Oracle

Oracle Reviews in Sacramento, CA

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Oracle CEO and Director Larry Ellison

Larry Ellison

Pros
  • The work/life balance at Oracle (at least the division I work for) is quite good (in 721 reviews)

• Work from home option is available which is very convenient during busy times (in 329 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is a trade off offered for lesser than industry average growth (in 97 reviews)

• The consulting practice shrunk so much that there is no career growth (in 137 reviews)

More Highlights
17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

SR Sales Consultant-BI

Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsGood Salary and Benefits. A fair amount of autonomy depending upon group. Lots of potential to learn if you are self directed.

ConsVery difficult to get things done internally. Too man layers and too many Reps calling on the same accounts. People show up to meetings and they don't even know they all work for Oracle. Lots of time spent "protecting turf" and "proving worth" as opposed to selling solutions and insuring customer satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the go to market strategy and add "Major Account Managers".

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsGreat leadership and great people. No major layoffs. (Probably one of the very few high tech companies that was extremely well managed, financially.) Great work life balance.Lots of opportunities for future growth and upward mobility if you work hard.

ConsRaises hard to come by and are delayed. Not much cons here.

Advice to Senior Managementcompensate people better

Great

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsIf you want added responsibility they'll give it to you.

ConsVery competitive work environment and some in-fighting

Advice to Senior ManagementThe staff need more training.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunities, Bad pay

Senior Director (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsBright people, can-do culture, constant change and growth, opportunity for advancement. Oracle keeps acquiring new companies and growing into new markets which ensures job security for established employees and a culture of change and growth.

ConsPoor compensation (low pay increases and small/$0 bonuses). Oracle's policy allows management to hire new employees at market salaries but does not allow Oracle employees to fill those positions at equivalent salaries if that means giving a current employee a raise. The only way to really get paid is to leave and return.
    Top-down decision making is a mixed blessing. Decisions do get made and there is not a committee culture but often decisions are made in a vacuum by uninformed executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more market studies to keep current employee compensation at market, reduce inflexibility of internal promotions. Decentralize more decision making and empower mid-upper management to own decisions vs. everything running through the CEO office

Great company to work for but it's not perfect.

Real Estate Analyst 2-Fac (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsFlexible work schedule. Great benefits and fair salary. Once you learn your job responsibilities, it becomes a little monotonous but relatively easy to accomplish your daily tasks.

ConsPeople who have been working for the company for many years (10+) are set in their ways of doing things, aren't innovative, and resist change. Lack of leadership from immediate supervisor/manager. When new hires start, they often do not know who to turn for training and sometimes it becomes a "blind leading the blind" situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to be trained in all areas so when a person needs guidance/advice on how to do something or an employee is absent, they can jump right in and be able to fill in the gap. Often, the employees who have been with the company for many years end up training the new managers.

Great Company Perks

Service Desk Engineer (Former Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsBenefits are great. Work and life balance is good. Lots of room for growth

ConsCompensation can be frustrating. Can go several years without a pay raise

Great place to work

Principal Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsAwesome team with deep experience, great personalities and dedication to ethical and quality work. We do the right thing for the client and come up with innovative solutions. Employees are appreciated and rewarded appropriately. There are lots of new products and cutting edge technologies in Big Data, Analytics, Business Intelligence and hardware platforms that keep my job interesting and engaging.

ConsHours can be long but sometimes those hours are drinks with partners. My work group is great but I know other work groups around the country aren't as cohesive.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good times rolling.

If you are prone to be a yes person, this is the place to work.

Senior Principal Product Manager (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe work can be interesting, a lot of really great people

ConsPays below market, no bonuses, Larry owns all the equity

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Art of War, is an outdated philosophy.

Oracle

Project Manager (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsSalary, benefits, work environment and people are all exceptional and it definitely feels like I am a member of a team working towards something.

ConsPerhaps it is too big of a company and sometimes one may feel like there is no acknowledgment or recognition of one's value.

Security Architect

Project Director (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsSolid Company, great opportunities, complete product lines.

ConsSometimes the size of the company gets in the way, but I guess that is the way with any large company.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!