are working every assignment given with no supervision.

If you would like to be looked over.

I worked at Opus CMC

Pros

Nothing, more of nothing, and I forgot nothing.

Cons

Management, If your not friends or more with them outside of work you are nothing.

Deceitful employment offer, unclear expectations, disparate treatment.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Opus CMC

Pros

None, my experience was disheartening and humiliating.

Cons

I left a job to accept an offer from Opus, I passed their initial testing and was offered a job based on my interview and resume. A week and 4 days into training I was let go along with another trainee. The trainer profiles trainees under the false pretense that while working on practice loan cases trainees should "take their time" and "ask questions" because thats what we were in training for and she has found that people who do so perform best once out of training. Diversity is not welcome, the training atmosphere is very stressful and contradicts what they paint themselves to be. I was told that my resume did not support my performance in training, only after being unjustly and prematurely profiled by the trainer. I had completed 3 practice files of which the first two were done following the trainers recommendations of asking questions and taking my time to make sure I absorbed the material.well. That was used against me and when I asked the manager to please reconsider and give me fair time to prove myself, since I reaceived really good feedback on my third practice file, he chose overlook that and insulted me stating he would consider me for "data entry". Now I am jobless and with no means to support my family, after they were the ones who sought me to work for them, with such little time that I could not put my two weeks at my previous job.

I emailed the HR representative with questions and never received feedback

Practice what you preach and be more professional and humane, hire a trainer and management that will welcome diverse employees and will not ridicule nor profile people for doing exactly what she said would be most beneficial, training if for learning, not for chopping people's heads of and be mocked. Make sure your trainer aligns herself with the companys mision and vision, and that she truly conducts herself as arepresentative of the brand and management rather than mocking them for being from India.

Like day labor, but with a computer. Don't make long term plans.

Former Contractor - Collateral Risk Analyst
    Former Contractor - Collateral Risk Analyst

I worked at Opus CMC as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with for the most part. Compensation is competitive.

Cons

Took the position and was told it would take at least five years to get through the current backlog of work and that there was at least that much stability. less than two years later a large number of us were let go because they didnt have enough work. I came back as a contractor a few months later. We were told at a branch meeting that they had to turn away a large amount of work the year before because they were too busy. I think $14 million was the figure quoted. Three weeks later a number of us were told that there was no work for us. Then 2 months later they were scrambling again to ramp up staff. I understand clients have their own ideas of when and how much work will be done, but at this level of volume, OPUS should be able to have better forecasting to keep staff from wondering not just when but if more work is coming.

Do not work here.

Current Contractor - Remote
    Current Contractor - Remote

I have been working at Opus CMC as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Remote employment, no real boss, flexible hours.

Cons

No feedback, no training, no steady income, no advancement for remote contractors. You get put on call or laid off all the time. They use you, then lose you.

Treat your employees/contractors better!

Great place to work.

Former Contractor - Mortgage Underwriter in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Contractor - Mortgage Underwriter in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Opus CMC as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent time off policy, no 'real' boss, accountable for myself. No micromanagement.

Cons

Laid off too quickly - overstaffed by 100 underwriters.

More guideance on who management actually is.

Finally there is a Labor Lawsuit in suit..

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Opus CMC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The hope filled emails that promise PERHAPS, MAYBE and SOON......

Cons

Director/Ownership Greed, Lies, Using of people for their gain, speaking down and usage of "your skill set" as it correlates to veteran professionals. High expectations set within an unreasonable time frame purposely so that they can reprimand and not pay if not carried out. Uncaring desire to teach entire staff or license/certify all staff so that they are not selected for reviews that they need to survive. SOOOO many more...see the list!

You all know exactly what you've done. You also know that us internals and I'm sure many remotes have documented all that has been done as far as lay offs to W-2 employees - there is no need to list it all here......Law of gravity! Everything comes down

Opus CMC Photos