Oracle

Oracle Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good (in 721 reviews)

• Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times (in 329 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth (in 97 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth (in 137 reviews)

More Highlights
53 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Enjoyed working with Great Technology company

Senior Principal Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAlway the latest technolgoy available to learn and implement

ConsConstantly keep update yourself with technology

Life at Oracle

Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDynamic company, leader in their field.

ConsPoor salary, hard to get senior management to pay attention to problems closer to the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to staff survey, lip service is not enough.

Service Delivery Manager

Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPowerful brand, cutting edge technology, ample opportunities, provides good work-life balance.

Consstagnated growth, no transparency of the business strategy at the mid senior management, high handedness of resources, strategies keeps evolving and changing, not allowing to settle with something that works

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease "listen to the voice of the employees", they too can come up with brilliant ideas which can turn around the performance of Cloud Services, a.k.a. On Demand

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tech Sales

Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosan immense amount of sales resources for field sales, down to earth people and culture , great benefits and health care plan,culture and values mean something here, name recognition in the marketplace, great access to training, marketing events are top notch, company is acquiring companies and has great leadership= winning culture that delivers great value to customers.

Conswill take at least 6 months to ramp up were you feel comfortable with product and process,

Exciting time to work at Oracle

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOracle has grown a diverse line of products, all striving to be best in class. Unlike other companies that grow through acquisition, Oracle fully assimilates these products, over time, into end-to-end solutions. I used that think that was just Marketing, but I've found it to be true.

ConsEasy to feel isolated, accessing self-service applications, working remotely on virtual teams, without contact to coworkers, and not always having contact with customers.

Technical Manager

Technical Manager (Current Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsWork mostly from home as Apps DBA

ConsLong Hrs and time zone difference

Oracle Consulting

Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsStrong market presence and strong technical support organization.

ConsRisk Adverse and too much administrative workload for professional level positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce administrative burden on sales forces.

Unfriendly and Depressing

Human Resources Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsI was given a good position and good pay (even though it was through a temp agency), and the job title was above what I was expecting.

ConsThe people are unfriendly to newcomers, and the working environment is just depressing. People really don't like their jobs and there's a high turnover rate. Even though everyone's hours are supposedly 9-5, people were late all the time and left early. My first day, no one knew that I was starting, and one person thought I was just interviewing. My boss had a family emergency but no one bothered to tell me so I was just sitting around all day.
    The rest of the team was rude and unwelcoming, and they feigned interest only to take advantage of me later. When I shared my ideas with an individual, they took credit for them at the next staff meeting. Overall, it's just an unhappy and toxic place.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a thorough sweep of the departments and weed out everybody that causes such a negative atmosphere.

Start here but dont stay

Product Manager (Current Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsGood company to start the career.

ConsWork life balance and salary

Advice to Senior Managementvalue the existing employees instead of the new ones

GBO

Principal Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible work schedule
    Encouraged to Work from home
    Good work/life balance
    My team is a great team, but others, not so much.

ConsIn 12 years I have gotten about 4 raises.
    Best thing that happened to me was when they switched us to hourly from salaried and now we are compensated for the overtime - which is expected.
    People that leave are rarely replaced, so the work load is at times, extreme.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to make things more automated and start concentrating on keeping the employees happier so they stay.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!