Origins Natural Resources

Lynne Greene

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Origins Natural Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Grreat company and leadership. Good benefits and people, excellent training for employees, standard time off for managers

Cons

As with any job the politics are not the best but better than most and they do follow thier open door policy.

Watch your Sales and Education Executives closer, they don't follow through and hide behind blaming the hard workiners in the store.

Working for Origins Natural Resources is great if you like product.

Former Employee - Guide  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Guide in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Origins Natural Resources part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good product. Nicely built space.

Cons

Typical retail hourly salary. If you need to make enough to live on, a part time job just is not going to cut it.

A company that tips the support versus pay scale drastically to support.

I have been working at Origins Natural Resources

Pros

Great leaders, gratis, and training.

Cons

Limited growth, it may take you several years to accomplish your career goals here. Keep in mid however that once you're on "the radar" the executive works feverishly to groom you for your next move.

Take more time to learn from the salespeople.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

rigid sales techniques, unresponsive management

Current Employee - Sales Guide
    Current Employee - Sales Guide

I have been working at Origins Natural Resources part-time

Pros

decent bonus for part-timers if the store meets monthly goals, gratis system for free products. Generous discount for company products.

Cons

monthly goals dependent solely on last year's revenue, management was mostly unresponsive and manipulative, management would change their own goals to put more sales weight on the employees. These issues were brought up to the district manager multiple times and short phone calls/meetings were requested and subsequently ignored. Bonus dependent on store success, not individual. The company conducts personality tests prior to employment (good), uses those metrics as reasons against promotion, but does not utilize the results to create higher quality performance in the workplace.

Use those expensive personality tests for a purpose. Stop using your sales technique as a hard script. When a store has high turnover and employees continue to request meetings with the DM about questionable leadership, at least acknowledge them or give them a few minutes to explain. Allow employees to submit their reason for quitting without being watched by their managers. Corporate culture is stifling, extremely hierarchical, and not a good environment for those who want development and relatable training.

Initially a very positive experience, but disappointing after upper management changes

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager

I worked at Origins Natural Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Senior executive management is of great quality, as are the products. Client interactions are satisfying because you have the opportunity to make sales while truly helping people address problems that affect how they feel about themselves. Always new material to learn and new products to try.

Cons

Shifts in upper field management coincided with decline in retail sales and contributed to a stressful culture and an unfortunate disconnect between how field managers know to run the business and what upper management believes to be effective. The constant shifting of blame to the store level for poor performance and an apparent refusal to recognize obvious issues or to attempt creative solutions disappointed me and my peers, as did the culture of hiring externally for executive positions rather than considering qualified internal candidates.

Senior executive management in the home office should pay extremely close attention to the feedback coming out of retail stores and should encourage feedback to be given. I would also suggest that the company not be as keen to hire externally when it has the opportunity to grow viable internal candidates who already understand the business and the client base.

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Natick, MA

I have been working at Origins Natural Resources part-time for less than a year

Pros

The job is fun and simple and the brand sells very nice products, making them easy to sell to all customers.

Cons

Some days can be very slow, with only a few customers coming in. There are a lot of product descriptions to memorize.

Best job ever...

Current Employee - Keyholder  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Keyholder in Houston, TX

I have been working at Origins Natural Resources part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some pros were the culture of the company, the environment with co-workers and clients felt like family. I enjoyed meeting new people. There were several resources available to gain product knowledge and career development.

Cons

I did not like cold calling clients I did no know, however mini facials made it easier to entice people into the store. And it sometimes help sales

Overall fulfilling yet frustrating.

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Origins Natural Resources full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits
    previously excellent training
    Amazing products and mission

Cons

Horrible pay
    Education was cut
    Unnecessary competition with online store
    Some decisions in corporate do not make sense

Listen to you sales guides they have great insight to the company and deserve better education to represent the brand wholey

Operations Manager

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Origins Natural Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From the beginning I thought it was a fantastic job and company. We were located in NYC so my store received a lot of visits from corporate. Overall I was very satisfied with how I was trained, the store location and quality of employees that were hired. I asked for a raise and received it no problem so it troubles me to see so many people complaining about pay rate in these reviews. You can't expect to get what you don't ask for. Annual raises for retail are never significant.

My DM and RM were the best people! Truly acknowledged my talents and let me expand outside of the store. I can't express how lovely they were. Generally, there is great deal of fear and stress involved when you know you're getting a visit, but it was never that case at this company.

The discounts were pretty great for all estee lauder companies as were the corporate memberships to museums were definitely worthwhile.

I also loved the time they spent in training employees on new products.

The attempts at being earth conscious was nice with their recycling program and tree planting.

Cons

Nothing major. I wish there had been more opportunities for advancement into corporate, but I also should have voiced it and made my own efforts in finding internships or positions within corporate as there was no where else for me to move to besides SM level.

My particular position became rather routine for me and easy, which is where my DM and RM saw opportunity for me to grow in training management. I would have appreciated more guidance on where to go from there and more offers of challenges to keep me growing within the company.

I would have appreciated more information about the recycling program and bigger efforts in changing the plastic and paper packaging if it is such a concern for the company to be earth friendly.

Ultimately I left due to personal differences between myself and the SM. I did not leave because of the company itself.

Great job to have if your in college

Former Employee - Sales  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Origins Natural Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Gratis
    - Generous employee discount

Cons

- Store management lacks professionalism
    - No educational training
    - You don't make your numbers for 2 consecutive months, they hand you your walking papers
    - Impossible to actually take vacation time

Train managers to handle employees in a professional manner, hire educated managers, train your employees properly

Worked for Origins Natural Resources? Contribute to the Community!