Orases

Be The First To
Add Photos

Orases President Nick Damoulakis

Nick Damoulakis

Positive team-oriented culture with significant growth opportunity

Account Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI have worked at Orases for more than a year, and it has been an overwhelmingly positive experience. It starts with the family-oriented, team-focused culture in the office -- from management to the developers, your team is truly there to back you up. My position is challenging in a good way -- I am always being pushed to learn and improve my skillsets. For example, Orases is currently providing Project Management training to help a few team members earn their CAPM certification. Each project is different, which keeps the daily grind interesting, and Orases works with diverse clients -- from high-profile national brands to small, local businesses.

ConsIf you are a person who does not thrive in a fast-paced environment or who does not seek challenges and personal growth, Orases is not the place for you.

Enriching, rewarding experience with a company completely focused on customer satisfaction.

Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsThe mantra "put quality first in every decision" is evident in everything that Orases produces. The management is intently focused on product quality and client satisfaction while consistently demonstrating a high regard for the employees personal needs and advancement opportunities.

ConsIf you're looking to hide in a corner this is not the place for you. It is an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic environment. The company is on the forefront of internet technology and that requires rapid response to constant change.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote the balance between a high work ethic and the commitment to personal health and welfare of the employees and their families.

Growing company with leadership truly interested in input from all levels. Professional yet casual work environment.

ProsAlways open to new ideas and very focused on client satisfaction

ConsCould benefit from increased workplace diversity

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smoke and Mirrors .... Like a Freakin Magic show

Web Developer (Former Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsThe developers there know what they are doing. IF you are looking to learn from others and work with a group of skilled developers, surprisingly enough they are here. Although they are slowly leaving....

ConsProject Management is almost non existent. Other reviews claim there is training but there is none! We were even denied for a FREE training seminar on new cloud based technology. There is always A LOT of finger pointing from management when projects do go right but never do they point back to themselves.

Advice to Senior Managementclose the doors, and stop posting fake reviews.

Orases exhibits a deep regard for both their clients and their employees.

ProsFun and relaxed environment
    Goal-oriented
    Training offered
    Good staff

ConsSometime stressful, but what job isn't?

Family Friendly business atmosphere

High School Intern (Former Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsCo-workers, experience, actual work, Freedom. everyone is ready to help and has your back. Awesome Chalkboard walls and Office Space

ConsCan get a little monotonous at times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Poor management, employees left constantly

Web Developer (Former Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsWe had decent machines to develop on and most of the employees were fun

ConsManagement was misdirected and had no respect for employees. Within a year there was about 6 people that left in a 10 person company. Everyone is replaceable entities to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give everything away for free, developers end up being the ones pressured into not taking pride into their work because it must be rushed.

Best Internship I ever had. Great Team, Great Leaders

Intern (Current Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsI worked at Orases as an intern and really enjoyed my time there. The team was great and the environment is fun. We worked hard but it was worth it

ConsSometimes its hard to see all the work we do for Orases and get credit. But overall its much better then any other place I interned or worked at.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have given me great advice and I have learned great work ethics from the management team. Its nice to see a management team that works as hard, if not harder, then everyone else. Dave and Nick our a great combo.

Fun, Family-Oriented, Fast-Paced Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsOrases has a cool client list and a fun atmosphere to work in. Rarely have to work overtime or weekends but is a deadline oriented focus so your work must get done. Developers are friendly and help each other out with road blocks or brainstorming.

ConsDevelopers do not fake your resume. Be prepared to do what you say you can do -- its a small company and no where to hide.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team appears to be a cohesive group - very approachable and hands-on. If you are coming from a big company the term 'management' is not the same. These guys dig in and do work.

Get to work with some nice clients, people are nice, but things just don't work well

Web Developer (Former Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsThe only good thing really is the clients that a developer gets experience with while working there. Just look at the company's website to see some of the well-known clients.

ConsFrequent overtime is expected and isn't rewarded. Additionally, it's nearly impossible to grow personally while at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay higher in order to keep employees happy (so they'll do better work for you) and this will also make it easier to find and keep new employees.

Worked for Orases? Contribute to the Community!