Orion Health Reviews

Reset
2.9
Orion Health CEO Ian McCrae
Ian McCrae

Pros
  • Some of the people that I worked with who truly wanted to make a difference (in 6 reviews)

• Complete freedom to work from home whenever I need (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Promotion is not based on merit but based on cronyism with the owners in New Zealand who really decide on things (in 7 reviews)

• Middle management can be somewhat out of touch with both workers and senior management at the same time (in 5 reviews)

1. Challenging, Rewarding and Fun!

Current Contractor - Consultant in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Orion Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest Pro for me while at Orion has been my enjoyment in the task. I have been working on very difficult projects while at Orion Health but I can say that I have had enjoyment in all my tasks. This enjoyment comes from the positive outlook I received from internal colleagues and a clear understanding of Orion Health's vision. I have received insights into Orion's vision by an approachable and consultative Executive Leadership team. No where else in my career have I been able to have such a clear understanding on how my day to day work is affecting positively the growth of an organization in line with Executive Leadership's vision. I have also enjoyed working within Orion Health Global environment. Executive leadership is willing to bridge the gap of geography to create personal relationships which has been very motivational for me.

Cons

Being a Global company in the dynamic changing health-care industry please consider that you will need to roll your selves up to be successful at Orion Health. Many positions demand employees to wear multiple hats. I have found this rewarding as I get exposure to different departments.

Advice to Management

Please come up with a business reason to fly me to New Zealand .... I would love to see the Head Quarters!

They are overwhelmed and scrambling...

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Orion Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are is such dis array that there is no real accountability. it is hard to be fingered for a major lapse, so you will not likely be let go for cause.

Cons

If you are really good, you are not recognized for it because they have no systems to identify who is performing and who is not.

Advice to Management

Make up you mind!!! You guys keep going out and getting contracts for things because the "customer wanted it". It might be nice to actually have some products that you can sell based on the actual product performance? Get out of the vaporware business!

Like Family

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Orion Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, opportunities for growth and to marry creative with intellectual. Challenges abound for those willing to take the bull by the horns

Cons

Growing pains of a company expanding very quickly. Trying to keep the quality found within a close-knit group of smart people and replicate that with rapid growth creates communication hurdles that cause trickle down effects. But with all issues you can either complain about it or do something to try and fix it. (See Pro about challenges!)

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff.... sometimes the 'in the trenches' feedback should be paramount in deciding how to approach issues.

Has poor leadership, and is simply overwhelmed with all the contracts they have won.

Former Employee - Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Orion Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (100% paid health care premiums).

Cons

Top leadership has constant turnover, and it is a sales driven leadership. All they care about is revenues, and do not care much for their employees. This is a New Zealand company that is focused on promoting New Zealanders and New Zealand culture.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that you have, and invest in systems and tools that are actual enterprise level tools rather than using tools like Woki and SugarCRM. This company has no forward thinking management, and has cowboy executives.

Great Company But too Busy and Understaffed

Current Employee - Team Lead Applications Support Specialist in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Orion Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Product to Use and Great Company

Cons

Not enough employees - lot and lots of hours - no overtime pay

People don't like to do hard work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

See another world's culture at work.

Cons

There is no quality control in this place of work and everyone expects a hack to fix problems. People who realize this avoid this kind of work like the plague and shove it onto someone else who doesn't know that poorly built products are being released regularly. One of the most political workplaces with backstabbing everywhere. Does not pay a salary/benefits representative of the market.

Advice to Management

Hire some technical people who know what they are doing and control the workplace deviance. Reward those who are efficient and competent. Take them out of the grind of working with other employess who are jealous of their abilities.

Low ball pay

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Casual work environment and the view of the office from office. Nice co-workers and you do not have to wear buisness clothes.

Cons

very bad Pay package and lots of politics. the career growth is also very restricted.

Advice to Management

pay ur employees please

RSS Feed </> Embed