Organic

www.organic.com

Organic Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jun 23, 2014
Organic – New York – “Organic NY Office”

Organic CEO David Schulman

David Schulman

Pros
  • Fun people, collaborative environment, Great Location, Good work/life balance(in 9 reviews)

• The 'fringe' bits like Beer Bash on Fridays are great(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There's no clear, across-the-board vision of what the company should do at the crossroads of "digital vs(in 3 reviews)

• You can count on at least 6 months to go by (and probably more like a year) before upper management will approve the req to re-fill that position(in 3 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great clients, fun people to work with

Art Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Awesome people
    - Fun environent

Cons- Lower than average pay scale
    - Corporate leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the creative be the lead, not dollars.

Spiral

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people and the remnants of the first dot com perks are nice. Only thing missing is foosball. Also, the location can't be beat.

ConsAlways talking about new work and projects that would reinvigorate the company, but the reality is that their business model doesn't work anymore. Too small to be cost effective, too big to be nimble.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to hire some new management! Current management team don't actually know how the sausage gets made, so they are ineffective in managing projects. The era of working employees into the ground is over. Clients are bringing all this work in house and snap up anyone who is effective and tired of Organic.

Amazing because of all that was happening in the Internet Industry. Once in a lifetime experience.

General Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people are the some of the best and brightest out there.

ConsBuilt up too quickly but understand the company is still in business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not work here

Senior Strategist (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood client roster
    Great office location (in SF)

ConsNegative Culture
    Not welcoming to newcomers
    Not the most interesting projects
    Very old-school environment in a supposed "new" digital world

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more consideration of your employees and actually take responsibility for the business

Failing Ad agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosbagel Wednesday and beer bash

Consdeclining quality of clients. went from being an agency "for lifestyle brands" to an agency that would take any work they could get.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your creative department with the respect they deserve. Set higher standards for hiring. Promote more women instead of only men into CD roles. Pay better!

Fun Organization - Great Place to Start

Senior Contributor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFun people, collaborative environment, Great Location, Good work/life balance

ConsCheap executives - team lunches are never comped. Limited career advancement. Had layoffs multiple times during my tenure.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrate the departments more

Fun Work Environment

Senior Contributor Marketing (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood/talented people, great creative work, Beer Bash Fridays, good work life balance, senior management makes an effort to mingle with everyone on more than just a hi bye level

ConsThe higher up you are, the more political it becomes. From what I heard (from my director, etc), it was really difficult to deal with

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out how to scale

Lots of talk, but no action to back it up

Senior Contributor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people, the work product

ConsManagement - it must have been great at one point, but the last two years has been a downward slide.

Advice to Senior ManagementToss out operations and bring in a better system.

Great People, high turn over

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosthe people are really great, beer bash Fridays, fun creative environment, great benefits

Consno opportunities to advance, most of the time they hire from outside rather than promote, they want to do a lot of cool activities but they don't provide the budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote employee verse looking for outside candidates. There are some dedicated workers that would surprise you if given the chance.

Great Place to Work

Media (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people
    Creative work
    Great work/life balance

ConsSome uncertainty in work stream

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about leveraging one's ability to learn rather than specific skills

Worked for Organic? Contribute to the Community!