Oregano's

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fun environment, inconsistent pay

Server (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsRelaxed and playful environment, co-workers are trained to always help each other out and be very welcoming to guests. It has a friendly and positive atmosphere

ConsPay is inconsistent, over staffing of servers, bad sections, difficult to turn tables when food takes so long

Not my favorite

Server (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThey value customer service above all else so you are sure to learn a lot about delivering outstanding customer service.

ConsVery hierarchical culture (managers treat the rest of the employees like they're useless)
    Expected to know an insane amount about the restaurant (every single ingredient in every single dish, regardless of position)
    No job security

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and they'll be more productive!

Great Service for Guests, Horrible Managers

Server/Cashier (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

Pros-Decent Pay/Tips
    -Great Co-workers
    -Awesome Service/Food
    -Attainable Relocation around the valley

Cons-Managers treat you horribly. Most of the time they are moody, rude and take it out on their employees
    -They say they have an open door policy, but depending on the day, the manager can fire you if they consider it 'being a bad sport' or 'complaining'
    -If your a student, it is hard to work around your schedule
    -Not a lot of room for advancement
    -Little to none employee discount on food

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Where they don't want you to be yourself

Server (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsSometimes good money, co workers were a lot of fun! Never a full moment in the restaurant biz. The company loved to promote from within.

ConsManagement was hit or miss, company allowed customers to walk all over them

Advice to Senior ManagementThe customer is not ALWAYS right

Great atmosphere, busy and popular restaurant that will make you money.

Server (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat flexibility, good pay if you work for it,

ConsPay can also be inconsistent at certain times of day/week/year.

Oregano's is a fast paced, lively environment that gives employees a challenging but rewarding jb

Server (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsThere is ample opportunity to make money as Oreganos is constantly busy and the family atmosphere means that bills are driven up

ConsOregano's can be a stressful environment for servers as you are forced to take care of a large number of tables in a very busy restaurant

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice to employees

Not bad but not great

Server (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsCo-workers are cool for the most part, great menu, potential for great pay

ConsDon't compromise with school schedules, younger managers leave open for favoritism, no breaks during shifts so you're up and moving for hours at a time, have to run food for everyone sometimes before your own which can be frustrating for your tables

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more flexible with school schedules

O.k. so far

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendale, AZ

ProsGood tips.cool people.good food.alwaus busy.

ConsManagers have their favorites who kiss butt and do whatever they want.they do not follow the rules and receive no consequences for it.also a lot of bossy wannabe managers there.long shifts and too many servers on the floor. If you work a double you do not get a break.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of your favorotes are only nice to you.most workers find them unbearable ro work with.

Loved working for this company!

Server (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsAlways loved coming to work and seeing all my second family. Everyone that works there is a family and the customers can see that we love our jobs which helps us make more money.Always busy, promote from within, great training program, loved everyone I worked with.

ConsSome typical restaurant drama but overall alot of managers favorite certain people which is fine but when its super obvious it becomes annoying. When managers try and pass down messages from corporate it seems like a competition and employees make it a competition which sometimes makes work not as fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the flukes and dont spend so much time training the impossible. Alot of new trainees would go through training and still be horrible with the guest. I would just not spend so much time on the worthless people.

Long training

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPositive attitude
    Family feel
    Team oriented
    Great service to customers

Constoo many severs/ not enough tables at night
    training is way to long
    doesn't work well with time off requests

Advice to Senior Managementshorten the training time, it is just way to long.

Worked for Oregano's? Contribute to the Community!