Oracle

3.3 5,306 reviews

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

(3,100 ratings)

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good(in 714 reviews)

• Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times(in 325 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth(in 96 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth(in 137 reviews)

5,306 Employee Reviews

Former PS employee

Sales Administrator (Former Employee) Teaneck, NJ

ProsExcellent atmosphere, creative enviroment, no micro-managers. Best job expeirence I ever had.

ConsWhen Oracle took over, the place changed.

Alliance Director

ProsGreat product. Great account base.

ConsPrice deemed expensive by some customers.

Good working place.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsLeisure work style, flexible schedule.

ConsNot much to complain about.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Software Architect (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prostelecommute, good balance between work and family, excellent health care benefits

ConsToo many groups to interact with for your work and things move slow due to that. Salaries average.

Advice to Senior ManagementLot of duplication of effort due to multiple business units doing same things due to large number of acquisitions. Need some central team to coordinate efficient collaboration between teams

Don't expect a promotion opportunity or pay raise

Enterprise Architect (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has some great people and great products. The pay and benefits are competitive.

ConsNo pay raise in years (unless you are an executive). Can't move to another department for career advancement. Can't backfill open positions - management never signs off on hiring to fill them. Best to stay a few years and move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeverely limiting employee advancement is undermining your pool of talent.

Tough but fair

Applications Sales Representative (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsFantastic environment for sales people. Company culture revolves around those who are customer facing and/or revenue generating - you will never lose a deal on price, and the bag grows each year thanks to an M&A strategy that benefits reps and customers alike. Oracle continues to make training and education a priority, and employees are encouraged (and given time) to develop hard and soft skills. Good upward career mobility potential - preference for internal hires who have demonstrated the ability to navigate and excel inside the Oracle machine. Good work/life balance....except near quarter-ends.

ConsGo-to-market structure creates internal competition that shouldn't exist and is counter productive. Very process and systems intensive - overly time consuming. The recent hiring binge has shrunk territories, making it much more difficult to achieve and exceed sales quotas, causing discontent and significant employee churn. Salary increases, even when being promoted, remain elusive.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company's decision to hire top university grads to inject youth and fresh thinking was a good decision, but these millennials need to be set-up for success, and in most case they are being placed into situations where they don't feel purposeful. Equally, don't look past the experienced hires - they have been the top performers.

A good place to work

Director (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsGreat team, solid company. Very creative, interesting people. Very supportive upper management. Lots of opportunity to make a impact on the work you do. Intense work environment but a good work life balance. Can work from home often

ConsRaises are rare, fairly structured environment. Very little training. Sink or swim culture. Can be a tough place if you are not self motivated. Lots of layers of red tape to get some basic things accomplished

Advice to Senior ManagementMore room for advancement would help keep the good people here a lot longer no one really wants to leave but they leave for a better salary

Profile Enhancing

Tax Intern (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosget a better perspective of tax compliance from an industry aspect

Conssome times monotony sets in

Admin

Database Administrator (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGood place to work good

ConsNone good place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Working at Oracle was a great learning experience of a multi-billion dollar enterprise.

Principal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsThe best thing about working at Oracle is the work-life balance. You get time to have a life outside the work with your colleagues. They have a very elaborate training program which has to be taken by everyone periodically. This helps keep everyone up-to-date with the technology.

ConsAs an intern I haven't witnessed any cons in the company. The only aspect which takes some amount of time is the approval process to getting things done since there is a lot of security involved but, that is expected from a large company.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!