Orbit Medical Reviews

3.5
Brandon Bliss

1. Definitely a Step up

I have been working at Orbit Medical full-time

Pros

In my current position the best thing is the flexibility. I have children and I've always been able to take be there for them. Whether they get sick and I have to take them to the doctor, or a babysitter cancels or is late, or they have a scholastic event. I've always been able to schedule my time around this. Also there is room to generate revenue on my own terms. I determine what happens in my territory with accountability, but I am compensated for my lead generation, not just a pat on the back. There are bonus's and incentives every month. I've seen the company reward top sellers or bonus hitters with everything from a GoPro to an X Box, to Apple store gift cards, and etc. They are highly incentive oriented and family structured.

Cons

It's not an easy job. The items we sell, this market has experienced some bad reputations, so it's a challenge to build that rapport and explain why our company is different. The clients we deal with many have negative personalities and you will get berated, yelled at for things that are outside of your control legitimately. There is a lot of damage control in my position, and sometimes there can be late nights, but it's not a everyday occurrence.

As far a leadership there does appear to be a discrepancy in the treatment of different job titles, as far as expectations. I would try to find a way to create incentives for those job titles that don't necessarily generate money for the company, so they don't develop resentment towards their coworkers and the company as a whole. It's difficult concept to reward people for literally doing their job, but some other aspects of the job, "customer service, technicians, scheduling" they can feel left out when others are rewarded for going above and beyond.

2. Overall, excellent experience and a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Orbit Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented. Interact and build relationships with different patient's and medical facilities. You have control of your earnings potential.

Cons

Constant changes with insurance requirements and guidelines.

Improve customer service. Need better communication among employees.

3. Territory Manager

Current Employee - Territory Manager in South Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in South Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbit Medical

Pros

-You earn great money if you work hard (speaking as a sales rep). It's that simple.
    -Take a negative review written by a disgruntled driver/technician who can't spell or use proper grammar with a grain of salt.
    -Management is excellent. The "good" employees know this.
    -We are always one step ahead or real close behind the daily changes of insurance companies.
    -Additionally, we won all our bids, meaning we made it through the hardest times Medicare could throw at us. There are very few DME companies around with our reputation

Cons

You have to be incredibly thorough with each patient, from referral to delivery. However, that's the job. Frustrations lie in the world not revolving around you, but diligence with follow ups and relationship-building solve these problems for the most part.

-Kicking the butts of the few people who go through the motions and/or don't understand the urgency of our top products (PWCs and Back Braces)
    -Same day preauth PWC submissions or pay for approvals.

5. sales

I have been working at Orbit Medical

Pros

Flexible hours, helping patient get equipment they need

Cons

Medicare is always changing and reimbursement is getting lower and lower

6. Sales Represenative

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbit Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed office environment. Excellent office culture. You get what you put into this job. If you work hard, you make some good money.

Cons

Lots of companies are going out of business due to Medicare and all of their crazy rules and competitive bidding.

Focus more on customer service.

7. Forward thinkers

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Orbit Medical full-time

Pros

Constantly striving for better ways to do things. If any company will make it (see "Cons"), they should.

Cons

Lots of troubled waters in this industry - many companies going out of business.

Be careful to not be more loyal to a pet-project employee that the interests of the company as a whole.

8. Delivery driver

I worked at Orbit Medical

Pros

Work Phone
    Being out the office

Cons

Short on hours on checks
    No work life balance even though they preach it.
    Scheduling is terrible
    Bad management, very amateur
    No time to take lunches, or else all appointments are late
    Schedule to many appointments to close together
    No consideration for patients
    Re delivery of dirty equipment
    Dont conside drive times to appointments
    Dont listen to the drivers
    No trouble shooting skills from customer service
    To many chief not enough Indians
    They dont care if weather conditions are bad to drive wont even give you a call to make aure your ok
    No growth although they will also preach that there is
    Favoritism
    12$ an hr

This job is a stepping stone to get your feet planted. Keep looking if employeed Besure to now get stuck in the same position.

Listen to the drivers its the front line of your company. Ask employees for advice on methonds and actually consider the good one. Acknowledge the good workers and value them. Get some engineers out and get some standard times on standard procedures. Also teach Schedualers how to schedule. Company has potential of alot more and is growing but be careful of losing good workers who can help instead of losong one who can also help you go under. Stay away from possible fraud is my last statement.

9. Just ok

I have been working at Orbit Medical full-time

Pros

very flexible work environment. really not a lot of supervision, able to adapt to local markets well. you are very in-control of your own salary. small company, so access to management is good

Cons

getting more and more frustrating to work with insurance companies. especially medicare. need to

they are very transparent and doing a good job

10. Sales Representative

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Orbit Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, minimal office time, get to meet new people, decent money

Cons

Communication between sales and operations is rough at times. Medicare's rules are ever changing.

Invest in your employees. Provide continual training. You are doing good job.

11. Territory Executive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Orbit Medical full-time

Pros

Good place to start your medical device career. Nice people that work there who mean well. Unique strategy. Potential to make more money (if you can afford to gamble your time). Nice company values.

Cons

Low base salary, continuous changes with government laws that will directly affect you regularly, high insurance rates with lousy benefit options (especially for families), it's a small company so your job could be terminated within a sneeze without a heads up. As you'll be in charge of all of your own paperwork so you getting paid on a sale can sometime depend solely on how fast a doctor will sign your paperwork (which can and will takes months sometimes). Takes 2 months for you to receive your commission payout from months ago. You should already know already that in this industry, you work sun up to sun down! Company value don't mean squat when your not bringing in the bacon (and, you should already know this about the industry lol).

Please listen to your sales force and better adjust to market changes in the different markets (which in most markets, there are a lot of outside forces and politics involved).