Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center

CEO

Outstanding work environment

Former Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Camden, NJ

I worked at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Follows Christian policy. Cares about the staff

Cons

understaffed, current staff way over committed

If you want a raise go anywhere else.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers and doctors for the short time they worked there. New building, unfortunately whoever designed it was not in the medical field.

Cons

Incompetence is rewarded...the dumbest, laziest, rudest, most ethically challenged people are promoted to management (one manager was even fired as a supervisor and rehired as a manager). Management likes to threaten and yell at employees. One manager liked to tell the nurses that if they didn't like it there, they were replaceable with new graduates (funny, all the new grads go to LGMC and OLOL is now resorting to hiring travel nurses whose families moved from ebola hot zones). Wages are some of the lowest unless you come in on a travel contract. If you are hoping for a raise, you will be told straight out on hire not to expect more than 1% . There is no sign on bonus...another hospital in the area offers a $4,000 sign on bonus. Don't expect specialty pay if you already work there and transfer to a specialty area. You will not be treated like a person. You will work short handed and told to "roll with it." You will constantly be told by management to be grateful you even have a job and that you are replaceable. When something happens, management will attempt to lie to save their own butts, even when it doesn't make sense and they are obviously lying.

Treat people like humans. Value your employees, give decent raises, sign on bonuses and stop telling them they could easily be replaced....evidently they aren't since you are having job fairs and management meetings on why everyone is leaving and why you can't get anyone to even apply there.

Revolving Door

I have been working at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center

Pros

Nice Co-workers who are dedicated to doing a good job

Cons

No Work-Life Balance; Unstable work enviroment

Good work, not so good work environment

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Camden, NJ

I worked at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed my work for the experience and the ability to make a difference in a patients day, daily.

Cons

Negative work environment. Best put? The animals running the zoo, upper management is not on your side ever, seniority rules over professionalism and skill.

Start new, bring in fresh people with a desire to make a change.

RN Endoscopy

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Willingboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent staff and fun place to work

Cons

not enough work hours considering it was to be full time (40) hrs week and only worked (25) to (34) hrs week

when hiring employees for full time make sure they have full time hours

Awful awful awful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center full-time

Pros

Most of our co-workers were awesome, and very united. We made each other laugh, and it helped get through the day. Management didn't like laughing.

Cons

Shady management, constant changes in job duties, no raises, micro-managed, favoritism, nepotism, upper level management is totally disconnected

Talk to your employees, not managers. Listen to them, really listen.

Greedy and uncaring

Current Employee - Medical Biller in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Medical Biller in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As they like to remind us: I have a job

Cons

Forced flu inmunization for LL associates, even clreical, who don't work at the hospital or any doctor's office

Learn what your employees do. You demand unreasonably and don't have any idea what it takes to do our job, but you need us none the less

Limited

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center

Pros

Depending on the area you work long-term relationships can be established and a sense of family is felt between colleagues.

Cons

No succession plan. Promotions based on who you know. Professional growth can be easily stiffled. Obvious unequal treatment of employees by senior leaders.

Human Resources and management should focus on candidates for job selection be based on education and ability to do the job instead of friends promoting friends. The support for a learning curve for new positions should be open to all instead of just friends of friends. The culture of the facility would improve if staff believed that all are treated fairly instead of a select few. Very negative impact on organizational culture.

It's just a job.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center

Pros

Colleagues work together like one big family.

Cons

Senior Management only tell you what you want to hear and not the truth.Nothing but a bunch of politicians.

Be up front and dont circle around the truth.

fair

I worked at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center

Pros

vacation policy is a good one time off granted fairly easily by most department managers work hours for day shift are good

Cons

poor upper management wasteful spending

be honest