www.orsinihealthcare.com

Tony Orsini

Huge growth

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Patient focused, and wonderful mission statement.

Cons

communication is sometimes not always brought down from the leadership level to the teams.

Nightmare

Former Employee - Administrative in Elk Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

One of the few pros to working at Orsini is the people. They make it bearable when handling the day to day responsibilities. The day to day functions and tasks are all manual. It makes for a great way to grasp working in Microsoft and learning everything first hand.

Cons

Where to start... For a healthcare company, they need better systems that accurately capture and process claims. However, they refuse to spend the funds on systems that will actually benefit the company in the long run. Every department picks and chooses the policies they want to uphold and enforce. Orsini is always quick to send out new policies but will never enforce them across the board; will exclude the people who are on the "favorites" list with upper manager. Favoritism is in every work place but it is extremely prevalent here and ends up effecting the overall cultural of the company. Certain departments like to use the "it's not my job card." This doesn't work as it's only a company of 150 employees.

If you want to hold a certain cultural you must actively reevaluate the people in upper management. Otherwise, reevaluate the culture you want to uphold. This way new hires aren't disappointed and know what to expect when they come on board. Get rid of the people who are not doing the job they were hired to do. If "it's not my job" is in their vocabulary, they shouldn't be hired.

Not Recommended

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time

Pros

Company with heart, majority of employees are passionate about and committed to improving patient care and outcomes

Cons

Unhealthy company culture due to current executive management. The current senior leadership is unfit to lead this company to the next level. A culture of zero accountability, favoritism and pettiness is rampant.

Reevalute the current executive team and exit some of these people in key positions who are holding the company back.

Great place for transition until a better career comes along

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time

Pros

Hours - the department I am in has a morning shift that is 6:00 am until 2:30

Cons

Not much room for advancement

Seems sexist with employee advancement

Don't renege on a handshake deal.

Great place to work!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Friendly people. Lots of talent in senior management. Consistent year over year revenue gains. Most importantly we truly make a difference in patients lives.

Cons

Every business has room for improvement.

Continue to gel as a team. Continue to keep "the patient" at the center of your focus. Everything else will fall into place.

Big Fish in a Small Pond

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Ability to move up/gain responsibility if desired.
    I've worked at the company for more than 3 years and in my continued experience, if I worked hard or wanted more responsibility it was given and noticed with praise.

-I think the Leadership Team overall is constantly searching for individuals to highlight and mold if they express a desire to grow. I have seen new employees elevated to lead positions due to character qualities they possessed regardless of background or education.

-The CEO/founder is deeply concerned with the quality of life of his employees. He spends his own money to provide resources that address topics concerning marriage battles, parenting struggles, work dynamics, faith questions, and many more. There is a hardship fund available to all the employees should they fall on hard times. A church message is offered monthly to anyone interested.

All can agree that the charity work done for Nicaragua and other local community charities is a plus. The CEO has sent hordes of people out of the country just so they can share in the experience regardless of how passionate they are or not. I have never heard of such an opportunity in other companies.

-The Staff are committed to Growth. I think this is a key factor. Many companies only care about financial growth and your opinion is not needed. The Staff in this company are genuinely interested in improvement and your opinion, regardless of position, is valued.

Cons

-incompetent supervisors: I have seen good people leave or be fired due to supervisor manipulation
    it is a blessing and a curse how much the supervisors are trusted. Sometimes there is not enough over-site of the supervisors and the department is on fire for too long.

-a few employees have taken the company for granted and rather than understanding the compassionate/generous heart of the CEO and Directors, they bash him and say it is "all for his ego" when he'd willingly cut his arm off to feed their kids. the gossip is divisive but worse than that, its pathetic. ripping on a Christian who has exposed nearly every aspect of his life and family to the company is just too easy. Anyone can do it, and it's not impressive or insightful in any way.

-this company reveals both the height of generosity and the height of greed of the human nature. the company aims to lavish its employees whenever possible, but I have seen people with my own eyes scheme to steal drugs and millions of dollars right under the CEOs nose. I think the generous nature that stems from the vision of the company exposes the greed and general dissatisfaction of ungrateful/prideful hearts.

-individuals can often end up wearing too many hats, which was listed as a pro in ability to move up, but it can also lead to power struggles between peers, confusion in authority vs job title, and taking on undesired tasks.

The Best Leaders are the First Servants. You are to steward employees by serving, not by forcing. Go First. Apologize first, Stay late first, work overtime first, say thank you first. Lead out of serving and demonstrating.

Headed for Hell

Current Employee - Management in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only Pro is the charity work however its done for personal satisfaction and recognition for the Orsini name..... very sad.

Cons

Horrible work environment - pretending to be a Christian and Religious place.. WOW they are the opposite.
    Horrible leadership - CEO & President - Blind leading the blind and the CEO talks behind the President's back telling staff... "you dont buy into this BS he lays down do you"

The CEO and President should step down if this company is ever to be successful.
    Find someone who is truly skilled to run a company.

Lacks consistent leadership

Former Employee - Software Developer in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Orsini Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room for personal growth. Totally able to make a difference in the day to day operations of the company.

Cons

Personal growth is stunted by the constantly moving target of upper management's priorities. Hard to make a difference when constantly switching projects.

Create a project management department. Maintain consistent priorities.

Progressive work / life balance with an emphasis personal responsibility as a citizen of the world.

I have been working at Orsini Healthcare

Pros

Orsini Healthcare is a faith-based organization, the CEO, Tony Orsini is a Christian, and very open about that. In my experience, he reflects the most positive aspects, no negativity or judgement if you're not christian, he simply expects people to conduct themselves with honesty, integrity and compassion.

Tony Orsini also "puts his money (and time and family, etc.) where his mouth is", not just donating $$ to orphans in Nicaragua, but going and working with the orphans, sponsoring dozens of employees to go on quarterly trips to Nicaragua, hiring a full-time attorney to represent abused chidren in Guatemala, donating medical equipment and supplies to the needy in the USA, and that was just the past 30 days.

Cons

The 2 items that come to mind immediately are:
    1. It can be difficult to personally balance work and life at Orsini. For a lot of us there is so much cross-over. Between on-site yoga classes, charity functions, and actual business activities, you can spend a lot of time there.
    2. In addition to expanding charitable activities, the business has been growing at a phenomenal rate, many at the Director level don't seem to have the skills or experience to create the processes and efficiencies to sustain this rate of growth.

We need to be more open to change. The business is growing and that is terrific, but the only way to sustain and move forward is to embrace change. There are new ways of doing business, trust the people who have the skills, experience and education in NEW and UPDATED technolgies. Don't be afraid to bring in outside auditors to review our processes, IT, infrastructure, efficiencies, etc., if there are vast differences of opinion on the best ways to proceed. Embrace change!

You can do it however you want, as long as it is my way.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Orsini Healthcare

Pros

This company has some great ethics and morality behind it. Upper management is fairly approachable. Work day is fairly flexible.

Cons

Working sixty or more hours per week. Everything is a crisis. Priorities shift daily. The IT department does not have a handle on project management.

The vision that you have is a good one, but is being executed poorly. Treat your employees with more respect.

Orsini Healthcare Photos