Oracle Reviews

Reset
3.3
Oracle CEO's Safra A. Catz & Mark Hurd
Safra A. Catz & Mark Hurd

Pros
  • In my team I have great work life balance (in 870 reviews)

• Flexibility to work from home at times (in 379 reviews)

Cons
  • No flexibility for work/life balance--no telecommuting or working from home one day (in 119 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth (in 154 reviews)

8,001 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Good working environment, lots of opportunity, strong management, excellent benefits and fair pay.

Cons

Large company. If you like a small company, probably not the place for you.

Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Advice to Management

Relax on the multi-million dollar VP salaries and bonuses for a few years so that you can reinvest in your employees. It's obscene how a company will not try to retain it's employees who play the most pivotal part in bringing in the money that you horde from them.

Strong positives, strong negatives

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a big company, and it varies quite a bit by job/org, but... - Great work environment, with lots of good people who are working hard. It's a good place to learn about the industry and your job role. - Good benefits (insurance, 401(k), etc., are all fine). - Lots of flexibility. Working from home is limited, but pretty common. Managers (mine in particular) don't micromanage.

Cons

- Pay is flat out not competitive for most jobs. That's the reason why 50% of college graduate hires are gone after 18 months. Raises are tiny and not guaranteed. If you want to excel, go somewhere else. - Onboarding process is a joke. Most jobs have no training, because no one is in charge of training. - Along those lines, if it isn't assigned to someone, it doesn't get done. Oracle is like the former USSR--centrally planned, with only a chosen few making decisions, and endless bureacracy for everyone else. It is the opposite of an empowering culture.

Advice to Management

I get that the choice to pay people below market wages is deliberate. But your calculations are wrong--you're wasting money by having to replace people over and over. The longer people go with below market salaries, the more likely above average talent is to leave. After a few years, the only people who are sure to still be there are the dead weight.

5. Company is definitely large but the perks are worth it. More top be updated here soon.

Current Employee - Cloud Customer Success in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cloud Customer Success in Houston, TX

I have been working at Oracle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, especially for outsiders coming into the technical sales organization. Work from home options abound and the benefits are very good.

Cons

Bureaucracy and information sharing are the biggest challenges in their cloud organizations. You must learn how to navigate the corporate structure to succeed.

Advice to Management

Make on boarding easier for new employees and prioritize collaboration to maximize efficiency.

6. Group Sales Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Progressing the careers of reps and managers; working with large companies and improve they way they run their business

Cons

Reps who dont care about the job can make it difficult. Sales is not easy and they think just because their father did it, that they can do it too.

7. Awesome Job

Current Employee - Applications Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool People Fun Environment Challenging Numbers It's a really good entry level position that can jump start any career. I would definitely recommend.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons other than maybe you have a lot of meetings or something. You get used to it though.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management. They are all great leaders and it's been great learning from them. Try to get a good manager tho.

8. hardware

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

physical design / ASIC backend design

Cons

less of the working year

9. Technical Analyst

Pros

Good atmosphere in the work area

Cons

Salary increments are very less

10. Director

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best enterprise solutions in the technology area. Good work culture and dedicated to customer success.

Cons

Too many product offerings, communication on product strategy and

Advice to Management

Reduce middle management/employee hierarchy for innovation and focus. Quick product release to the customers in the cloud business. Reduce release cycle of the product versions.

11. Sales

Pros

Opportunity to work with customers in many areas.

Cons

Recent changes that are starting to limit the areas to work with customers.

Showing 8,001 of 8,142 reviews