Oshkosh Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Oshkosh Corporation CEO Charles L. Szews

Charles L. Szews

Pros
  • Good pay for the area as a blue collar worker(in 4 reviews)

• I was fortunate to work with some great people at Oshkosh, and the pay was good for what I did as a temp(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No real internal career paths are defined, nor are dept moves encouraged within the company(in 3 reviews)

• Bad management practices and poor union support(in 4 reviews)

Great place to work if you like a fast paced environment!

Senior Buyer (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsPay is competitive, good benefits, allot of great people, the work is rewarding.

ConsIt can be a pressure cooker at times and depending on the department, management can be taxing.

Great company, great culture

ProsFlexible work environment with supportive co workers, great benefits and always working to improve. You can always find the help that you need to accomplish your tasks

ConsLarge corporation who has acquired several other smaller business which in turn result in the lack of cohesion. The company is working on trying to become one Oshkosh, however, with such a widespread amount of business units, it is a daunting task.

Assembler (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI

Prosthe pay, experience and benefits was good. A lot of room for advancements and moving up in the company. Plus good people to work with.

ConsJob security and every week or every month had a new coordinator.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Gain Experience

Accounting and Tax Intern (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsFantastic intern program & many career advancement/learning opportunities

ConsCertain managers do not care what your school schedule is and demand minimum of 30 hours a week while in class and to fit most of those hours in during "business hours."

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax "hourly requirements" for interns. Would have still worked 30+ hrs a week while in school, but know others who were aggravated by it.

Great entry level job with a major company lots of perks and friendly people

201 Assembler (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsGreat Paying Job (while it lasted)
    Great Insurance
    Lots of over time, 12 paid holidays. The company shuts the plant down two weeks a year for x-mas and 4th of July week. Turkey or Ham or Fruit Basket at X-Mas, the company cares for its employees and safety is stressed.

ConsYou never have a trash can when u need one.
    Manditory over time. lack of proper notification of over time. Production hours change week to week.
    Use of a point system for attendance in place but it's nessary.
    Not a lot of stability to plan a social life around or a long term career or to buy a house for new hires.
    Manditory use of 4 vacation days on 4th of July week shut down.
    Not enough Personal Days

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the trash cans to the main line!

Great mentorship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI

Pros- Products you are working on make an obvious positive impact on people's lives
    - Great mentorship for younger folks - lots of professional development events for interns
    - People are positive and very friendly/personable!

Cons- There are more exciting places to live than Oshkosh, WI (alright for raising a family though!)
    - Mostly male employees... but that comes with most engineering jobs

Decent opportunities, could use some improvements in the culture

Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsPlenty of responsibilities. It's a large corporation, so there are plenty of different opportunities. Many young workers

ConsWork hours can be excessive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more flexible work schedules, do a better job encouraging professional development.

conservative middle west company looking for international expansion

ProsNice people, great working atmosphere

Consnot so conscious on cost control

Advice to Senior Managementinternationalized

Busy, unorganized plant floor

Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsGood Pay and benefit, Worked with great people.

ConsNo balance between work and home.

Typical manuf. company

ProsBenefits vacation, health, vision, dental, life insurace, 401k,
    Pay is fair
    Most areas flexible with personal needs (dr, appts, kids, etc.)
    Training opportunities

ConsDefense spending cuts
    Lacking municipal funds
    Slowly recovering construction market
    Atmosphere tied to economy in many ways
    Certain customers require many unique skills and knowledge that is not common in other industries, dept of defense in particular

Worked for Oshkosh Corporation? Contribute to the Community!