Oracle Reviews

5,740 Reviews

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison
Larry Ellison
3,323 Ratings

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good (in 793 reviews)

• Great work from home options; Good front-line managers who support their staff (in 358 reviews)

Cons
  • No flexibility for work/life balance--no telecommuting or working from home one day (in 110 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth (in 145 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome internship, but a catch!

Former Employee - Intern  in  Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Westminster, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked from home, managers went out of the way to include me in Oracle employee conferences, even though they didn't have to. Helped me learn more about the graduate world. Paid about 50% more than other companies did for internships. People were nice and very helpful. They even set me up to talk with senior high profile employees about my future. These people did not have to take hours out of their day to mentor me.

Cons

I graduated, asked for a reference and was told their policies wouldn't allow them, but would love to recommend me for internal jobs. Oracle mostly hires older and experienced people or have outsourced their programing development, thus no newgrad jobs. No reference hurt me. Even with the nice pay, a reference would have been much much better. Then again most interviewers seemed to understand about the policies.

I also didn't care for the majority work at home. I got stir crazy never leaving my house.

Not bad choice

Current Employee - Software Engineer/Software Developer IV  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer/Software Developer IV in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Flexible schedule
    - Friendly teammates
    - No heavy work load, less pressure

Cons

The company is mean. No matter the earning is good or bad, the budget for raise is always trivial . Lots of people here no real work to do, they are shamed to be asked for what project they're working on...

I believe they know all the issues here, but they may have bigger issues to handle. If I were Larry, I'll cut 10% of the current employees and save the money to give a raise for the rest of people.

Excellent

Former Employee - Principal QA Engineer  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Principal QA Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work culture was very flexible

Cons

no promotions, hike for a long time

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to settle for long term if interested of Oracle technologies

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Oracle has great internal knowledge source which helps on working
    Great company if you want to do quality work. Lot of projects and work.
    Good policies
    Lot of BUs to switch and work
    Technology oriented and respectful company
    Big name for resume
    Management is reachable and believe on open door policy
    Good Trainings

Cons

Salary is not that great

Should meet salary expectation on same level of companies like Google/FB etc

Good Working Environment

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pleasant Working environment. Good cooperation between teams. Interesting projects and talented people. Good work/life balance. Excellent opportunities for college grads from Ivy league colleges.

Cons

Weak compensation. No official communication about bonuses and raises. No formal bonus process established. Vacation 18 days, no opportunities for a sabbatical.

Good

Current Employee - Developer  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

good work life balance in company

Cons

More transparency needed in terms of build cycles and overal product developement

Not perfect, but great

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Personable, supportive managers are working here. They've all done the work you're doing so are familiar with how things are for you getting your job done. Plenty of good coaching and training is encouraged. Good work-life balance and accommodations are made for health or family emergency situations. Benefits cannot be beat. The company sends out surveys to employees at least once, maybe twice a year to assess employee satisfaction and what areas need to be addressed. Positive changes have been seen from these surveys.

Cons

Little to nothing in the way of pay increases. After ten years they are eliminating the work from home option for the support organization - money that could have been spent on payroll is instead going into facilities that strictly speaking aren't needed considering the work that's done and all the options for communicating with coworkers, who are often scattered across the hemisphere if not the world. One star removed from overall rating because of this issue.

Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss.

Current Employee - Technical Analyst (Support)
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst (Support)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

California-based US company, so decent competitive benefits.

Cons

highly political, metric-driven culture. Lagging salaries.
    do not anticipate the announcement of Larry's Ellison's departure to change anything for the better.

Give advice to Management? Like they would even give a care what I say. There are certainly enough surveys going around, they should read those first.

Driven to Acquire

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Very talented people world wide. The atmosphere is very comfortable in the office & remote positions. Opportunities for advancement internally are available. Excellent benefits.

Cons

For those entering into the company through acquisitions compensation increases can be difficult to attain. Very little job security with the company as jobs can be shifted to other locations without the option to move.

Great Experience for the most part

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging work, global exposure, great technologies and very good compensation for VP and above

Cons

Conventional, old fashioned mindset, difficult to change. Cohesive culture is missing.

Find better ways/means to hold on to and promote your best talent

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!