Our365

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Yarnell

Pros
  • If you love babies and photography this is a great part-time job(in 6 reviews)

• Working with babies and families was great(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Little aprreciation and no understanding from upper management(in 5 reviews)

• Entirely commission based pay can be a bad thing, can't sell if there are hardly any babies(in 4 reviews)

Great experience photographing baby and mom.

Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer (Former Employee) Mineola, NY

ProsIf you love babies and photography this is a great part-time job.

ConsCommission only. District Manager expects you to return emails to team and trainers off the clock, at home. If there are no babies to be photographed on your scheduled shift you will not make money on that day. If you are legitimately ill, and do your best to get a teammate to cover your shift, But cannot, the District Manager will demand you go into the hospital to work your shift and photograph the new born babies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing a bully is not a characteristic of great leadership skills. If an employee is legitimately ill they should not be forced to work their shift and contaminate a new born baby (and the mother). An hourly wage should be enforced along with commission to cover slow shifts and working after hours returning emails and submitting reports.

Photographer

Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsFlexible scheduling, meeting new people all the time, working with babies

ConsWorking in hospital environment can be challenging. Low pay. more about sales less about pictures.

Company going downhill fast

Area Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI left this badly run company!

ConsQuote "Regional Managers" would not even qualify to be District Managers in many companies, most "District Managers" would not qualify to be in any form of management at many companies. There is no culture of respect from the top down, they absolutely are rudderless in the way they run their business.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your culture, respect the people that truly care about the business, the hospitals and Moms they serve. It's a shame that you got rid of a President that had his hand on the tiller and was moving the ship in the right direction.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely loving my experience with them so far!!

Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) Williamsport, PA

ProsEasy to communicate with management.
    Great working conditions.
    Great salary and benefits.
    Lots of fun.

ConsUniform issues, not really comfortable for movement required in daily job requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some more time with those in the field, working with hospital administration to get offices and secure locations for our supplies and cart. Get more advertising in our hospital. More comfortable uniforms, like polo shirts instead of button ups.

Great company to work for!

Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsThere are a lot of contests and opportunities to earn good money. There is also always information you can obtain to do better, you are in constant connection with other workers through email and online. There is plenty of resources available on your site.

ConsThe only con I could think of is if you don't like working in hospitals. Other than that, great.

Great environment, Great colleagues, Great morale

District Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMentorship aspect at RD and VP level is a great asset along with team support. West coast RD is always a phone call away and communication is spot on. Opportunity for growth is particularly strong if you are willing to work for it. The company encourages employees to work hard and constantly finds ways to recognize and reward employee efforts.

ConsManaging a sales team can be a challenge on off days.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening to your employees and incorporating their ideas. Continue changing with the times so we do not become monotonous.

A memorable, exciting and once in a lifetime work experience with newborns and their families

Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) Mission Hills, CA

ProsSeeing families get excited about taking baby's first official portrait. Just being able to share that moment with a new family was rewarding. Also, having fun photographing babies! Got to style and pose them!

ConsThe worst part was the pay because you mainly worked off commission, 30% of sales. I know, who wouldn't want to buy baby pictures? But some families simply cannot afford it. Unfortunately, I worked at a hospital with low-income families and buying photo packages in the $100 range wasn't an option! I loved my job, but you just couldn't make money. How could I possibly sell a $30 package to a mother who couldn't even afford to buy her newborn baby clothes?! The baby went home in the hospital's white shirt. It's unfortunate, but I had to leave because I just wasn't making money. And I couldn't rely on internet sales either. With all the new technology, everyone is a "photographer" and don't need our services!

Very rewarding

Digital Encore (Former Employee) Saint Charles, MO

ProsGreat co-workers, very flexible, and very family oriented.

Conspush their "partners" on customers way to much, it seems like the partner offers are more important than th newborns photos.

A good experience ...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Charles, MO

ProsI enjoy the variety of people that I get to work with. I interact with most every position in the company from photographers to executives. There is a lot of change and restructuring happening right now due to the name change (was Our365, now Mom365) and I think it's positive. It's a fresh look to baby photography and is very professional. I have had two friends have babies recently and Mom365 did their photographs. They were beautiful. The vision and goal that the company is pushing for is positive and with the right people in place, they will succeed. I look forward to seeing where the company goes in the next few years.

ConsOverall, I enjoy working here. My one con would be there doesn't seem to be a sense of company wide unity. Each department and district seems to be it's on entity. Kind of like a high school click. But as a whole, there doesn't seem to be a feeling that everyone is on the same team.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the working atmosphere, from the top down.

For a company this size there needs to be a sense by every employee that we are all on the same team. Team is talked about a great deal, however, the teams tend to be departmentally based, not company wide. A photographer should feel as much a part of Mom365 as I do sitting at the corporate office.

Each department is first and foremost for themselves. I think that is wrong. The primary aspect of Mom365 is newborn baby photography. Which means every person / department should be first and foremost about supporting the photographers and their managers. After all, aren't the photographers and district managers the ones who essentially bring the bacon for every other person who works here?

If the atmosphere were to change and truly be redefined throughout the company, I think a there would be a vast improvement in the services we provide to moms.

Great company to work for

Prosflexible scheduling-earnings are all in my hands

Consdo not have any cons at this point in time

Worked for Our365? Contribute to the Community!