Oreillys

CEO

Team member focused

Current Employee - RSS
    Current Employee - RSS

I have been working at Oreillys part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They train you thru cpu training and are focused on developing your talent's, laid back but get the job done, extremely focused on customer service.

Cons

Some stores have a lack of automotive knowledge witch obviously hurts.

Focus on stores with less automotive knowledge to hire and close the percentage gap of employees who know cars and those that don't. Focus on training those willing to learn.

Good Job , no pay

Current Employee - Parts Driver in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Parts Driver in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Oreillys part-time

Pros

Entry level, positions are easy to get.

Cons

No growth and management provides to room to grow.

Higher people with experience and pay them. Its a revolving door.

Order select

Former Employee - Picker in Forest Park, GA
    Former Employee - Picker in Forest Park, GA

I worked at Oreillys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Job stability, lunch ins, very good co-workers, always open department openings. good benefits 4o1k, stock buying

Cons

poor poor poor poor managment, rules are made as they go, no work life balance over time is given but may be taken away and sent home early if they choose to send you

Very dissapointing company to work for.

I have been working at Oreillys

Pros

Benefits and discount. I get to help people with there car problems.

Cons

Pay . Very low pay. Only one raise in the past 5 years and I am the top sales person in my store. I am also ase certified. High turnover in stores.

Raises are very important. They keep employees motivated. There is more to my job than just related sales. This i a poor choice to determin raises. I have been with the company for the past 10 years and will be leaving soon because of this. I am 30% of the stores yearly sales.

New Hire

I have been working at Oreillys part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Parts discounts. Fun co-workers. "part-time". interesting customers.

This job can be fun and its not the first time I've worked in automotive retail. I was offered many hours and a very quick opportunity for advancement.

Cons

"part-time" can sometimes mean 35 hours a week. Little pay even for experienced people. Taking on the responsibility of keyholder gives you an almost laughable pay raise with a bunch more responsibilities. My store has had a few staffing issues culminate in the middle of me starting and getting hired (due to unfit employees) which has resulted in some pretty bad scheduling issues.

Actually fire employees that need to be fired instead of bouncing them to different stores. Pay people who, stay there and show initiative, properly. I could find another job doing menial tasks for a few dollars more an hour but I actually enjoy cars and the job isn't terrible. If this job paid competitive wages it would attract a much better entry level salesman.

An okay place to work at

Former Employee - Parts Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Parts Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Oreillys part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not very hard labor intensive
    Pretty good benefits available after working there for a while
    You get to learn a lot about auto parts if you're interested in the automotive industry working at O'Reilly is pretty helpful!
    Somewhat laid back

Cons

The pay is bad
    Have to deal with annoying customers sometimes!
    You will not get that many hours for the first 3 months (30 or less)
    (this could either be good or bad it depends on the individual and the way you perceive it! : its competitive pay "commission" sure that can be good but what was going on in the store I worked at is the guys there would be what I call a "tryhard" and constantly try to get the customer but whenever they see someone come in with a receipt and a part they would walk away from them or act busy! Since whatever they return is against your compensation! And we would be taught to sell the more expensive part even though there wasn't a big difference between both. I didn't like that because I felt bad tricking people into buying something they really didn't need

Great place to work if you don't care about money

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Oreillys full-time

Pros

The best training in the automotive parts world. You learn allot from customer service to parts to leadership all for free.

Cons

They don't pay you according to your skill set they they rely on you to step out and make commission to up you hourly rate and don't offer raises sometimes you cant sell if nobody is coming thru the door and you rely on marketing to get them there. To top that the commission is not even a real commission, you don't get what you sell you get a store average

Pay team members what there worth and stop shoving the Oreilly commission chart in their face at every evaluation the commission is not a true commission anyway. But thanks for the training your giving your competitors really good employees

Sales

I have been working at Oreillys

Pros

Commission, sales contest, opportunities and people

Cons

Nothing to mention besides the hours and locations

Long time employee over 12+ years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Oreillys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Parts discount, does have insurance, 401 etc for Full time employees

Cons

Upper mgmt does not have a clue on how to run a store anymore.
    Have to be a white male to get above manager position. Works on buddy system and not performance wise. Maybe just this general area.

Make it a must that every one above a store manager must work a full week in a retail store, Not just 8-5 either, work the night and a weekend. This way you can see first hand on what the team members go through to make YOU money.

oreilly auto

I have been working at Oreillys

Pros

the employee discount is nice for cheap parts

Cons

Absolutely no opportunity for advancement