Oshkosh Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Oshkosh Corporation CEO Charles L. Szews

Charles L. Szews

Pros
  • Good pay for the area as a blue collar worker(in 4 reviews)

• I was fortunate to work with some great people at Oshkosh, and the pay was good for what I did as a temp(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No real internal career paths are defined, nor are dept moves encouraged within the company(in 3 reviews)

• Bad management practices and poor union support(in 4 reviews)

Sales

Sales Director (Current Employee) Limburg an der Lahn (Germany)

ProsThe products itself are phantastic. The particular markets are interesting and the customers are people with a warm and helpful character.

ConsThey have problems with their inner structure. They did not appoint someone yet being responsible for Europe. So there is no leading for Europe. The local management is doing something without control.

Advice to Senior ManagementResponsibilty cannot be divided. They must learn that the poeple who take responsibility need to have also the power for decisions.

overall good company

301 General Assembler (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

Prosvery good benefits compared to other companies
    very good pay and hard to find this type of pay any where else
    endless opportunities for job advancement and tryiing different positions

ConsOverall to actual downsides about being there. When it comes to FMLA HR needs to be more lenient and do alot better job on approving time off instead of walking an employee for missing work due to a family emergency.

Advice to Senior Managementinstead of pointing the fingers at employees when they have quality issues on trucks which interfere with sales who bust their ass every day to build the best truck. They need to focus on tracing where the repeat problem started. Also have the management and cordinators quit being so worried about hitting numbers and not carrying about quality just to hit their numbers to make themselves look good. Start putting quality before number and we will make the government alot happier!!

Compared to other jobs, heaven.

Painter (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsPay, insurance, work pace, safety awareness, and Union.

ConsManagement seems disorganized and more often than not uneducated

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen told about an issue management should be able to face and fix the issue, it seems that its more common to try to forget the issue or pass it on to someone else.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely fast paced

Engineer (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsThe product we build makes a difference in people's lives every day. Nice community, good pay/benefits.

Cons10 hour days and a couple weekends a month are an EXPECTED MINIMUM. Change, even change for the better, is very hard to create.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit the blame game and figure out how to get a work-life balance. Decent place to work.

OK, Communication between everyone needs to b e much better.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsGood hours, Decent Pay, goodfeeling of helping our men and women here and overseas.

ConsHorrible communication between everyone. No respect for personal issues. had to distunguish between home and work life.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicaion needs to be better, I don't understand why everything has to be a secret.

Its a great place work you learn alot information the people are like family.

301 (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsThe pay scale is one of the best in the Fox Valley plus the bennifits are ranked at the top of every job around.

Conswe do have to work alot of hrs. so the overtime is always nice but it does take away from family time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I were in leadership postion I would give more feed back to its employees in a more timely matter rather than wait till the last minute on important information.

Great learning experiences and safety knowledge

Material Handler (Current Employee) Dodge Center, MN

Prosgreat learning abilities and amazing training.

Conshours going up and down too much.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees when we have problems. we see how everything works. management doesnt see a lot of what really goes on and how things work some times.

All in all I am happy to have a good job. !!

Hourly (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsI am proud of the trucks we make, and who we make them for. It's nice to know we make something worth while. The benifit package is good. I am happy with my co- workers we really have a good repore. All in all I can say I am so proud to work for a company that provides a living.

ConsNot known for thier compassion, or ability to treat employees in a fair manor. I really wish they were more family freindly.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to us. We want to help make a difference. Treat us as individuals, we are all Not the same.

Great co-workers, confusing management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsMost everyone is commited to hard work and professional
    Gave back benefits after market picked up again
    Non-repetitive daily tasks
    Team spirit encouraged

ConsUnderutilized operations/materials system - cumbersome bandaid fixes
    LOTS of policy emphasis
    Somewhat rigid procedures
    HR and management uses complicated system to 'manage' humans

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of TAMS. HR review system is demeaning and pointless. Stop trying to reduce your employees to numbers, we are humans.

Overall, good place to learn

ProsThey do not micro-manage their people, which creates personal growth.

ConsCommunication needs to get better

Worked for Oshkosh Corporation? Contribute to the Community!