Oracle

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

(3,055 ratings)

5,207 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good"
    in 655 reviews
  • "Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times"
    in 308 reviews
Cons:
  • "The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth"
    in 85 reviews
  • "Employee satisfaction, career growth etc are the least important thing at Oracle"
    in 127 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Customer Services Manager

Customer Services Manager (Current Employee)
    Mason, OH

ProsManagers in Oracle are REAL Managers, very Professional approach.

ConsSalary reviews / hikes are neglected

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be periodic Salary reviews .

Great work life balance.

Software Architect (Current Employee)

ProsThe product line is great. Though I wouldn't say there is lot of in-house innovation, Oracle acquires the right product. The execution of the management is in the right direction to take the company to next level in the everything cloud era.

ConsVery slow pace. Hard to find any urgency in bringing the product to market on time.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the process around product delivery and improve the product turn around from several months to with in a month. Adopt latest trend in product delivery.

One of the best organization to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

Prosvery stable job, good benefits, management is very competent, plenty of chances to innovate and grow, flexible working hours, good atmosphere, friendly coworkers

Constoo many levels of approvals required to get things done, interview process is not very strict so sometime incompetent people gets in and slows everyone down

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Where you start is critical

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExciting place to work IF you are in an exciting product line

ConsSlow, to no, advancement opportunities if you are not at HQ

Good Management, lot of team players.

Intern (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsOffers good pay and good facilities. Work culture is good and a lot of co-ordination and team work.

ConsNothing much to say as it is better than many others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going

It was a great experience working at Sun Micro systems, Inc.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Menlo Park, CA

ProsIt was a big company but had a culture of small start up.

Conswork life balance was challenging.

Advice to Senior Managementmake it more flexible work environment

Very comfortable work environment

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsMostly easy going work environment. Unlimited sick days. Opportunity for telecommuting. Cheap bus pass. There are many great things about working for Oracle.

ConsThe pay is not the best and there is no guarantee of a salary bump every year. Even if your business group did very well, if other areas of the company did poorly it can affect your compensation.

Hardest job but best Job, ever!! Its not for everyone!

Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Burlington, MA

ProsLarge customer base. Lots of products to sell and tons of training. Great for your resume. Opens doors and lots of opportunity to move around and up the ladder if you perform well.

ConsYour success will be based on three buckets. Territory, Timing, and Talent.. In that order! Most selling in Oracle Direct is tactical and transnational. Not to many value selling opportunities. Lots of turnover at all levels. If you blow it out one year comp plan will adjust.. You will not beat the house twice...

Advice to Senior ManagementI've had the pleasure of working with 4 managers during my time here. Myself and my team have performed considerably better(banner years) with the managers that treated the team as adults and with respect. Let you run your own business.

Harping over call stats may be good for Pre-sales/Business Development reps but we are sales professionals. If you want a good finger on the business look at pipeline and number of customer meetings setup. Most of the sales process and interaction is happening over email anyway so your call stats are doing nothing more than creating bad analytic's for upper management.

Project Leader

Project Leader (Former Employee)

ProsHuman Capital Management - world class, highly transparent and friendly. They teach you that your Manager is your HR Manager to make fully immersed in the teamwork environment and cultivate strong bond with the team. But when it comes to heart talk and contingencies you can fully confine in your HR and they make you feel taken care of like at home.
    I have loved working for Oracle as a worthy employer - the first and greatest reason for that is my on-boarding process at Oracle, they rare and enlightening meetings with HR and the grace with which they bid adieu to you. It was unique when I was walking out of their doors I had a proud feeling of trust and shared values that were saying to me that I will never mind coming back to this employer or enabling a 100 more people join them for a meaningful workplace experience.

ConsManagement needs to grow up to their highly qualified talent's career expectations. Need to be more open and liberal to embrace individual aspirations. Good thing is that Oracle as a giant and well structured organization has a broad scope for allowing horizontal movements and often times it is more about lateral moves than about the vertical progression. The HR is cognizant of the advantages of letting employees thrive on opportunities, however the management creates undue barriers.

Very positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery flexible management
    Strong team leadership
    Good people, work environment is very relaxed
    Work life balance is really great at Oracle

ConsPay could be a little better and the pace of the release and work can be stagnant and even slow at times.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All 5,207 reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.