Orbis Global Reviews

Reset
3.1
Orbis Global CEO Grant Halloran
Grant Halloran

1. Fantastic, fast growth company with emphasis on workplace culture.

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Orbis Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership focuses on developing the team, emphasizes culture and employee engagement.
    Super fast growth, grew 200c and 300pc in 2011-2012.
    Very high standards. Under-achievers leave.
    Drinks every Friday night. Attend any training you request. Good travel policies.
    Amazing office in financial district.
    CEO is very engaged, fair and knows his game well.

Cons

Smaller company, so career opps inside are limited, although now part of Infor which is a 13.000 staff company so this has probably changed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Fake 5 star reviews to prop up rating

I worked at Orbis Global

Pros

It was a job. Some of middle management and non-management staff are intelligent people. I don't have much to add beyond that.

Cons

After brief, stressful stint at that organization I can definitively say this has been the low light of my career.
    I have never worked for a more scattered or hostile organization. The lack of integrity demonstrated by the executives blurred legal lines. As prior reviews mention, this organization is way out of its depth. Its saving grace is that it was somehow acquired by Infor and the ill-advised actions of the old management can be mitigated by much more capable new management.

Weak, volatile leadership. Orbis Global was the most disappointing company choice of my career.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Orbis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recently bought by Infor, so, hopefully many of the management problems will disappear
    Great location in the financial district, San Francisco
    Decent (theoretical) pay
    Product that is a “leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for MRM (marketing resource management)”
    Handful of Fortune 5000 companies as customers

Cons

Weak, volatile leadership.
    Borderline abusive management practices, in my opinion.
    13 years in business without a proper sales team says something.
    Somewhat 'Smoke-and-mirrors product'; based upon outdated Microsoft technologies
    Weak infrastructure, no operations management.
    No training what-so-ever. Sink or swim.
    Employees are generally miserable, and looking for way out.

Advice to Management

This is Silicon Valley, not the back country. The reason Orbis Global can’t keep talent is because talented individuals aren’t willing to work in such volatile/hostile environments.

If you want to grow your company, realize that you must surround yourself with competent and talented executives that can help you take your company to the next level. Talented employees have choices, and they will simply walk out the door before taking orders from a harsh drill-sergeant like manager. This is why Orbis Global has been around for 13 years, and no one in the marketing software industry has heard of them.

Luckily, the company was bought by a competent company, so perhaps they can take the framework of Orbis Global and actually turn it into a decent organization.

Run away from this company. Do not walk.

Former Employee - Sales/Marketing Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales/Marketing Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Orbis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. They talk a great game and will not deliver.

Cons

The two brothers who own the place are highly volatile and run a toxic work environment. Value propositions are mere smoke. Dev team is week and inexperienced and are babies. They are running on their laurels and have duped investors and analysts. A very small company from a country very far from Silicon Valley. The software is dated and the road map is a pipe dream. Global? Look into that. Offices in London and Singapore? Sales people have run away from the company. Choosing this vendor almost cost me and others our jobs. Time will catch up with them.

6. Gave me the kickstart in my career

I worked at Orbis Global

Pros

Fast paced, hands on and ability to truly influence company direction. An attitude and culture that was all about making things work with what we had.

Cons

I guess a smaller company, long term success story isn't for everyone. Challenging for some people to.navigate and take advantage of the opportunity.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and disrupt existing vendors. Staff want to be part of something vibrant and challenging. Only hire people that really think the same way and get it.

7. Orbis Global is a 'Great place to work'

Former Employee - Project Lead in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Orbis Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Orbis Global for four years. It was a career highlight. The company is very well led and they achieve great business results through a strong people culture. The pace is fast and the rewards match it.
    Orbis Global was formally recognised as a 'Great place to work' which aligns with my experience working there.

Cons

The fast pace isn't for everyone, some staff struggle to cope, but most thrive and excel in it.

Advice to Management

Keep building towards your Vision. I enjoyed being part of the Orbis Global journey....

RSS Feed </> Embed