Orases Reviews

Nick Damoulakis

1. Business Development

Current Employee - Business Development in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Orases full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trust: I want to work with people I can trust to be fully competent and possess impeccable character. All TEAM Orases members are individuals I can trust. Value: I want to create value for the clients we serve with high quality products and a loving caring relationship. We create value every day. I am proud to be a member of this company.

Cons

No one wears a suit.

Advice to Management

The Orases culture that has been created is incredibly important to maintain when we double in size. My expectation is that we will be able to meet the challenge.

2. Flexible, family oriented and challenging development work.

Current Employee - Web Developer in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Orases full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is flexible and allows you to come early.. or come in later, work from home when needed as long as you are getting your work done and not abusing this obvious work place perk. We have a office that has surprised visitors because they would have only expected it in someplace like California. Choice of development system, Windows? Mac? Linux? Standing desks if you want them, no cubicles! and windows!! I can see outside all day. Great co-workers, can't say enough about the co-workers I have that make it all that much better to come in to work when I could work at home. Having other very knowledgeable developers to work with who are their to discuss what you're working on, WAY better than posting to StackOverflow. "Democratically" controlled streaming music if you don't want to wear headphones and like a variety of music (except country). Almost forgot! Relaxed dress code.. jeans, shorts, hoodies, size 14 shoes even if you only wear a size 10, as long as it's tasteful and clean .. dare I say flip flops? (if you have good distal hygiene of course)

Cons

- A lack of nutritionally deficient snack foods (besides red licorice). - No free Mountain Dew - No subsidized Teslas - Occasional streaming country music

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Developer's gripe, it's part of our DNA, but we are 99% happy.

3. Positive team-oriented culture with significant growth opportunity

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Orases full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Orases for more than a year, and it has been an overwhelmingly positive experience. It starts with the family-oriented, team-focused culture in the office -- from management to the developers, your team is truly there to back you up. My position is challenging in a good way -- I am always being pushed to learn and improve my skillsets. For example, Orases is currently providing Project Management training to help a few team members earn their CAPM certification. Each project is different, which keeps the daily grind interesting, and Orases works with diverse clients -- from high-profile national brands to small, local businesses.

Cons

If you are a person who does not thrive in a fast-paced environment or who does not seek challenges and personal growth, Orases is not the place for you.

5. Enriching, rewarding experience with a company completely focused on customer satisfaction.

Former Employee - Vice President, Operations in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Vice President, Operations in Frederick, MD

I worked at Orases full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The mantra "put quality first in every decision" is evident in everything that Orases produces. The management is intently focused on product quality and client satisfaction while consistently demonstrating a high regard for the employees personal needs and advancement opportunities.

Cons

If you're looking to hide in a corner this is not the place for you. It is an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic environment. The company is on the forefront of internet technology and that requires rapid response to constant change.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote the balance between a high work ethic and the commitment to personal health and welfare of the employees and their families.

Smoke and Mirrors .... Like a Freakin Magic show

Former Employee - Web Developer in Frederick, MD

I worked at Orases full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The developers there know what they are doing. IF you are looking to learn from others and work with a group of skilled developers, surprisingly enough they are here. Although they are slowly leaving....

Cons

Project Management is almost non existent. Other reviews claim there is training but there is none! We were even denied for a FREE training seminar on new cloud based technology. There is always A LOT of finger pointing from management when projects do go right but never do they point back to themselves.

Advice to Management

close the doors, and stop posting fake reviews.

7. Orases exhibits a deep regard for both their clients and their employees.

I have been working at Orases full-time

Pros

Fun and relaxed environment Goal-oriented Training offered Good staff

Cons

Sometime stressful, but what job isn't?

Poor management, employees left constantly

Former Employee - Web Developer in Frederick, MD

Pros

We had decent machines to develop on and most of the employees were fun

Cons

Management was misdirected and had no respect for employees. Within a year there was about 6 people that left in a 10 person company. Everyone is replaceable entities to them.

Advice to Management

Don't give everything away for free, developers end up being the ones pressured into not taking pride into their work because it must be rushed.

9. Best Internship I ever had. Great Team, Great Leaders

Current Employee - Intern in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Intern in Frederick, MD

Pros

I worked at Orases as an intern and really enjoyed my time there. The team was great and the environment is fun. We worked hard but it was worth it

Cons

Sometimes its hard to see all the work we do for Orases and get credit. But overall its much better then any other place I interned or worked at.

Advice to Management

You have given me great advice and I have learned great work ethics from the management team. Its nice to see a management team that works as hard, if not harder, then everyone else. Dave and Nick our a great combo.

Fun, Family-Oriented, Fast-Paced Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Pros

Orases has a cool client list and a fun atmosphere to work in. Rarely have to work overtime or weekends but is a deadline oriented focus so your work must get done. Developers are friendly and help each other out with road blocks or brainstorming.

Cons

Developers do not fake your resume. Be prepared to do what you say you can do -- its a small company and no where to hide.

Advice to Management

The management team appears to be a cohesive group - very approachable and hands-on. If you are coming from a big company the term 'management' is not the same. These guys dig in and do work.

Get to work with some nice clients, people are nice, but things just don't work well

Former Employee - Web Developer in Frederick, MD

Pros

The only good thing really is the clients that a developer gets experience with while working there. Just look at the company's website to see some of the well-known clients.

Cons

Frequent overtime is expected and isn't rewarded. Additionally, it's nearly impossible to grow personally while at this company.

Advice to Management

Pay higher in order to keep employees happy (so they'll do better work for you) and this will also make it easier to find and keep new employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed