Orchestrate Healthcare
www.orchestratehealthcare.com Carbondale, CO 50 to 149 Employees

Orchestrate Healthcare Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014
Orchestrate Healthcare – Carbondale – “Orchestrate Healthcare's Colorado Office”

Charlie Cook

My experience here has been one of contribution, where positive learning, growing and changing are encouraged.

ProsWe have a hardworking President who is dedicated and committed to Orchestrate Healthcare and OHC Employees. His energy is positive, upbeat, and contagious. I admire his ability to create such an amazing business and generously share every success with employees who work along side him. Every day, I see a person who truly 'shows up' and gives 500%., work ethic 'unmatched'. Note to potential employees: if you want to work with people who care about you and have your best interest at the forefront-join us! We are looking for more folks like the ones who make this well-oiled machine run!! OHC is successful and will continue to be successful.

ConsThe challenges have been employees who don't contribute and expect to be given something for nothing. They show up late and leave early to make up for it. There is a pay for performance work ethic at Orchestrate Healthcare and some folks simply don't want to 'earn' their pay by working.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you!!! This is a great place to work! I appreciate your support and the opportunity to work with you. I too value and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
    There are people who chose to blame others and run from taking responsibility for themselves and what they have created. 'Don't sweat the small stuff'. Continue on your successful positive track.

We Are Striving To Be The Best - Every Day

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Carbondale, CO

ProsI am on the Management Team and I know first-hand that everyday we try to be the very best we can be. It is refreshing because many employers don't do this. Sometimes difficult decisions must be made and we must release under-performing employees. Those decisions are not taken lightly and are given serious thought. At the end of the day, we weed-out underperforming people because we're trying to improve each and every day.

ConsWe have made some hires that weren't the best decisions, I'll be honest. We've had to clean out those people over the past 12 months so we can improve as a company. Hind sight being 20/20, we never would have hired those folks.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving for excellent every day. I know we're on the right mission. We needed to remove underperforming employees. We're a much better company now and we will continue to improve in the years to come.

Challenging and Fun Place to Work

ProsI have been with Orchestrate Healthcare for one year. It has been a fun, challenging and interesting ride. Every day is unique. I am empowered to make decisions, resolve issues and make an impact.

I work with a group of talented and hardworking consultants who are passionate about what they do for our healthcare customers. They strive to impact the provision of health services by our customers in a positive way each and every day. Our consultants support each other when unique issues arise, and they work collaboratively to resolve those issues.

In my time here, I have seen consultants broaden their skill sets, learn new IEs, and obtain additional certifications, etc. In an industry with high turnover, Orchestrate Healthcare has been able to retain highly sought after consultants with national reputations. I believe that speaks volumes for the company.

I look forward to seeing the company grow, while remaining true to its mission and core competencies. I feel fortunate to be here.

ConsThe work here is challenging. This is not a place for those looking for the routine and repetitive. You must have an appetite for new and novel work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to who we are! Continue to invest in your team and develop their skills.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a big disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe HR staff was nice.

ConsOne thing that I thought was unethical of the management team was when they found out there were some negative reviews of their company, they asked all the present employees to come on this website and write a glowing review to off-set the bad remarks. This company is going down fast. They don't have a proper orientation process or on-boarding process. I felt like I was all alone when I worked there, like there was really no one I could reach out to if I had issues and I always felt like I was badgered for my personal life choices. It's too bad because for the most part, the employees that I did deal with are very nice people. Guess it only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole batch.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like the gold mine that they are. You would not have a company without the employees.

Steer Clear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe only pro is sandy

ConsThe cons are those in management

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people like human beings

A Great Healthcare Consulting Firm

Senior Epic Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsI joined Orchestrate Healthcare in the summer of 2012 and I have loved every day I've been here. I feel that I'm well supported by my Management and the executive team. I have taken advantage of the career development that I'm offered and I have added 2 Epic certifications to my skill set. I feel I am paid well and the benefit plan I'm offered is quite good. I can't think of one more thing I would want or need from an employer. Thank you Orchestrate Healthcare!

ConsI am a traveling consultant and I travel just about every week. Weekly travel is very tough and it's certainly not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for your support. I am very happy here.

One Of The Best Companies In Healthcare Today

Epic Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsAs an Epic consultant in this market today, I have seen all kinds of "consulting companies" pop up overnight and claim they have an Epic Consulting Practice. When you look closely at these companies, you find they are simply taking resumes from Dice or other sites and pawning them off as their own people. Not Orchestrate Healthcare. They are building a solid Epic Consulting Practice and they hire people as FTE's as they want people who they consider to be "cream of the crop". They are completely professional, above board and very generous with the comp plan & benefits. The executive team is like a who's who with extensive healthcare-specific experience. For example, the VP of Sales has been selling HIT solutions for 31+ years. The COO used to run a 1200+ person world-wide consulting team for a major EMR vendor. You take that level of skill and expertise and combine it with the integrity I've seen demonstrated - you've really got a winning combination in Orchestrate Healthcare

ConsTravel is always a challenge as a consultant. I live in Chicago so I have 2 major airports to fly out of - but it's tough to be away from my family.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the kinds of people I've seen come to Orchestrate Healthcare over the past 2 1/2 years that I've been here. I love being a part of what you guys call our "all-star team" .

Great Company, Great People & Great Opportunity

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Carbondale, CO

ProsAs a Sales Executive with Orchestrate Healthcare, I feel I have incredible opportunity to grow my career and do well financially. The Senior Management here supports me 100% and I have a comp plan with unlimited upside - so the more I work (sell) the more I make. There are not many places where you have unlimited upside earnings potential, but this is one. I've seen it personally. The addition in 2013 of a world-class COO & VP of Sales has helped me tremendously. These 2 guys are an incredible addition to my support structure. The direction we are headed in is really exciting. I feel I have an unmatched opportunity here.

ConsI work out of the home office in Carbondale, and as a single guy, it's a little tough because there are not many single professional women in Carbondale. I'm not big on dating divorced women with kids - so the pickins are a little slim here. I just wish there were more single women in the Aspen valley - it's all guys here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for giving me such a great comp plan & an incredible support team with Richard, Jerry & Steve! Keep doing what you're doing!

Truly excellent company with huge growth potential for its employees

Senior Epic Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsOrchestrate has been a great place to work for the last few years. When I started I had interviewed at a lot of places and could afford to be picky. I was lured by the no-nonsense approach to compensation, the complete honesty of the president, Charlie Cook, and the opportunity to really expand my expertise with their full support. Charlie is one of the most generous people I've ever worked with when it comes to rewarding good and hard work. I really do feel appreciated.

ConsI have had a few issues with management but that is to be expected anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think more could be done to bring the company together as a team a bit more, especially as the company grows. Make sure as you do grow that you continue to treat your consultants as the prime assets of the company. Managers are administration. The consultants are the revenue.

Senior Consultant

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsI've worked a number of years in the consulting world and found Orchestrate Healthcare to be one of the best one's I've delt with. Their policies are gear toward the employees much more that some of the bigger consulting firms. They provide additional training to increase your knowledge. I'm from integration and have always been interested in EPIC. This company has offered to send me for EPIC certification as well as certification in a number of the integration engines that are out there. I see myself working for this company for a long time. Very happy. They know your appreciated here.

ConsI have none at this time.

Worked for Orchestrate Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Orchestrate Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Orchestrate Healthcare CEO Charlie Cook. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Orchestrate Healthcare employees.