Oshkosh Corporation Reviews

Reset
3.2
Oshkosh Corporation CEO Charles L. Szews
Charles L. Szews

Pros
  • Good pay for the area as a blue collar worker (in 5 reviews)

• Pay is competitive, good benefits, allot of great people, the work is rewarding (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no such thing as work life balance with this company (in 4 reviews)

• No real internal career paths are defined, nor are dept moves encouraged within the company (in 3 reviews)

1. Vertrieb Sales

Current Employee - Vertriebsleiter in Limburg a. d. Lahn (Germany)
    Current Employee - Vertriebsleiter in Limburg a. d. Lahn (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Das Produkt selbst ist fantastisch. Die einzelnen Märkte sind interessant, und die Kunden Menschen mit warmem und hilfsbereitem Charakter.

The products itself are phantastic. The particular markets are interesting and the customers are people with a warm and helpful character.

Cons

Man hat Probleme mit der internen Struktur. Man hat noch keinen für Europa Zuständigen ernannt. Es gibt keine Führung für Europa. Das lokale Management arbeitet ohne Kontrolle.

They have problems with their inner structure. They did not appoint someone yet being responsible for Europe. So there is no leading for Europe. The local management is doing something without control.

Advice to Management

Verantwortung lässt sich nicht teilen. Man muss lernen, dass Leute, die Verantwortung übernehmen, auch die Befugnis zur Entscheidung haben müssen.

Responsibilty cannot be divided. They must learn that the poeple who take responsibility need to have also the power for decisions.

2. overall good company

Current Employee - 301 General Assembler in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - 301 General Assembler in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

very good benefits compared to other companies very good pay and hard to find this type of pay any where else endless opportunities for job advancement and tryiing different positions

Cons

Overall to actual downsides about being there. When it comes to FMLA HR needs to be more lenient and do alot better job on approving time off instead of walking an employee for missing work due to a family emergency.

Advice to Management

instead of pointing the fingers at employees when they have quality issues on trucks which interfere with sales who bust their ass every day to build the best truck. They need to focus on tracing where the repeat problem started. Also have the management and cordinators quit being so worried about hitting numbers and not carrying about quality just to hit their numbers to make themselves look good. Start putting quality before number and we will make the government alot happier!!

3. Compared to other jobs, heaven.

Current Employee - Painter in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Painter in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

Pay, insurance, work pace, safety awareness, and Union.

Cons

Management seems disorganized and more often than not uneducated

Advice to Management

When told about an issue management should be able to face and fix the issue, it seems that its more common to try to forget the issue or pass it on to someone else.

5. Extremely fast paced

Former Employee - Engineer in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

The product we build makes a difference in people's lives every day. Nice community, good pay/benefits.

Cons

10 hour days and a couple weekends a month are an EXPECTED MINIMUM. Change, even change for the better, is very hard to create.

Advice to Management

Quit the blame game and figure out how to get a work-life balance. Decent place to work.

6. OK, Communication between everyone needs to b e much better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

Good hours, Decent Pay, goodfeeling of helping our men and women here and overseas.

Cons

Horrible communication between everyone. No respect for personal issues. had to distunguish between home and work life.

Advice to Management

Communicaion needs to be better, I don't understand why everything has to be a secret.

7. Its a great place work you learn alot information the people are like family.

Current Employee - 301 in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - 301 in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

The pay scale is one of the best in the Fox Valley plus the bennifits are ranked at the top of every job around.

Cons

we do have to work alot of hrs. so the overtime is always nice but it does take away from family time.

Advice to Management

If I were in leadership postion I would give more feed back to its employees in a more timely matter rather than wait till the last minute on important information.

8. Great learning experiences and safety knowledge

Current Employee - Material Handler in Dodge Center, MN
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Dodge Center, MN

Pros

great learning abilities and amazing training.

Cons

hours going up and down too much.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees when we have problems. we see how everything works. management doesnt see a lot of what really goes on and how things work some times.

All in all I am happy to have a good job. !!

Current Employee - Hourly in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Hourly in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

I am proud of the trucks we make, and who we make them for. It's nice to know we make something worth while. The benifit package is good. I am happy with my co- workers we really have a good repore. All in all I can say I am so proud to work for a company that provides a living.

Cons

Not known for thier compassion, or ability to treat employees in a fair manor. I really wish they were more family freindly.

Advice to Management

Please listen to us. We want to help make a difference. Treat us as individuals, we are all Not the same.

Great co-workers, confusing management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

Pros

Most everyone is commited to hard work and professional Gave back benefits after market picked up again Non-repetitive daily tasks Team spirit encouraged

Cons

Underutilized operations/materials system - cumbersome bandaid fixes LOTS of policy emphasis Somewhat rigid procedures HR and management uses complicated system to 'manage' humans

Advice to Management

Get rid of TAMS. HR review system is demeaning and pointless. Stop trying to reduce your employees to numbers, we are humans.

11. Overall, good place to learn

Pros

They do not micro-manage their people, which creates personal growth.

Cons

Communication needs to get better

RSS Feed </> Embed