Ortho Molecular Products

1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time

Pros

Pretty open company, they let us know how things are going, if good or bad with the corporation. Really good long term opportunity, there are lots of people that have been here a long time. They really push for integrity in their people. Really like my manager and I can see myself being here for a long time.

Cons

There is a lot to learn when you are a new account executive. Can be intimidating. They help you a lot though.

2. Efficacy Matters

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, management is okay.. Character Lunches, huge bonuses

Cons

Some higher ups think they're better. Promote people who don't deserve.

3. Run dont walk

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good and the employee discount on products is good, but that is the only positive.

Cons

Cult like atmosphere, don't think about sharing any thoughts if they are not the same as management. Very close minded work environment, they manage with fear.

Advice to Management

Run the business like a business, not a religious organizations.

5. Integrity and Excellence

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products

Pros

This is an employer that consistently does the right thing. Makes the hard choices and values commitment and hard work. Excellent corporate wellness program. Upper management are approachable and available -- with no hidden agendas.

Cons

Conservative culture can be perceived as unwelcoming . . . but that is not the case!

Beware x2

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL

I worked at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I agree with the other Beware poster. Pro is only that the product and passion is real. If you believe in the benefits of whole nutrition and supplements to improve your health, and can stand the culture, it's an okay place to work.

Cons

It's a micro-managed company that sets you up to fail. The overall culture is that of fear. Also because it is a private company, the CEO feels free to share his political and spiritual views freely in company newsletters and meetings, which makes some people uncomfortable. Lunch meetings begin with employees saying "grace".

Advice to Management

Find a new president who leads with positive reinforcement and actually has leadership qualities. Take the fear out of the daily work life and create incentives that can be achieved.

Ortho Molecular Products Response

Sep 29, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

I doubt any organization on Glassdoor likes to read a negative review from a former employee. While I disagree with the above review (and the other negative reviews for that matter), I understand ... More

Beware

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Ortho Molecular Products

Pros

You can learn a lot, but only because you work purely out of fear.

Cons

This company will chew you up and spit you out. The President (Aaron Bartz) is a workaholic narcissist that you will never satisfy. He is a complete control freak with absolutely no regard for your personal health, time or family. He has developed a system where his overworked "yes men" (team leaders) are so overworked and stressed that their personal lives are extremely volatile. There really is a very limited chance for upward mobility and most reps last about a year. Don't believe the other reviews on this site. It's obvious that Ortho paid to have negative reviews removed. They also have several "great" reviews from different positions over a two week period. Please trust me and do whatever it takes to avoid working here.

Advice to Management

Stop leading with fear. Start being proactive instead of reactive. Admit you lack the skill and experience to run ever facet of a company. It's called humility.

Great company with strong values and a vision for success!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Constant room for growth, selling highest quality products in the industry, clear, concise vision of the future..the benefit of helping doctors and practitioners get their patients better with your help. Ortho is also very fair in realizing there is a period of time it takes to ramp up. They aren't looking for instant results overnight and give the help,assistance and resources you need to become a good, well polished sales rep.

Cons

It's always challenging staying on top of the science behind products and staying fresh on products, but the work and time investing in product knowledge pays huge dividends.

9. Awesome Company!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers who are fun to work with! Good team atmosphere. Nice to have benefits again as my last employer did not offer them. Pay is competitive and my work hours of 10-7 are great! We are busy in customer service so the day goes by quickly. The CEO and President keep everyone in the loop as to the goings on of the company. From the good, the bad and the ugly, we are not kept in the dark.

Cons

The parking lot is too small!!

Strong Company with great values! Cares about both the personal and professional growth of employees!

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A strong workforce that is not only passionate about their jobs but also the products that are sold. The organization possesses a team driven atmosphere that cares about each individuals input. Ortho Molecular continues to give pay increases, 401k match increases and bonus payouts while many other companies have cut or limited such items. Additionally, the company strongly promotes a wellness program that supports employee’s well-being and a tuition reimbursement program that encourages continued individual growth.

Cons

Whether it’s becoming familiar with products, procedures or personnel, as with any new job there is much to learn. However, this small investment in the beginning is more than worthwhile for all the long term benefits the company has to offer.

Great company to work for... I love it here!

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ortho Molecular is a growing company in a growing industry, they care about their employees and do their best to take care of them, from keeping insurance premiums down to "sharing the wealth" each year as well as giving pay increases even when the rest of the country may not be. They have many wellness programs to encourage a healthly lifestyle. I have so much respect for our upper management team and I look forward to being a part of this wonderful company for many years to come.

Cons

The interview process can a bit long, but they are looking to hire the best candidate for the job, so I think it's understandable and well worth the time and effort if you are fortunate enough to become part of this family.

RSS Feed </> Embed