Opus Recruitment Solutions Reviews

8 reviews filtered by
4.3
Darren Ryemill

Great company with plenty of growth opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing and PR Executive in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing and PR Executive in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Opus Recruitment Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Opus team is a great one to join. The training programme is really guiding and continues after your 12-week programme. The incentives are also great and are available to those of us who aren't consultants. The location in Bristol is prime and just makes the atmosphere so much more enjoyable

Cons

The hours can be tough but it comes with the industry and parking can be a bit of a pain in a city centre.

The most valued I've ever been made to feel as an employee

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Opus Recruitment Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My managers are very hands on, they constantly give me advice and praise me on a job well done. I've never received better motivation from my superiors.
    The office atmosphere is fantastic, you can tell from the second that you walk in that it's a great place to work. The atmosphere of an office makes all the difference to morale.
    The training scheme is also excellent, a lot of time and effort is put into the new members of staff, especially by the directors, which is a really nice change from some of my previous companies.
    My chair is absolutely amazing compared to previous offices, definitely the best part of the job.

Cons

It is a bit of a boys club, and I imagine some of the people who perform at a lower rate than the "top billers" would perhaps have a harder time keeping their morale high.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. Tone s of opportunities

I have been working at Opus Recruitment Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opus have a great training scheme from day one and are such a great group to work with. Their new offices opening globally mean that you have the chance to grow internationally. Everyone is also really nice and enthusiastic about what they do. Hard work but lots of fun. Plus great incentives keep you motivated and feel rewarded for your hard work.

Cons

Working as individuals can feel a bit competitive but we also work as a team in other elements so not all bad.

5. The Most Exciting Recruitment Company to work for EVER

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Opus Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opus is one of the fastest growing recruitment companies in the UK. The ambition and drive of everyone in the company is one of the main reasons for its success. There are some of the best people I have ever worked with in the recruitment world and as a result the company culture is awesome. The rewards, incentives and all round career progression are fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone considering a career in recruitment.

Cons

If Hard work is a con - then put that in here. I personally believe that everyone works hard at Opus and works quite long hours, however they are rewarded well and with hard work comes success.

6. Opus Recruitment Solutions are not all they are made out to me - avoid!

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Opus Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opus Recruitment Solutions initially come across as being a professional set-up. Nice offices I suppose, and some decent colleagues.

Cons

When you discover what the real game is, it is shocking. Opus Recruitment Solutions' Management are severely lacking in ethics. They just want you to bring in the bling irrespective of how you treat employers or the calibre of staff you send to them. The Managing Director is hateful of clients and always criticising them.

Advice to Management

Opus Recruitment Solutions are all about money, money, money. The Managing Director, who is on an astronomical salary himself, is sarcastic and critical of staff, and the Management team don't like him but can't say so. He is dismissive of clients and mocks them behind their backs.

Opus Recruitment Solutions Response

Oct 10, 2014Marketing and PR Executive

We appreciate every bit of feedback here at Opus and take negative feedback very seriously and wish to improve every element of our business. We have followed up this review and of our Bristol ... More

Seriously going places

I have been working at Opus Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having been with Opus recruitment solutions since it started, i have been lucky enough to experience the exciting growth which is showing no signs of slowing. A fantastic atmosphere to work in, genuine career progression and good earnings available as a reward for hardwork.
    The experience and knowledge of the current employees mean it's a perfect environment for new people to the recruitment industry.

Cons

NOT a 9-5 job if looking to be a real success.

Amazing company to work for really help you get to where you want to be

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Opus Recruitment Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For someone new into the industry you wont get a better agency, with the training provided and guidance that is given they give you all the tools to succeed and then show you how to enjoy the benefits of doing well at your job

Cons

Don't give you things for free

Advice to Management

keep doing hat your doing

A recruitment company that treats you as an employee like a grown up and offers genuine career opportunities.

Current Employee - Training Manager in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Opus Recruitment Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The commission scheme is excellent, the staff are all driven to succeed, we have fun. The CEO invests money and time to the benefit of the company and staff

Cons

Some may say long hours in recruitment are a negative, but if you want to make a success in recruitment its part of the job

Advice to Management

Keep involving every member of staff from the floor in company decisions, it's a big positive

Opus Recruitment Solutions Photos