Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation

Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation Reviews

3.6

Jill Capela

ONR Rocks!

I have been working at Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

ONR has been my home for 10 years! ONR is my family. We work together to get things done, I truly enjoy working with ONR.

Cons

We have our ups and downs, but we always pull together like a family should!

Keep up the good work!

Good company to work for

Former Employee - DOR in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - DOR in Riverside, CA

I worked at Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good clinical support and training opportunity

Cons

Push high productivity and some small buildings

Not the "family" they present themselves to be!

I have been working at Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation

Pros

The other therapists are great, and the pay rate is better than I was expecting. They have lots of facilities in my area so I can find coverage for vacations pretty easily. The 85% productivity rate is high, but lower than some other contract companies require.

Cons

ONR micromanages insignificant things, like how long you can take for your drive time between facilities. If you're over by even a minute, you don't get paid for any time beyond what their matrix says if will take you to travel between facilities. The matrix is not developed by employee reports of travel time, but Google maps which does not consider time going to your car or time from your car into the facility.
    They are also very quick to tell you to find someone to cover your hours if you are at risk of going into overtime, but are not helpful when you can't get enough hours to make ends meet. When I don't have enough hours in a week, I am encouraged to use my PTO to make up the difference so that I won't risk losing my "full-time" benefits status.
    There is a disproportionate provision of assessment/treatment materials between facilities. Certain facilities have gobs of stuff, while others have nothing at all. I have had to provide all of my own therapy materials, and to travel to other facilities to borrow testing protocols.
    Because regional managers are rarely in the buildings, it is difficult to provide constructive feedback to the company, leaving therapists feeling "unheard."

Treat your therapists with more respect - if we are hired for full-time work, do your absolute best to find us the hours. If we report taking a certain amount of time to travel between facilities, trust us. If you ask us to complete assessments with standardized protocols, provide them.

ONR IS THE BEST!

I have been working at Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

ONR is a strong company with "family like" values, they deliver the utmost in patient care and promote team approach delivery of service!

Cons

do not have any Con's at this time.

Regional manager is not good

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Orthopaedic & Neurological Rehabilitation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They do pay better than most companies; have many opportunities around

Cons

will not stick up for their employees when the nursing home has issues with them. constantly hounding about productivity. expect you to clock out if there is a gap between patients.

Respond to phone calls quicker; bring everybody together when their is conflict; introduce each staff member to the administrator