Oracle

Oracle Reviews in Canada

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good (in 721 reviews)

• Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times (in 329 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth (in 97 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth (in 137 reviews)

More Highlights
63 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great company to work for with great leadership and presence in the IT space.

Director (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat team atmosphere, good technical teams, good engineers, and great opportunities. I love the team I work for and couldn't ask for a better manager!

ConsCan be siloed, but since this is a large company this expected.
    Salary hikes can be a problem

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management - Listen to what your team is telling you and fight for them instead of just managing up all the time.

My experience with Oracle was difficult, stressful and completely frustrating and it wasn't necessary.

Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsI think the technology is very strong and if the company culture wasn't so broken I would recommend it to clients

ConsThe matrix organization is too complicated and very frustrating for the client. Each division of the company has a separate agenda and causes conflict internally which affects the client

Advice to Senior Managementcompensation drives behaviour therefore, I suggest that comp be reviewed to ensure the right behaviours are happening. A compliance deal has cause a hardware deal to go south in a blink of an eye.

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment to work in. Great. Support staff. Friendly.

ConsCan get lost in the office culture if you want to step up in hierarchy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst

Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Prosno pros to mention about

Consworst management i ever had

Great place to work..!!!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsVery professional and well balanced company. Have tremendous opportunities to work in collaborated environment. Its a great place to expand your technical and professional skills.

ConsIts been great 9 years with oracle. In the last 9 years I noticed very less change in salary and growth to next level. Bonus are almost getting disappears every year goes by.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Software Engineer

ProsGood place to work with

Consnot bad place to work with

Lacklustre, little people interaction or culture

Principal Information Developer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFlexible hours, can work at home, challenging products. Most people are good to work with, but remote.

ConsLittle chance for growth. Little people interaction with people you ever meet, very virtual. Awful documentation and instructional design tools in the EBS product line. No company parties. No increases or bonuses for the last few years. Company doesn't spend on anything. Had boss I met two times in 7 years.

A lot of opportunity to change the Cloud vertical market.

IT Manager (Current Employee) Quebec, QC (Canada)

ProsDifferent opportunities for many line of business. Have many challenging project for the years to come.

ConsToo much hassle with the political internal battle. Recognizing their employee at the market value would help them be more concern about the succes of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the HCM suggestion you gives to your customers in lieu to keep your key assets.

BDM

BDM (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFast paced work place and clients

Consvery selfish managers who take care o f themselves only

Advice to Senior Managementtake better care of your employees

Senior Principal Developer

ProsIts a big company with lots of resources.

ConsIts a big company with lots of process and procedures. Trying to solve problems by numbers and with more process and procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress the root cause of the problems.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!