Orange Business Services

Orange Business Services Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Orange Business Services Directeur Exécutif Thierry Bonhomme

Thierry Bonhomme

Pros
  • There is also a good work-life balance culture practiced in the company (in 38 reviews)

• Good work environment,good exposure towards telecommunication and unified communication solutions (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • No career path but you should draw it by yourself and decide what you want to be (in 14 reviews)

• Management, work life balance, work load, interest (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Its a great company to work at it. Flexible environment and really a multinational environment.

Head of Human Resources Latin America (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsFlexible environment with excellent opportunities to meet people around the world.

ConsMatrix and multi level Leadership structure. Too much processes

Advice to Senior ManagementDo they really walk the talk in terms of honesty and value of diversity!

ok.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood people and good for learning

Consmany limitations, culture, politics, etc..

Great company with a rewarding global experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFreedom to collaborate with colleagues and share ideas. Not a demanding 9-5 job but you will work but you will play just as hard.

ConsNot a good training program for new products, processes, or procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees with training. Enforce career development plans for all employees. Show interest in the employee before they show interest in leaving.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Portrayed as a global company but increasingly only focused on France.

ProsFlexible work environment, hefty vacation time and great medical/dental benefits. Peers can be some of the best around, if nurtured.

ConsLess and less focus on delivering services internationally. The company has lost it's appeal to the global marketplace. Employees suffer from political decisions vs. what's best for the company, the saying it's not what you know but who you know is running throughout the company. If you are not based in France, you will go nowhere. Too many internal politics, processes that don't work and outdated tools and systems making daily life a nightmare. Growth outside of France is highly questionable. Layoffs in the US for 2014 total over 1,000 employees and 220 employees in Europe to be laid off July-Dec.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn your culture around to the international focus it had under previous management. Nurture your employees who produce and give you results, regardless of their location. Hold employees in ALL locations accountable for their work, or lack their of...

Orange

Rather Not Say (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFriendly co-workers like a family, good benefits and Vacation time.(although taking it is actually very stressful as you normally have to find someone to take on your assignments or kill yourself working before and afterwards.)

ConsVery poor upper management just want to be catered to. Have no idea about the employees and the challenges they face to try to get anything done in their world of off-shoring to cheaper cost centers with lesser skilled personnel. If you escalate an issue to a manager stupidly thinking you will get help, you will not, but you may find yourself in hot water. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to run a global network all alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to save some money,remove do-nothing layers of management acquired during Global One merger. The cronyism is astonishing. The company and people will start to self destruct if any more veteran workers are made redundant. Customers aren't happy when their engineers, support managers , etc etc are all removed and replaced with a cheaper facsimile in whatever place is cheapest this year.

Good company to work for

Project Manager (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsCompetitive salaries, great benefits, and telecommuting

ConsCould promote people more frequently

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't "offshore" any more people

ok, but nothing special

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsWork life balance, exposure to french culture & mgmt style

ConsCompensation, lack of promotional opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people locally

No Growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsTime off and vacations, 401K

ConsDon't invest in their own people

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your people

Overall a great place to work with awesome benefits

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsI had a lot of freedom without a lot of micro-management. I was with them for many years and their benefits as second to none.

ConsIt was challenging to get formal training and they don't like to give raises so make sure you negotiate a salary you can live with for many years.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you don't hire any other VPs who bring in all of their cronies and replace the holders of those jobs

Innovative and Creative projects

ProsCreative, knowledgeable and supportive co-workers.

ConsLack of cooperation and communication between different departments.

Worked for Orange Business Services? Contribute to the Community!