Orsini Healthcare Reviews

Tony Orsini

1. Huge growth

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Patient focused, and wonderful mission statement.

Cons

communication is sometimes not always brought down from the leadership level to the teams.

2. PCC

Current Employee - Technician in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pcc's really care about their patients, Patient oriented, good location, great working with manufactures, learning new tasks on your own.

Cons

HR is inexperienced and rude. They are more concerned with a 30 min yoga class in the middle of the company versus real HR concerns. Management is lacking leadership qualities, does not properly communicate information, if your "favored" they will bend over backwards for you. If you are a friend of management you get promoted quickly. The owner of the company says he cares and has a open door policy but refuses to meet, or follow up. They put majority of employees through temp agencies with no benefits.

Advice to Management

Show respect, really care for the employees, and Listen. Need a proper training schedule for new employees.

3. Don't join unless you're desperate.

I worked at Orsini Healthcare

Pros

The paychecks didn't bounce, and there was toilet paper in the bathrooms most of the time.

Cons

Upper management prides themselves on being bullies and lying to their employees. That's what they think being a "boss" is. There is no compassion there, despite the lip service given by the owner. Turnover is high. Very few people stay for three years or more. I have seen reviews that say the company cares about the patients they serve. I didn't see that during my time there.

Bad business practices, incompetent HR, deplorable workspace conditions, below average pay.

Advice to Management

Advice to people who are in their own universe is a waste of breath.

Nepotism kills a company

I worked at Orsini Healthcare

Pros

There was always a challenge during the time I worked there. The staff, were great to work with, the executives are hypocrites.

Cons

The company was a challenge as a whole. Small fish in a big pond, wanting to be a shark in the industry. The owner and CEO tries to be involved in the staff's well being but that proves to be two faced ploy. He is a born again Christian that wants the world to believe in his company, charity before self. BS, his heart is still at the fore front of greed, he wants a Christian based company, while his entire executive staff are hypocrites, talking out of either side of their mouths. Nepotism and favoritism in his company will be his undoing. He has family members in positions of supervisory or management, when they are not qualified to pump gas. He cannot buy his way into the Kingdom of God, and that is the perception by most that work for him, that he is charitable is so he can look good. Matthew 6:2 states: "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."

Advice to Management

There is no advancement unless you are family, dating family or an executive favorite.

IMPOSTOR

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Orsini Healthcare

Pros

The financial support to the community.

Cons

The fake religion that is so desperately impressed upon the staff. This owner needs to get a grip on his demons. No matter what he gives to charity its not going to be a ticket into HEAVEN. No matter how he tries to minister to the staff ... HE is not a MINISTER!!!! why don't you leave that to the professionals and stick to business.
    YIKES

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make this place RELIGIOUS!!!!!! its NOT and neither are you Mr. Orsini. The President and his Senior Management are very poor leaders to what could have been a great company!

Nightmare

Former Employee - Administrative in Elk Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

One of the few pros to working at Orsini is the people. They make it bearable when handling the day to day responsibilities. The day to day functions and tasks are all manual. It makes for a great way to grasp working in Microsoft and learning everything first hand.

Cons

Where to start... For a healthcare company, they need better systems that accurately capture and process claims. However, they refuse to spend the funds on systems that will actually benefit the company in the long run. Every department picks and chooses the policies they want to uphold and enforce. Orsini is always quick to send out new policies but will never enforce them across the board; will exclude the people who are on the "favorites" list with upper manager. Favoritism is in every work place but it is extremely prevalent here and ends up effecting the overall cultural of the company. Certain departments like to use the "it's not my job card." This doesn't work as it's only a company of 150 employees.

Advice to Management

If you want to hold a certain cultural you must actively reevaluate the people in upper management. Otherwise, reevaluate the culture you want to uphold. This way new hires aren't disappointed and know what to expect when they come on board. Get rid of the people who are not doing the job they were hired to do. If "it's not my job" is in their vocabulary, they shouldn't be hired.

8. Not Recommended

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time

Pros

Company with heart, majority of employees are passionate about and committed to improving patient care and outcomes

Cons

Unhealthy company culture due to current executive management. The current senior leadership is unfit to lead this company to the next level. A culture of zero accountability, favoritism and pettiness is rampant.

Advice to Management

Reevalute the current executive team and exit some of these people in key positions who are holding the company back.

9. Great place for transition until a better career comes along

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time

Pros

Hours - the department I am in has a morning shift that is 6:00 am until 2:30

Cons

Not much room for advancement

Seems sexist with employee advancement

Advice to Management

Don't renege on a handshake deal.

10. Big Fish in a Small Pond

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Ability to move up/gain responsibility if desired.
    I've worked at the company for more than 3 years and in my continued experience, if I worked hard or wanted more responsibility it was given and noticed with praise.

-I think the Leadership Team overall is constantly searching for individuals to highlight and mold if they express a desire to grow. I have seen new employees elevated to lead positions due to character qualities they possessed regardless of background or education.

-The CEO/founder is deeply concerned with the quality of life of his employees. He spends his own money to provide resources that address topics concerning marriage battles, parenting struggles, work dynamics, faith questions, and many more. There is a hardship fund available to all the employees should they fall on hard times. A church message is offered monthly to anyone interested.

All can agree that the charity work done for Nicaragua and other local community charities is a plus. The CEO has sent hordes of people out of the country just so they can share in the experience regardless of how passionate they are or not. I have never heard of such an opportunity in other companies.

-The Staff are committed to Growth. I think this is a key factor. Many companies only care about financial growth and your opinion is not needed. The Staff in this company are genuinely interested in improvement and your opinion, regardless of position, is valued.

Cons

-incompetent supervisors: I have seen good people leave or be fired due to supervisor manipulation
    it is a blessing and a curse how much the supervisors are trusted. Sometimes there is not enough over-site of the supervisors and the department is on fire for too long.

-a few employees have taken the company for granted and rather than understanding the compassionate/generous heart of the CEO and Directors, they bash him and say it is "all for his ego" when he'd willingly cut his arm off to feed their kids. the gossip is divisive but worse than that, its pathetic. ripping on a Christian who has exposed nearly every aspect of his life and family to the company is just too easy. Anyone can do it, and it's not impressive or insightful in any way.

-this company reveals both the height of generosity and the height of greed of the human nature. the company aims to lavish its employees whenever possible, but I have seen people with my own eyes scheme to steal drugs and millions of dollars right under the CEOs nose. I think the generous nature that stems from the vision of the company exposes the greed and general dissatisfaction of ungrateful/prideful hearts.

-individuals can often end up wearing too many hats, which was listed as a pro in ability to move up, but it can also lead to power struggles between peers, confusion in authority vs job title, and taking on undesired tasks.

Advice to Management

The Best Leaders are the First Servants. You are to steward employees by serving, not by forcing. Go First. Apologize first, Stay late first, work overtime first, say thank you first. Lead out of serving and demonstrating.

11. Great place to work!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Friendly people. Lots of talent in senior management. Consistent year over year revenue gains. Most importantly we truly make a difference in patients lives.

Cons

Every business has room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to gel as a team. Continue to keep "the patient" at the center of your focus. Everything else will fall into place.

Orsini Healthcare Photos