Orthofix Reviews

Challenging

Current Employee - Manager  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Orthofix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Compensations was fair and training was good for the position, there was limited growth and position were stagnate

Cons

Work life balance was in favor of work as many deadlines required long hours and and ever changing schedule,mid level management-none, director and above -many, time off policy is fair

Look at overall moral and value of non executive level and invest as much in these potion as is done for the executive group. Turnover at and below managerial level stagnates progress.

Great salary , immature and incompetent management

Former Employee - Insurance Administration  in  Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Administration in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Orthofix full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary was about the best in the metroplex

Cons

Meetings, round tables, supposedly secret surveys. nothing ever changes, unrealistic expectations of employees. Management was about the worse I've ever seen, immature. not consistent and incompetent.

Listen to your people in corporate. Take what the field has to say with a grain of salt they are salesmen they will lie, steal to make the unrealistic numbers their managers have set. Value your employees and hire educated directors and team supervisors.

Awesome

Current Employee - Clinical Data Analyst  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Data Analyst in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Orthofix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Environment and Salary range

Cons

Lack of training in some departments

Seek advice from worker bees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not Customer Focused

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Orthofix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, Salary, Associates, Surgeon Base, Education Program

Cons

Top Management was out of touch with customer needs, business demands and employees. Morale was very low, employees were not supported by upper management and customer orders were not filled in timely manner

Listen to the associates who are doing the job-top level management came and went like a revolving door causing too many changes and mis direction of customer needs.

Customer Service experience - Orthopedic Department

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Orthofix full-time for less than a year

Pros

They buy you lunch a lot. The building is attractive.

Cons

When lunch is brought in, its kind of unspoken that you don't go to lunch.

Don't hire people for a temporary position, let them work for 5 months, and then hire an outside candidate and start them as permanent on day one, without telling the temp! talk about a lousy day!

Orthofix is a world class organization focused on continuous improvement, quality, and employee satisfaction.

Current Employee - Design Assurance  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Design Assurance in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Orthofix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee focused, great quality, focused on continuous improvement, great leadership.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Keep up the great work.

Change is the only Constant

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Orthofix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid Financials with legacy bone growth stimulation lines to generate revenue for development and growth. Well rounded Spinal Implant and biologic lines that are competitive.

Cons

Revolving Door of field level management has hampered maintaining and growing surgeon and distributor focus. Field based managers are relatively inexperienced in their specialty fields. Cost cutting measures have reduced the level of interaction with customers and the distribution sales force.

Dump management, drop stim, promote your really good lower-level employees! You have a lot!

Current Employee - Sales Administration  in  Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Administration in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Orthofix

Pros

Above-average compensation (Which ends up being a double-edged sword as you feel you cannot leave to anywhere else without taking a major paycut)
    Good benefits
    Decent amount of PTO
    Cool perks (free coffee, lunches sometimes brought in)

Cons

The "honeymoon" phase is over in about 6-12 months depending on which dept you work, before that it seems like an awesome place to work, until you figure out what is really going on behind the scenes
    Absolutely atrocious management in most divisions with the exception of Spinal Implants and the Finance & IT depts. (I will say if you get into one of the depts you'll probably be great)
    Lack of solid leadership from top-down. (with the exception of a few presidents who from what I've heard are now GONE anyway)
    Game-playing and politics are a constant poison to the environment, and most of it is instituted by upper management with the lower-level employees taking the brunt of the consequence. And I am talking serious game-playing, including sabotage in the form of gossip amongst middle-management. Trust NO ONE with any piece of information.
    Favoritism is extremely tangible at this company.
    Lack of recognition for employees who consistently perform hard.
    Cannot get promoted unless you play the 'game' and even then you have to be careful because if you are too good you may be seen as a threat, so you won't go anywhere either!
    All of this sounds very over-dramatized, but I assure you, I am trying to sound as objective as possible as I was not technically 'burned' by anyone. I left on my own accord as I possessed stellar reviews and was repeatedly told there was options for advancement, however I would then get passed over by other individuals without even the opportunity for an interview. (meaning job was not posted at all for anyone to apply)

Re-evaluate most or all members of management against the employees opinions. Generally the members of middle-management are able to tell their side of any story and 'sell' themselves so they shine, while their subordinates remain voiceless, even if the employee's record indicates supreme performance, you will still have to fight against that black mark that was made that you didn't even get to defend yourself of (or possibly even know about and you wonder why you work so hard and can't get anywhere).
    Also, FORGET STIM, it is dying and dying very fast. Focus on Trinity/Spinal implants divisions.

Take a double take on Orthofix

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant  in  McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in McKinney, TX

I worked at Orthofix

Pros

They pay you very well, but you must work hard and play the politics to get promoted from within.
    I had a good time at first but once the "new job" honeymoon was over it was down to business. Work from many different areas of the company was tossed onto my desk and I ended up completing the tasks that my supervisor did not want to complete. I even found myself designing an invitation for a personal party they were going to have.

Cons

The manager I worked under did not treat their employees with respect or even dignity
    The business environment is very cut-throat.
    Most of the work did not have anything to do with marketing.

Use more of a servant leadership approach to leadership instead of a domineering corporate business strategy.

Orthofix gets advice from the tactical front

Current Employee - Miscellaneous  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Miscellaneous in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Orthofix

Pros

Company is profitable and leader in its primary market, bone growth stimulation.

Cons

Poor communication and lack of strategic planning based upon facts (SWOT analyses, etc)

Don't neglect your flagship products and continue to develop and diversify. PEMF won't always be a cash cow.

Worked for Orthofix? Contribute to the Community!