Oracle Reviews

6954 reviews filtered by

1. Good working environment

Current Employee - Master Principal Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Master Principal Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid Company with good financials.

Cons

Heavy on Management Structure, constant decreases in compensation packages over the last year.

Advice to Management

Value your valued employees more. When you decrease compensation packages, especially with little notice, you make your employees feel like a row in a database instead of a team member.

2. Good work environment, nice people, but little development opt

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Good work environment, nice people, interesting technology and customers

Cons

Company direction has taken a turn for the worse, highest management is loosing vision, company is getting too reactive

Advice to Management

trust your employees more

3. Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Principal Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Obviously, Oracle has an amazing technology portfolio. That is a HUGE plus. If you like tech, especially databases like me, you will feel like a kid in a candy shop.
    The Sales Consulting organization is a positive place to work. Team mates collaborate and cooperate. There is amazing support from Product Management and even though the company is very large, it feels much smaller and you can talk with and suggest new features to product development.

Cons

My immediate management is wonderful and very supportive. Sadly, the upper management is not. Prior to the arrival of Mark Hurd, the compensation and benefits were tolerable. They don't pay top dollar simply because I guess they feel that they are who they are and therefore don't have to. Since Mark Hurd has arrived, things have steadily gone down hill. Perks have been taken away and I'm they have reduced my salary. After between 5-10 years with the company, I'm now making LESS than the day I got hired. There are no raises either. I love it there but can't afford to stay any longer than I have to.

Advice to Management

Re-instate the benefits you have taken away. Share corporate profits with the people who bring them into the company, us. Give everyone a well deserved raise and stop creating an environment that feels like you want us to quit so you can replace us with cheaper talent. It takes a year plus for an SC to really get to hitting their stride. You aren't running HP anymore and with no shortage of profits, there isn't a reason to keep nickel and dimeing us.

Global Experience

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Large established company structure that provides for clearly defined roles and responsibilities
    - Innovative mindset that supports creative out of the box thinking
    - Great opportunities across international territories
    - Significant diversity in terms of technical and vertical industry domains

Cons

- Remote vs. onsite work doesn't provide for the right balance of collaboration
    - Empowerment of individuals is not always aligned with role, position and title

Advice to Management

- Continue focusing on talents and innovation as the key drivers for long term success, while disallowing for politically motivated mindsets to prevail

Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Not sure- good benefits, good people, good products, flexible work schedule, not a hell of a lot more to say with 20 words

Cons

Difficult to get anything done, management unable to manage, all employed are replaceable attitude, not desire to fix what is clearly broken, very little ability to make a difference and no focus on doing what is right for the customer-

Advice to Management

There is no management - and anyone who says they are is helpless

Program manager

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Good Gym, good work life balance

Cons

Pay is very bad, culture isn't great

Inside Sales

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Stable employment
    Easy commute -- office right off the freeway
    Beautiful campus

Cons

Sadly, at least 50% of this job is luck. What territory you get and what manager you are assigned to. People's experiences will differ vastly at Oracle because they got shuffled a much different hand --even if they have an identical job title. Also, for a tech company Oracle doesn't really have any notable perks..

Advice to Management

Raise salaries, breathe life into stagnant culture--cold calling isn't what it used to be--time to accept that move forward.

9. Application Sales Rep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Big company experieince and ability to learn a lot real fast. This is really a great springboard to a career in tech sales.

Cons

pay is very poor and not even close to industry averages. figuring out comp and territory issues can take months and months and months to resolve.

10. Senior Consultant

I worked at Oracle

Pros

I had a good manager and very much enjoyed the people I worked with. Co-workers and also manager were great, always willing to share knowledge and help you out when you needed it. Benefits are good, I enjoyed the projects I worked on and my manager always backed me and others in the group up when dealing with difficult clients. Luckily for me I just had one bad one.

Cons

Education and training opportunities were very limited. Senior Management seem to also be the cutting consulting side. It was like being Larry's red-headed step child. Sales and consulting did not work well together. Forget about promotions or raises. They are always have salary freezes on the consulting side. Even when you are billing 100% they stiff you on the bonuses.

Advice to Management

Relax on the multi-million dollar senior management salaries and bonuses for a few years so that you can reinvest in your employees. The executive level salary and bonuses are crazy. It's obscene how a company will not try to retain it's employees who play the most pivotal part in bringing in the money that you horde from them.

11. Senior Member of Technical Staff

Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Job security. Once you take ownership of a particular component, you have a job until that
       component gets killed.
    - Good health benefits, food at subsidized rates for employees, good fitness center.
    - A good place of non-immigrants to get their green card. They have processed several cases and
      this be experienced enough to deal without almost any case.

Cons

- The work can get really mundane and boring after a while. Not a very challenging environment
       for young and smart developers.
    - The politics can get too stressful at times. I personally had a bad experience where I was asked
        to work on a project all by myself and no resources were provided. It was highly political and
        the team that I had to work with gave me a really hard time for everything. My team wasn't
        willing to do anything about it and they believed that they had thrown me under the bus and it
        was my headache to find my way out of it. It was a very unpleasant experience and it left a bad
        taste in the mouth.

Advice to Management

- Compensation should be market-sensitive in order to be to attract and retain talented
       employees.
    - Politics should be dealt with by the management. Not by the developers.