Osceola Regional Medical Center

E. Timothy Cook

Good

Current Employee - Staff Nurse  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Kissimmee, FL

Pros

I get to choose what days I work.

Cons

Short staffed all the time

Listen to staff

Worst place ever

Current Employee - N/A  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - N/A in Kissimmee, FL

Pros

Distance from home, good company for someone who is just starting out

Cons

False promises for promotions, overall cleanliness, management does not listen to advise, things don't change for the better, all the company is interested in making money and satisfying the Doctors but forget the most important thing, the patients. The support staff gets treated as non essential, that they are just lucky to have a job, one of the most important problems is that it is run understaffed and you have to pickup slack and at times you fell overwhelmed specially when you can't even take a break or lunch in the time frame established by the U.S. Dept. of Labor . As a full profit organization, they are constantly patching up old equipment (25+ yrs) instead of investing in newer with a warranty

Listen to staff, not just sit there and nod your head, and work with them to come up with a solution , if you don't want to hire full time staff, hire some PRN's have cleaning crew's through out the place, not just those in plain site.

Unfair, difficult to work with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Pros

Great working environment--clean, quiet, indoors, plus if you're an "essential" employee who has to work during a hurricane, they'll bring your family in to the hospital and let them stay with you!

Cons

My supervisor has left, but she was awful. She expected every new person to know the job immediately, and provided pretty much no training. If it weren't for my co-workers, I would have been completely lost. As it is, my boss wrote me up for every little thing (yes, I know I sound disgruntled, but my coworkers complained about her, too). I ended up only working there a few months before they let me go, and I was the worker who was there EVERY day, on time, without fail.

Work with your supervisors more to create policies for training and retaining your workers better. I know you spent quite a bit on hiring me and my teammates, only to have to hire again soon for multiple positions when my supervisor didn't want to train us.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked at Osceola Regional Medical Center for a clinical rotation.

Former Employee - Radiographer  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - Radiographer in Kissimmee, FL

Pros

There is a wide variety of experiences.

Cons

All of the positions were part time.

Influx due to staff change over in leadership

Former Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Kissimmee, FL
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Kissimmee, FL

Pros

people worked together well. good commumication. leadership lacking until recently. expected to work on call on weekends.

Cons

no continuity in how work performed. policies old and did not reflect what staff was doing. no opportunity for growth. received alot of neg feedback but no positive to encourage staff.

Hired director prior to leaving.

Worked for Osceola Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!