Orbitz Worldwide

Orbitz Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Orbitz Worldwide Chief Executive Officer Barney Harford

Barney Harford

Pros
  • Management emphasizes the work/life balance and encourages you to take vacation(in 58 reviews)

• Flexible work from home policy; good place to grow if you have the right manager(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not valued at Orbitz(in 10 reviews)

• It's very hard to achieve unrealistic goals when Senior Management doesn't value experienced employees(in 15 reviews)

Associate Market Manager

Associate Market Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Great training. They want you to learn and grow professionally.
    - You have the ability to take on more responsibility and projects outside of your daily role.
    - The office is great, you are surrounded by other great minds.
    - Fast paced environment
    - Management listens and implements good ideas from other employees.

Cons- None come to mind.

Advice to Senior Management- Great job listening to ideas that your team brings to you!

An amazing fun filled place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAwesome work environment
    Friendly people
    Amazing facilities
    Excellent benefits
    Excellent travel benefits

ConsNo cons as of now

Awesome

ProsGreat place, smart, wonderful, great people, great product and fun industry

ConsToo many excessive hours required and must live in Chicago

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Orbitz Worldwide is an exciting place to start my post-MBA career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company is open to different opportunities and ideas, which I do appreciate a lot. Another thing impressed me is that the co-workers here are very diverse and open-minded. What is more, the location is great, Chicago is a great city which has a lot of cool things to offer.

ConsThe internal system is a little bit complicated, it takes longer time to set up everything and keep thing running efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being bold and trying new ideas for further growth opportunities.

So far, so great...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHigh caliber of individuals, commitment of teams to product excellence and work-life balance are tremendous.

ConsLot's of internal systems with limited formal training and education during the on-boarding process make navigation somewhat challenging at first. Additionally, BI systems are unreliable.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in properly functioning and scalable tools that will allow your analyze and run the business seamlessly as you continue to grow

Friendly, Non-Bureaucratic Culture with Opportunity for Growth

ProsVery friendly, open culture without bureaucracy. A lot of opportunity to grow.

ConsNot too many cons, actually

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and do not take away any of the perks

If you're looking for work-life balance, you've come to the right place...

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros--work-life balance is top-knotch
    --flexible
    --smart, friendly people
    --very convenient location in major train station
    --pay and benefits are competitive, not amazing but solid
    --high-tech culture is engaging
    --thirsty thursday keg parties and other events
    --global feel, many cultures represented
    --casual dress code
    --travel discounts

Cons--senior leaders don't always seems to share the whole picture
    --long-term plan is kind of vague
    --internal growth only an option for certain career tracks
    --leadership development is so-so

Advice to Senior Management--I realize it's a large company, so it's hard, but try to share your real thoughts about our future
    --improve benefits / other offerings (summer Fridays?) to make up for slight pay gap vs. other companies

Fun and exciting company with a lot of upward mobility.

ProsOutstanding work life balance, exposure to working with people passionate about the product, collaborative work environment.

ConsTraining has been a little light, other groups within technology have strong onboarding structures though.

Nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat benefits, friendly co-works, nice environment. Cutting edge web-technology company. Management emphasizes the work/life balance and encourages you to take vacation.

ConsAlthough management encourages professional growth, it doesn't happen in reality. Training is offered but very limited. It's very hard to achieve unrealistic goals when Senior Management doesn't value experienced employees.

Orbitz Worldwide Dir. of Talent Development responded to this review

Jun 27, 2014

Thanks for highlighting all the elements you enjoy about our culture, but in regards to your “Cons” … are you familiar with Orbitz University? Along with many other tools and resources, Orbitz ... More

Exciting, Collaborative, & Fast Paced Work Environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery positive work environment, filled with talented and friendly people. You have the ability to truly make a difference at Orbitz, and don't feel as though you are just a number. Work/Life balance is great and very flexible (work from home if needed). The pay and benefits are very competitive, plus travel perks!

ConsConsider adding summer hours and offering a little more vacation time to new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accessible to the general employee population. It would be nice to see senior management interact more with everyone in the Chicago office.

Orbitz Worldwide Dir. of Talent Development responded to this review

Jun 27, 2014

Great to hear that you enjoy the work environment, people, work/life balance, pay and benefits – you hit on all the elements that set us apart as a fantastic place to work. Your observation about ... More

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!