Oracle Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

2,711 Employee Reviews

Good company with awesome benefits

Former Employee - Staff Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Staff Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This review is based on my experience with Oracle Consulting. Other departments may vary: - Wonderful, comprehensive benefits package. - Opportunity to work remote if the client allows it. - Diverse product offering means you'll never get bored doing the same thing. - Being the top database and database application company means Oracle isn't going under anytime soon. - Free Oracle University training (as long as your cost center pays for it). - Decent work / life balance if you get onto a project with competent project management. - Very progressive company with regards to corporate culture and values.

Cons

Again, cons are based on my experience at Oracle Consulting. Sales, marketing, product development, etc experiences will vary: - Your resource manager will only see / talk to you once a year, and they are the ones responsible for your performance review. Not good. - Pay is extremely low when compared to other Oracle development / consulting jobs in the industry. - Layoffs almost every quarter. If you find yourself in between projects, expect a severance package in the mail. - Performance reviews are actually not based on performance, but dictated by upper management. This creates an environment of favoritism. - Senior management in consulting had been in disarray while I was there, resulting in low morale. - Oracle Consulting is a revolving door and Oracle is turning into a training house for other companies. - Promotions / raises take forever. Every year they have a new excuse as to why they can't promote you.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees as a replaceable commodity. I was laid off earlier this year, and the next day I saw job openings for consulting positions. Management 101: It costs less money to retain an existing employee than it does to hire a new one. You have a huge HR department, use it! Rather than laying employees off, try to match them with new openings and offer to transfer them if the other manager wants them. Believe it or not, there are those of us that actually want to be there and contribute. I would also recommend making salaries a bit more competitive. I loved my job and stayed there despite the laughable salary, but in the nine years that I was there, I saw a lot of bright talent leave because the pay was just terrible and opportunities for advancement were not there. Finally, please do away with your ridiculous performance self-evaluation system. You rate us on a 1-5 scale, with 4s and 5s getting promoted. Then you dictate to department managers that they are only allowed to give X number of 4s and 5s.That is completely unfair, especially considering how hard some of us work only to never see the fruits of our labor. I pulled 60-70 hour work weeks and received really high remarks from my project managers and the client, and you tell me that I deserve a 3 five years in a row? At least be honest with us, we're adults and can handle the truth.

2. ASR

Pros

Great team. A fun environment to work in. You will learn a ton about the computer software industry. More than you ever fathomed

Cons

Typical corporate red tape. More difficult to sell internally sometimes than it is externally

3. I enjoyed my time at Oracle, but the politics were heavy

I worked at Oracle (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting work that impacted some of the most important companies and governments on Earth.

Cons

Very political environment at the time (2001).

5. Working in Global Business Units is pretty good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monument, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monument, CO

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the Global Business Units (GBUs) is a fast growing organization with lots to keep people busy. Large variety of technology, lot of customer challenges to solve and a good exec management team. GBUs continue to be an area of growth and investment. Work-life balance is great depending on your location or role.

Cons

The culture suffers from a lot of old Oracle classic mindset conflicting with new cloud focused business leaders in the GBU or coming in via acquisition. Sometimes new & better methods are encouraged and accepted but too often, the old BAU rule prevails

Advice to Management

Encourage and run with the new, progressive thought leaders. Management that isn't effective or is being roadblock should be moved out of the way

6. Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging and rewarding environment Well known and generally respected organization

Cons

Large company so processes are difficult

Advice to Management

Focus on internal resources Listen to the customers

7. Experience at Oracle

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Big company culture, Name brand, resume builder

Cons

Support is what you create

Advice to Management

allow for easier movement internally

8. Oracle

Current Employee - Applications Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Money with decent investment in new products.

Cons

Big Company, too hard to do business with all of the steps needed to get it done. Internal sell is often harder than selling to your customer.

Advice to Management

Simplify. Make it easier to do business internally and simplify how the reps sell. Limited training and career advancement.

9. Applications Engineer

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Oracle (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work Life Balance. Interesting Work

Cons

Did not find anything wrong.

10. Good Worl Life balance

Pros

flexible working hours,good balance between work and personal life

Cons

no regular hikes or career growth depends on experience than talent

11. BDC

Pros

Good work atmosphere, potential to make a lot of money

Cons

you sit in a cube most of the day, cold calling

Showing 2,711 of 8,103 reviews