Oryx Reviews

3.7

Michael Cosper

great environment

I worked at Oryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, opportunities, and wonderful environment

Cons

Long hours, weird schedule, mostly commission

Average Sales Job

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Oryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and great atmosphere.

Cons

You have to work your butt off to get paid

Good first job.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Oryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people and fun culture.

Cons

No money, work all weekends.

N/A

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Opportunity and Culture

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Oryx for more than a year

Pros

Since most people only take the time to write reviews when they have a negative experience, I thought I would share mine. I have been with Oryx since graduating from college in May. While most companies are looking for experience and not willing to give it, Oryx was more interested in my character and intangibles. Since starting, I have worked on two campaigns doing business to business and retail sales, traveled and networked with many other professionals in my field. While I see where someone complained about compensation, I have made very good money ($125/sale) but it is because I am not focused on making the bare minimum like some are. That attitude will not get you far in this company or any other.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. No company will ever make everyone happy or be perfect but for a young growing company I have been satisfied.

Keep it up. The great thing about working here is the managers (Michael Cosper and Angel Jacome) are very involved. They go to the field and show everyone how they can improve. I have never liked working for someone who is not willing to do the things they ask of their employees and that has never been an issue here. They are also laid back but hold me and others accountable.

Drawn to Rapid Advancement

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Oryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Oryx, Inc. is a great working environment. I love that you have 100% control over your own success and advancement. I have always dreamed of being a business owner, so naturally, I was drawn to the rapid advancement that Oryx had to offer. I have gained so much knowledge from working at Oryx, much more than I had from college.

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons to working for Oryx. I truly enjoy coming into work everyday to build my career alongside other motivated individuals.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Amazing Team and Learning Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Oryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been a member of the team at Oryx, Inc. for 7 months and wanted to share a little about my experience. Once I graduated college in May I immediately started the job hunt. Attending career fairs, submitting my resume online and even networking with my parents friends.

When I came across Oryx, Inc. I knew it was the place for me because of the laid back but professional culture. I saw an opportunity to get my foot in the door and learn about what it means to be in the professional world. Since starting I have worked with two different clients, traveled and built amazing relationships.

I would never say this is a career for everyone but for someone like me, who was looking for experience, a great culture and an opportunity, it is worth your time to check Oryx out.

Cons

This company expects high standards and work ethic from everyone in the office and at times can be difficult but it teaches everyone to push themselves.

None. I have enjoyed my time here and look forward to a long term career with the company.

Fast-paced, Challenging, and Rewarding

I worked at Oryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn a lot of real world and hands on skills as quickly as you can keep up. It's challenging. You have to push yourself to become better. You learn to develop your leadership ability and management skills. The people are great, it's actually a fun environment.

Cons

It's challenging. You have to push yourself to become better. It's harder to actually do that than it seems at first.

Honestly, keep doing what you're doing in terms of pushing your team to improve. Continue the high standards mixed with fun.

A fun and growing company!

Current Employee - Recruiter/Administrator  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Administrator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Oryx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Oryx gives me the opportunity to meet a lot of different people. This company has also helped me fine tune my people skills and provides me with a professional work environment. During the time that I have spent with Oryx, I feel that I have become a better worker and I am excited to see where I can go within this company.

Cons

Oryx is a company that requires a lot of hard work, time and effort. Building a career can be very challenging; so if you are not looking for a career, this may not be the job for you.

Great People but Not a Great Career Opportunity

I worked at Oryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working there is a lot of fun. The field is really fun working with other people. I have done sales before, it is really helps to work with another person all day, especially in Walmart. I don't think I would be able to handle angry customers in Walmart if I didn't have another person with that I can laugh it off with. Morning meetings are also fun because you get to play games and stuff and everyone really gets into it. They also have a Foosball table, its really cool.

Cons

Just didn't make a lot of money and I didn't really like the draw system. It was paid training technically, but I had to pay that money back after training from my earned commissions. So having the deductions, plus paying for gas, and paying for team nights, I just didn't have a life for much of anything outside of work. My only other complaint it the work/life balance. The hours are extremely long, and you are expected to come in an hour or more before meetings start (one your a leader) but do not get paid for this time. Team nights are fun and technically not mandatory, but it looks bad if you don't go. Many people that work there work these long hours, go to every team night, hang out with people from work on days off and even dating other people in the office. So for those that are in to that then this is a good job. But for me I just need more than my work, especially if I'm not making 6 figures, which no one there does.

You should give out gas cards for bonuses or something to people that drive other people without cars around. That might ease the financial burden of all the gas that is used going to and from field.

Fun culture, lots of partying but lacking professionalism

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Oryx full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had a blast working there. Lots of fun!

Cons

Pay is lacking and lots of cheesey motivational speeches and meetings

I liked working there, I had a lot of fun, but it was hard to take the job seriously. Maybe just focus a little less on team nights and games, and more on the field

Worked for Oryx? Contribute to the Community!