Orbitz Worldwide

Orbitz Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Orbitz Worldwide Chief Executive Officer Barney Harford

Barney Harford

Pros
  • Management emphasizes the work/life balance and encourages you to take vacation(in 58 reviews)

• Flexible work from home policy; good place to grow if you have the right manager(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not valued at Orbitz(in 10 reviews)

• It's very hard to achieve unrealistic goals when Senior Management doesn't value experienced employees(in 15 reviews)

An amazing fun filled place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Excellent travel benefits

ConsNo cons as of now

Associate Market Manager

Associate Market Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Great training. They want you to learn and grow professionally.
    - You have the ability to take on more responsibility and projects outside of your daily role.
    - The office is great, you are surrounded by other great minds.
    - Fast paced environment
    - Management listens and implements good ideas from other employees.

Cons- None come to mind.

Advice to Senior Management- Great job listening to ideas that your team brings to you!

Awesome

ProsGreat place, smart, wonderful, great people, great product and fun industry

ConsToo many excessive hours required and must live in Chicago

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So far, so great...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHigh caliber of individuals, commitment of teams to product excellence and work-life balance are tremendous.

ConsLot's of internal systems with limited formal training and education during the on-boarding process make navigation somewhat challenging at first. Additionally, BI systems are unreliable.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in properly functioning and scalable tools that will allow your analyze and run the business seamlessly as you continue to grow

Orbitz Worldwide is an exciting place to start my post-MBA career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company is open to different opportunities and ideas, which I do appreciate a lot. Another thing impressed me is that the co-workers here are very diverse and open-minded. What is more, the location is great, Chicago is a great city which has a lot of cool things to offer.

ConsThe internal system is a little bit complicated, it takes longer time to set up everything and keep thing running efficiently.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being bold and trying new ideas for further growth opportunities.

Friendly, Non-Bureaucratic Culture with Opportunity for Growth

ProsVery friendly, open culture without bureaucracy. A lot of opportunity to grow.

ConsNot too many cons, actually

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and do not take away any of the perks

Decent company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat people, professional. Understanding of work-life balance. Good benefits. Decent work culture. HQ located near train station, easy to commute.

ConsThe people are great for the most part, but I found it difficult to grow my career there. I'm sure there are stories of people growing there, and I'm not taking away from that. It just didn't happen to me.

Fun at first, but no upward mobility

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosoffice location, fun co workers, OK benefits

ConsManagement is totally disconnected, I had 2 different managers and 2 different directors within 2 years, don't get fooled with all the "perks" (and their "awards"), healthy snacks were non existant (or very limited quantity), they promote upward mobility or lateral moves but in reality HR does not help you and try to dissuade you to apply.

Fun and exciting company with a lot of upward mobility.

ProsOutstanding work life balance, exposure to working with people passionate about the product, collaborative work environment.

ConsTraining has been a little light, other groups within technology have strong onboarding structures though.

Exciting, Collaborative, & Fast Paced Work Environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery positive work environment, filled with talented and friendly people. You have the ability to truly make a difference at Orbitz, and don't feel as though you are just a number. Work/Life balance is great and very flexible (work from home if needed). The pay and benefits are very competitive, plus travel perks!

ConsConsider adding summer hours and offering a little more vacation time to new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accessible to the general employee population. It would be nice to see senior management interact more with everyone in the Chicago office.

Orbitz Worldwide Dir. of Talent Development responded to this review

Jun 27, 2014

Great to hear that you enjoy the work environment, people, work/life balance, pay and benefits – you hit on all the elements that set us apart as a fantastic place to work. Your observation about ... More

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!