OutClick Media

Updated September 27, 2014
Updated September 27, 2014
3.1

Ali Jahangiri

What you produce at Outclick Media is something you'll want to show off. A motivated, creative, and rewarding company.

I have been working at OutClick Media full-time

Pros

-A company that really cares about the quality of material which it produces both digitally and in print. This high-caliber product reflects well on its employees; what you produce at work is something you want to show off.
    -You won't find better co-workers. There's a great sense of working cooperatively on a young, motivated, and intelligent team, even while your individual progress and successes clearly count towards the whole.
    -The working environment is casual, but the company is highly professional. Management is flexible with scheduling and work-load, and has generally has spot-on judgment. Basically, your superiors don’t act like superiors, but rather people of whom you can ask questions, and feel confident that you’re going to get an answer which makes sense and puts you back on track.
    -Expect to learn a ton, no matter what role you hold in the company. Your resume will thank you for working at Outclick Media. I received my master’s and thought I knew everything, but my skill set increased exponentially within the first few weeks on the job. The learning curve is fast, but it's worth it, especially because the company knows exactly what’s needed to continue its success.
    -Even though the company knows what’s needed to be successful, management is always open to suggestions. In fact, creativity is encouraged, which will keep your brain happy at work.
    -Networking - the company is focused on a niche industry, but you'll be building connections with a lot of very important people. Overall, Outclick Media is small company, but its outreach is pretty huge and very reputable.
    -From boat days to free tacos, you're constantly being rewarded as an employee at Outclick Media. It's nice to know that when you work hard, it's noticed and appreciated with perks you didn't expect.

Cons

-Be ready to multi-task often. This comes with any job, but the company is doing so well, you'll rarely have a spare moment.

An excellent, fast paced small company that allows for excellent growth and great experience!

Former Employee - Business Development in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Irvine, CA

I worked at OutClick Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

After working with the OutClick Media team for several years, I must say, this was the job that has given me such an opportunity for growth as a professional and more importantly, the invaluable experience that I would need (and have taken with me) for the next rung of my career ladder.

OutClick Media truly promoted a team effort with a sometimes "trial by fire" approach to assignments and tasks, which pushed me to strive for the best quality in my work.

They were also flexible and understanding with my schedule - especially when it came to any personal issues not related to work.

The Supervisor who currently is the Executive Assistant to the CEO was more than understanding and willing to help out should the need arise. Even though she was often inundated with piles of work - as a busy company would have - she still took the time to do so.

The CEO was probably one of the most honest and fair bosses I have ever had. He knew what he wanted (in regards to assignments) and would expect you to execute. Nevertheless, it pushed me to strive for better. He is definitely a man of his word, and no matter how busy he got, if you had a question, he would also be willing to take the time to help.

I think that was probably one of the best perks about this job, besides the benefits and flexibility, was the team nurturing environment.

I would highly recommend this employer for anyone else.

Cons

Due to the fast nature of the small workplace, communication did at times falter, but there was nothing that a simple e-mail didn't accomplish.

That being said, perhaps an assistant to the supervisor may be needed since the company was growing rather quickly at the time,

Perhaps a more funneled approach to the training of some employees, in the sense of appropriating time specifically to training.

Great Opportunity w/LOW Pay & NO Benefits!!

Former Employee - Former Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at OutClick Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have a nice office environment
    Definitely a niche market
    There's definitely room to learn new stuff

Cons

Pays low very low & not willing to negotiate at all
    NO benefits at all
    NO open communication - BIG Issue
    High turn over of employees & interns

Be honest and up front with people from day 1
    Treat employees the way you want to be treated w/RESPECT
    When an employee can take ownership & feel valued then the company have truly succeeded

Outclick Media does not value its employees

Current Employee - SEO in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - SEO in Irvine, CA

I have been working at OutClick Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- The co-workers are smart, young and driven.
    - sink or swim environment tests your passion.

Cons

- It is a constant stream of new employees. People get burned out.
    - No one cares about anything except money, especially the CEO.
    - Never get paid on time.
    - everything else

Invest in your employees and they will make you more than you could imagine. don't be shady!

Small fast-moving company in a very niche industry.

Former Employee - SEO Intern in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - SEO Intern in Irvine, CA

I worked at OutClick Media as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- opportunity to contribute to big projects and make an impact
    - senior management is always open to speaking about projects and growth of the company
    - CEO and VP are very passionate about what they do

Cons

- miscommunication among CEO and other employees
    - no clear or set opportunities for growth or reward
    - the passion for the company is not necessary transferred over to employees very well

- include interns in meetings to ensure better communication and understanding of goals

This job was more trouble than it was worth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at OutClick Media as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment with flexible hours, and an opportunity to make some professional connections within the legal, real estate and finance industries.

Cons

Poor internal communication, disorganized external messaging, and no clear direction or discernible strategy. Objectives were constantly changing and projects were rarely seen through to completion, which ultimately caused confidence and image problems. As a result, morale was very low and turnover was very high.

Extremely low pay with no benefits (none). I was never paid on time (not once) and I frequently had to chase down accounting to cut me my check, or not get paid at all. I did not get paid for overtime that I incurred while working at a mandatory weekend conference, nor was I reimbursed for my business expenses.

This job was more trouble than it was worth.

Create clearly defined job descriptions that serve a collective goal, invest some time and effort into strategic planning BEFORE starting a project, communicate with your staff, and PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES ON TIME!

Great place to start your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at OutClick Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overall, I would say that Outclick is an awesome place to start your career if you are interested in learning about SEO and web technologies. Outclick employs a young, bright group of individuals that are able to collaborate and actually see their input implemented into the numerous projects. I was promoted quickly and given raises and other perks frequently. You will learn a lot about SEO, web development, etc. You will also have the chance to grow within the company if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

You will be expected to work very hard, sometimes outside of your normal work hours, and contribute to all of the different projects... It's not necessarily a negative aspect, because your effort will be recognized, and you will see promotions and rewards quickly.

Management is doing a very good job, and actively tries to resolve problems if there is one. I would say keep up the good work, and continue to evolve.

Outclick Media Jobs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at OutClick Media

Pros

Employment with OutClick Media is a great challenge of my skill. As we are using certain cutting edge web technologies, I have a definite feeling of excitement throughout the course of developing our projects. And because I am working closely in a small group with other partners, there is a clear synergy and identity as a team. OutClick’s leaders are open-minded professionals who are excited to bounce new ideas off one another and are unafraid to change directions in a project based on employee feedback. Genuinely, working for OutClick Media has been a fun and rewarding experience. I hope to grow with the company, and I’m excited to see what happens next!

Cons

Outclick Media is a growing start up and as such is in a process of systems and infrastructure development, which at times presents a challenge. Although work for the management may be challenging, everyone on board the Outclick team, from CEO to new hire, exudes a passion and commitment to a successful implementation of these systems.

The management team of Outclick Media continues to grow the model according to a business plan epitomized by leveraging Outclick's proprietary technologies to create a defensible market position and its sales efficiencies to acquire market share.