Orange Coast College

www.occ.cccd.edu

Orange Coast College Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014
Orange Coast College – US – “Classroom”

This is a good institute to work for

ProsFlexible scheduling. They understand you have a life outside work.

ConsPoor management of resources at times. Security is in a temporary trailer while large building are almost unused.

unforgetable

Assistant (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

Prosmy experience in the school is nice and forgettable. I love the workplace, very friendly and interactive

Consthe school is far awy from my house. it took over 1 hour to get here

Advice to Senior Managementi have no advice

Superb Education

Part Time Faculty (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsOrange Coast College is one of the leading educational institutions in technology innovation with smart classrooms. It is formed by a rich classroom and world cultures. It strives to prepare and train students for the work market by providing curriculum that is relevant to the demands of our current industry. OCC brings professionals to work together as a family for the benefit of our studnets and community.

ConsThere are not really benefits for part time faculty.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more budget for part time faculty employment and benefits.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Part Time Employment at OCC

Clerk (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsWorking in an institution of learning is very rewarding. Staff are all very helpful and kind. This school is highly fiscally responsible... especially in light of current state budget issues. A great environment for the most part. There are fighting factions and unions, but those issues are few and minor.

ConsLimited to 150 days per year. There is a hiring freeze so unlikely to turn into a full time position. Also - Public Service has its own issues and the CA budget is going to ultimately make things worse. Divisions do not get along so it is a challenge also. But these things are not unique to this particular institution.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are so many part time employees now working here due to budget constraints, more attention should be given to this level of employee. A simple recognition of the contribution this growing population make to the running of the school would be nice.

Pleasant and enjoyable place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsEveryone is very friendly and helpful. The campus is beautiful and its location right next to the beach is very nice. There is also plenty of parking, as the fair grounds are right across the street if additional parking is needed.

ConsMost people are there in transition so they are not there for very long. Also it is difficult to make appointments with senior management.

Awesome Place to Work (Wait till budget improves to apply)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

Pros1. Awesome culture, best I have ever experienced
    2. No turnover at all, people love it here
    3. Great location, working on a college campus is fun
    4. Co- workers turned out to be lifelong friends.
    5. They will pay 3300 per year towards your degree
    6. Co workers are generally very happy to be here

ConsCA budget issues- serious layoff likely in 2011.
    It seems hard to move up into management

Advice to Senior ManagementI acknowledge your tough task of the budget issues you are facing. In light of this, spend more time with your team individually so they will grow

cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

Proseasy job. The pay was typical of minimum wage but for the work you do, who can complain. I like the hours

ConsThey didnt give me enough hours. I wanted to work more but there was just so many people because it was a seasonal job

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management were nice and i had no problem with them. The superviser was kind of mean sometimes though because i think he is jsut like that

Worked for Orange Coast College? Contribute to the Community!