Oracle

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

(2,823 ratings)

4,788 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good"
    in 597 reviews
  • "Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times"
    in 333 reviews
Cons:
  • "The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth"
    in 82 reviews
  • "Employee satisfaction, career growth etc are the least important thing at Oracle"
    in 117 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Flexibility

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

ProsI enjoy the flexibility in work and life balance

ConsPay wasn't so great and I later discovered it was due to bad negotiation.
Raises are dependent on sales and profits of the overall company not performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your compensation structure.

I would not stay if it were not good

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA company that offers stability, mid management cares about employees. Variety of projects. Flexibility and good balance between life and work. Good benefits.

ConsLow salaries compared to the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould consider salary increases.

Good place to work, but definitely a 'big company' mentality

Principal Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmart people, a solid range of products, and the company is profitable. If you are willing to make things happen, there is plenty of opportunity here.

ConsLots of process, internal confusion, and overlap in products/sales teams that can create internal strife. Some existing or potential customers will have preconceived notions of you just because you are part of the 'big red bus'

Advice to Senior ManagementHire externally for your cloud businesses and realize you can't run your cloud business like your traditional hardware business.

Stable, experienced company with good opportunities for top performers

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOracle knows its customers, and its business. The company focus is simple...build well integrated technology products that addresses the needs of enterprise customers...and then sell them. Oracle does both very well. At least from the product development side, if you're at the top of your game (top ranked in the team/group/org/etc., or nearly so), from a comp perspective the rewards can be stellar.

ConsIf you're not at the top of your game, and one of the best performers in your team....there isn't a lot of recognition for even average performers...so depending on the team you're in, and how well you can compete, getting ahead can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarefully consider salary competitiveness of existing talent. Losing experienced solid (if not top ranked) talent is still quite expensive.

Have been working in Oracle over 13 years and enjoying working here.

Director (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood company to work for. Good infrastructure and global presence. Great work culture.

ConsSalaries are not as per market standards and they should definitely do the survey and revise salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't limit bonus only to top executives. Distribute bonus to first level of management also.

Associate event producer, Oracle

Associate Event Producer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Oracle as an intern for less than a year

ProsI had an awesome experience working for the sports marketing team at Oracle as an associate event producer during the America's Cup in San Francisco during the summer of 2013. I met some amazing customers and learned the importance of adopting a customer centric approach to marketing. My managers made every effort to ensure that I learned as much as possible about event marketing during my summer experience with Team USA.

ConsNo real cons here, I didn't work here long enough to experience any negatives.

Great Work-Life Balance

I have been working at Oracle

Pros- Competitive salary
- Great networking because you work with very smart, motivated people and regularly interact with upper management (hands-on direct manager as well)
- Very good work-life balance (my friends work very late at other companies but I really like having my flexible hours)
- Very flexible and allow work from home

ConsVarying age range depending on team and location...Seems a bit rigid

good

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Prosopportunities to grow,they are dwelling into the mobile and cloud space. The work hours are flexible and very helpful for the people in the latter part of their career. good campus with an excellent gym and cafeteria.

Consperks are not as good as some of the other larger companies in the bay area

Good work life balance

Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWork-Life balance, flexible hours, lot of products.

ConsRlease cycles are long, too large for individuals to make a lot of difference.

Good place to intern but would want more innovation to work there

I have been working at Oracle as an intern for less than a year

ProsWell defined projects. Very helpful mentors / supervisors. People genuinely want to help and go out of their way to teach. Good (if delayed) feedback and decent structure to program.

ConsMore feedback between formal meetings would be helpful. Some more structure to the actual program would help move projects to completion faster and speed up learning.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more 'startupy' projects for interns to work on. We have innovative ideas to add to the mix. Listen to them and inject some more entrepreneurial energy into your company!

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All 4,788 reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.