Oracle

3.3 5,319 reviews

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

(3,102 ratings)

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good(in 721 reviews)

• Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times(in 329 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth(in 97 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth(in 137 reviews)

5,319 Employee Reviews

Great learning experience

ProsIf you are the type of person who likes to take the initiative to learn different technologies, Oracle would be great for you. You have loads of training at your finger tips. Much of the training can be done on company time, however, you can do self-studies to learn additional things. Since Oracle has bought up many companies, there is an abundance of technology that can be learned.

ConsNegotiate hard coming in. Since Oracle provides a lucrative bonus structure, they do not give significant raises to your base pay.

Alliance Director

ProsGreat product. Great account base.

ConsPrice deemed expensive by some customers.

Good place to work

Software Architect (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prostelecommute, good balance between work and family, excellent health care benefits

ConsToo many groups to interact with for your work and things move slow due to that. Salaries average.

Advice to Senior ManagementLot of duplication of effort due to multiple business units doing same things due to large number of acquisitions. Need some central team to coordinate efficient collaboration between teams

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good working place.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsLeisure work style, flexible schedule.

ConsNot much to complain about.

Former PS employee

Sales Administrator (Former Employee) Teaneck, NJ

ProsExcellent atmosphere, creative enviroment, no micro-managers. Best job expeirence I ever had.

ConsWhen Oracle took over, the place changed.

Admin

Database Administrator (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGood place to work good

ConsNone good place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Don't expect a promotion opportunity or pay raise

Enterprise Architect (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has some great people and great products. The pay and benefits are competitive.

ConsNo pay raise in years (unless you are an executive). Can't move to another department for career advancement. Can't backfill open positions - management never signs off on hiring to fill them. Best to stay a few years and move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeverely limiting employee advancement is undermining your pool of talent.

Tough but fair

Applications Sales Representative (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsFantastic environment for sales people. Company culture revolves around those who are customer facing and/or revenue generating - you will never lose a deal on price, and the bag grows each year thanks to an M&A strategy that benefits reps and customers alike. Oracle continues to make training and education a priority, and employees are encouraged (and given time) to develop hard and soft skills. Good upward career mobility potential - preference for internal hires who have demonstrated the ability to navigate and excel inside the Oracle machine. Good work/life balance....except near quarter-ends.

ConsGo-to-market structure creates internal competition that shouldn't exist and is counter productive. Very process and systems intensive - overly time consuming. The recent hiring binge has shrunk territories, making it much more difficult to achieve and exceed sales quotas, causing discontent and significant employee churn. Salary increases, even when being promoted, remain elusive.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company's decision to hire top university grads to inject youth and fresh thinking was a good decision, but these millennials need to be set-up for success, and in most case they are being placed into situations where they don't feel purposeful. Equally, don't look past the experienced hires - they have been the top performers.

Profile Enhancing

Tax Intern (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosget a better perspective of tax compliance from an industry aspect

Conssome times monotony sets in

Too much bureaucracy

ProsGood work life balance, depending on manager

ConsToo much bureaucracy to make changes in organization

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!