Oreck

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Doug Cahill

Fun people and a good American made quality product.

Territory Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe dealer network had a lot of nice people who were good to work with. The product was quality and the engineering department did their best to keep the pipeline of new products fresh.

ConsNot a lot of advancement opportunities. Pay wage increases were almost non existent and very seldom granted. In my time I received 1 cost of living increase and no merit increases even though my reviews were glowing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry listening to the staff who is out in the field hearing about the issues the dealers face everyday.

You could do worse than work here.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDecent hours, good commissions. Remember, it is still retail. Good place to start a career in sales and hone your skills while not working crazy retail hours.

ConsLousy wage. If the customers aren't coming in, you're working for minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the local management and staff. Don't get filtered information.

Great Purpose and Value Statements

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostraining, benefits, atmosphere. great product.

ConsLack of cofidence in senior management. Now that new team is in place only can go up.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course, remember the folks on the frontline they are fondation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great products, good company to work for.

District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe products are the best in class!

ConsWe went thru bankruptcy at the time, so that was a challenge.

Best company I ever worked for.

Inbound Sales (Former Employee) Cookeville, TN

ProsExcellent pay,excellent people, and the company was truly interested in keeping there employees involved in everything. Opportunity for advancement and a promote from within environment.

ConsNew CEO trying to take company in a new direction away from its roots which didn't work. Senior management and leadership is what drove the company to declining sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to what you know and grow your core market.

Management at Oreck for 10 years

Store Manager (Former Employee) Greensburg, PA

ProsGreat product, easy to sell. Hours were great!

ConsMultiple company restructurings after a corporate buyout sent the company in a downward spiral

Hopefully TTI can save the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsStrong brand recognition and commitment by franchisees. Lots of potential to expand upon the brand with the right leadership and employees.

ConsBenefits are poor - insurance was sky high and retirement was essentially non existant. Turnover was rampant - there were few employees at corporate with more than five years with the company. Little opportunity for advancement. Culture was essentially one of fear - so many layoffs and reorgs did little to help people feel comfortable or perform at their peak. Leadership was scatterbrained and stacked the company with friends from their former companies that had little experience running a small company or reinvigorating a brand. One employee was even fired for compaining to HR about being physically assaulted by management. A total trainwreck.

Advice to Senior ManagementI sincerely hope TTI can make a success of the brand. Many solid employees that have been disenfranchised by the disastrous leadership can still contribute to the brand.

Good place to gain experience. Great product

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome product some made right here in USA
    Great hours
    Good team
    Great loyal customers
    Great sales environment, great place to learn how to sell

ConsSlow pace most days
    Low pay
    Leadership is inconsistent

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team, you have a team of highly motivated, smart individuals who believe in the brand. When someone says "hey my leader is doing ... And it isn't right" do something. Inaction breeds mistrust and does nothing to help move the business forward.

Changes ahead for the better!

Pros* Better leadership
    * People care
    * We have GREAT products!

Cons* Kept in the dark on things that should be shared earlier and seamlessly

Advice to Senior Management* Continue communication on things ahead

Dishonesty is valued!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEmployees receive recognition for a job well done. It is a good job if you enjoy interacting with customers and fulfilling the customer's needs. Sales associates have the potential to make as much money as the management (Pro if you are an associate).

ConsSales associates have the potential to make as much money as the management (Con if you are Mgmt).The more dishonest you are, the further you go here. Oreck prides themselves on their "Open Door Policy", but do not exercise your right to use it or you will be placing a target on your back.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a harder look at your most valued employees.

Worked for Oreck? Contribute to the Community!