Orion Risk Management Insurance Services

• Any Status
3.5
CEO

1. True Leadership

I have been working at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO of ORION is not only accessible, he truly wants us to thrive and become our best selves within the industry. His creative genius infects us all with ways to solve problems, improve business relationships and grow exponentially as insurance professionals.
    The company is small enough to feel like an extended family, large enough to instill job security.
    Due to the trickle-down effect, everyone is happy at work and supportive of one another.

Cons

We have outgrown our space. Thankfully, more is coming!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Disappointing

I worked at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

industry parties were the only good thing

Cons

everything else.....stuck up people, lack of career orientation and goal setting, lack of feedback...

Advice to Management

Better communication. I felt completely used in that company.

Orion Risk Management Insurance Services Response

Jan 3, 2014President

It's unfortunate when an employee doesn't work out in a position and we part ways, but we believe that our record speaks for itself. Orion can be a haven for sharp, career-oriented professionals ... More

3. Been with Orion for more than five years, and find the people to be friendly and the work environment professional.

I have been working at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services

Pros

High-performing employees are treated very well, and my good work is both appreciated and recognized.

Cons

Poor performers or malcontents usually do not stay very long. Work is challenging, but fairly shared among my co-workers. If you're not a team player, this is probably not a good place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize outstanding performance.

If you are considering it, don't.

I worked at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services

Pros

The work/life balance is acceptable.

Cons

The worst place you could find yourself. Management is manic and indecisive.

Advice to Management

Management decision making process is completely bipolar. Decisions are made and unmade with no apparent regard for logic. Problems are likely more due to individuals in management rather than company as whole.

Orion Risk Management Insurance Services Response

Jan 3, 2014President

We're puzzled by these comments, but can understand that one might be angry and hurt if their employment terminates. We strive to maintain competitive compensation and benefits (which we must assume ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed