Our365 Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014

David Yarnell
1 Rating

Pros
  • If you love babies and photography this is a great part-time job (in 6 reviews)

• Working with babies and families was great (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Little aprreciation and no understanding from upper management (in 5 reviews)

• Entirely commission based pay can be a bad thing, can't sell if there are hardly any babies (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Supported at EVERY turn

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Our365 full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have recently been promoted after a years work as a photographer. I am pleasently surprised with the amount of enternal support I have recieved. This is by far one of the most prepared and concerned companies I have ever worked for. I have the tools to be successful! We are encouraged as DMs to provide the same encouragement and support to our photographers.

Cons

Day to day stresses but ALL managable.

Thank you for the teaching and development to this point, please continue to listen to our needs so we can provide the best work environment possible for our photographers.

Out with the old & in with the new

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Our365 full-time

Pros

New executive management team - working together to make the company a better place to work.
    Flexible hours
    The people I work with are awesome.

Cons

The old executive team culture & values are still around - but things are slowly changing.

Continue to build the relationships between the office & the field. Also build on the inter department relationships in the office.

flexible part time job...

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Our365 part-time for less than a year

Pros

this is a great job for stay at home moms , and also if you are wanting to return to school. manager is real flexible with schedules. getting to work with new borns and meeting great people.

Cons

pay is not reliable as you get paid commission.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent experience if you're in a good district

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at Our365 part-time for more than a year

Pros

-If you know how to sell and take GOOD photos and aren't in a super poor area, you can make a huge amount of money. I typically made $20 an hour or more.
    -Working with babies and new moms is incredibly rewarding and lots of fun!
    -You work until the work is done, some days you can make $100 in three hours if you know how to work fast
    -Management was extremely kind and supportive even if you had bad sales days as long as you made it clear you were doing your best, but this can vary depending on your area

Cons

-Entirely commission based pay can be a bad thing, can't sell if there are hardly any babies. When I moved from D.C. to Nashville sales dropped dramatically because I ended up in such a poor area with a lower birth rate
    -They hire a lot of people with NO photography experience whatsoever, that can't even hold an SLR camera. This is why so many people are dissatisfied with this job, if you can't take good pictures then you aren't going to sell.
    -sometimes relationships with nurses at the hospital can be hostile
    -Not a job for you if you have a mortgage to pay, but amazing as a side job to earn extra money!

-Base commission structure off of a hospitals birth rate, so those working in slow hospitals still have potential to earn a good amount of money.
    -If you're hiring someone with no photography experience, put them on a brief probationary period to make sure they can actually take a decent photo.

Don't Care About Their People

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer  in  Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Our365 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really, none to speak of

Cons

Expect you to make sales even if you have one or two babies and the Moms decline photos, expect you to force yourself on the mom to just take photos. They treat us with no respect and trust., new supervisior hard to reach, never returns calls promptly, maybe a day or two later, when we need her especially weekends, not just us but everyone in the district, but she gets angry when we do not pick up the phone immediately when she calls, even on our day off. Can not make enough in low income hospitals, should be a base pay wth a commission.

Hire supervisiors that have experience treating people with respect, not people that just managed a studio or little or no previous experience. Pay more.

Loved my job, but a few down sides

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer  in  Carbondale, IL
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Carbondale, IL

I worked at Our365 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Okay, so you get to see newborn babies all day! That was the greatest part! Good pay if you know how to sell sell sell!

Cons

This is NOT a photography job! There is no creative freedom. You go off of a pose guide. The sales technique is old fashioned. When I say old fashioned I mean you are pretty much forcing people to buy, not giving them more affordable options that they could better use.

Worst Company I ever worked for

Current Employee - Msr  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Msr in Denver, CO

I have been working at Our365 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The hosptial staff and working with newborn babies

Cons

Bad pay, their training teaches you to force parents to buy pictures, bad training, bad managment, lack of communication, I went 2 years without a single day off and the company doesn't appreciate their employees.

When you have an employee who gives everything they have to the postion appreciate them and pay them for it so you don't have the high turnover. The way this company treats it's emplyees is wrong.

Ok

Current Employee - Photographer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Photographer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Our365 part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work at your own pace

Cons

Waiting for babies to be ready

If you have nothing better to do with your time and don't need any money, this is the job for you!

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer  in  Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Renton, WA

I worked at Our365 as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Working with babies and families was great. The hospital staff was outstanding and being a photographer, I thought I would so enjoy the job.

Cons

Being encouraged to sell over-priced photo packages to parents at all costs. Being constantly insulted via email, if sales aren't to their liking.

Pay your staff for the hard work they do! The turnover rate wouldn't be so high if you compensated your photographers!

No time for employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Our365 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people next to me.

Cons

No raises in 7+ years
    Management that will not every listen to employee's
    No communication from upper management.
    No advancement once in a position you will never move up only option is to leave, fast!
     and the list goes on....

Take advantage of the people you have working for you and listen to them. They just might know what they are saying!!!

Worked for Our365? Contribute to the Community!