Oracle

Oracle Reviews in France

Updated Jul 12, 2014

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good(in 714 reviews)

• Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times(in 325 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth(in 96 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth(in 137 reviews)

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

generic information

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Prosvery flexible and demanding environment, organized work structure for the global company.
    Well defined projects

Constoo many policies and procedures to go through; too much focused on sales personnel
    too many people involved when a decision has to be taken

Consultant

Consultant (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Prossalary is not even that high

Conspoor office / poor training / poor responsibilities / poor potential growth / poor management teams / old fashioned and conservative company / poor values

Advice to Senior Managementstop considering yourselves as gods.

A very scary place to work

Executive Management (Current Employee)

ProsPlenty of opportunity for advancement. A company that knows how to make money. Solid financial foundations. Deep pockets and resources.

ConsPeople and employees mean nothing. Greed. US centric leadership. Abhors change.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace change. Stop buying companies and focus on making the company you already have the best it can be. You are diluting your strengths through acquisitions. Understand that you are now in a competitive space as a result of your acquisitions. People are you greatest asset, treat them much better. Stop chasing away your best people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

international sales director

Sales Director (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Prosoffering, part of a strong global company, package is fine, a wide range of career opportunities

Consbureaucracy, lack of autonomy, each initiative needs huge internal effort leading people to stick to strict execution of corporate policy

Oracle is run by bean counters.

Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsAs an Oracle DBA, I found the technology great.

ConsIf you cannot make 40% more each year, you get kicked out, with out your full severence pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce middle management, and invest more in technical staff.

Very Depressing Company

Consultant (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsThe only pro for me is that I like the software I am working with and the clients (in general) - since I can work mostly at client sites and get out of the Oracle office.

ConsNo payrises for several years.
    Constant threat of being retrenched.
    Very rigid admin systems that don't often work very well.
    Most powerful powerful people in the company seem to be admin people, and some of them target individuals for bad treatment.
    No consideration at all of work/life balance - for example, making people fly out of work time so that there are only a few hours in a weekend.
    They do not even consider the consultants to be human beings....

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop some humanity.

interesting job, but....

Senior Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Prosbig company, many applications, software editor...

Constoo slow in decision making

Advice to Senior Managementgive more flexibility

Good projects; Good place to learn technology

Software Development Manager (Current Employee) Paris (France)

Proscompensation and benefits and good work/life balance

Consinnovation is not encouraged. lack of communication from the management chain

Good work life balance, good brand, agressive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsMy role really is international and I get to learn from other countries, cultures and challenges in different places. I enjoy good benefits and flexibility, good work/life balance which I value a lot (work from home, good holidays). It is inspiring to work with very good experts in their fields. Over all a good company to work for.

ConsVery agressive company, if you are not you will struggle. Too self service, very few support functions. Career development is only up to you and there is not a lot internal mobility.

I am Globale sales Manager

Globale Sales Manager (Current Employee) Paris (France)

ProsTechnologie innnovation, size of the company

Consyou need to be motivated, as the portfolio is huge. A lot of work need to be done by yourself

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!