Outback Steakhouse Reviews

Reset

1. Burns out Managers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flushing, MI

I have been working at Outback Steakhouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great meal plan for managers, company promotes from within quickly

Cons

Expected to work 55-80 hours a week, no extra days off, expected to attend meetings and phone conferences on days off, job has taken over my life and burned me out. My salary is less than $10/hour after all the extra hours worked.

Advice to Management

Give a 4 day weekend once a month to managers. Update the register systems to bump screen-paper tickets are outdated and causes more errors and more problems. Compensate fairly for the extra work hours

2. Waitress

Former Employee - Waitress in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Waitress in Hickory, NC

Pros

Great company to work for! Absolutely clean and willing to make the customers happy.

Cons

Long hours on nights and weekends

3. Server

Former Employee - Server in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Server in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Outback Steakhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good tips, especially if you work the weekends. We did tip out, but that just made the team work that much better

Cons

Changing schedule means that making plans could be pretty difficult. It would be best to have a schedule that stays the same for several months.

Advice to Management

Help the servers with the schedule, help to keep things the same so that they can make plans.

5. Great place to work

Former Employee - Server in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Server in Athens, GA

I worked at Outback Steakhouse (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, plus free food!

Cons

Management can be a little lacking

Advice to Management

Care more about your people.

6. Outback key review

Current Employee - Key Manager in Lithia, FL
    Current Employee - Key Manager in Lithia, FL

Pros

Good company that promotes mainly from within good meal benefits good hours for family situations, great training

Cons

Off the clock work, inconsistent from store to store, low hourly pay for hourly managers woth a high work load

Advice to Management

Value of employees should increase and time invested in development and opportunities to progress in coorporate.

7. FOH manager

Current Employee - Front of House Manager
    Current Employee - Front of House Manager

I have been working at Outback Steakhouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

University area with better than average all applicants. Closed thanksgiving and Christmas

Cons

Inconsistent with policies by managing partner. Partner having affair with hourly and jvp is aware and does nothing.

Advice to Management

Make a rule and be consistent. Very frustrating if not.

8. Service Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Outback Steakhouse (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere for college students and part time employment.

Cons

Pay is below average, working holidays, nights and weekends hard to find balance between work and life/family schedules.

9. Bartender /server

I have been working at Outback Steakhouse part-time

Pros

The schedule is flexible and the company has a great set of service standards and effective training system. The discount is also reasonable.

Cons

The cons are the uncontrollables such as you can't predict when it will be busy or slow so income can fluctuate without notice.

Advice to Management

Take time to inforce policies of discipline when teammates aren't holding their outback promises to the company or guests. Other than that it's a great location to work at.

10. Work out look

Former Employee - Server/Headwait in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Server/Headwait in Huntsville, AL

Pros

The tips were great! We had a lot of fun and was treated like family. There wasn't a high turnover, people kept their jobs. You could always work. Have time off easy too. I was headwait and my drawer came up 100$ short and instead of firing me on the spot, they took the time to see what had happened on camera. Turns out when I was taking money someone pulled the bill from me without me noticing. In problems I was treated fairly here, they investigated.

Cons

No breaks, which is illegal actually. I noticed a lot of opiate use, but that's everywhere. Many of the employees (including myself) took pain medication quite a bit. My manager even traded smoke breaks for them from us. He was eventually fires for something. I know at this point it's common, it's an epidemic in the US and servers and bartenders seems to use as many pills as a strip club might. It could just be my area.

Advice to Management

Give the employees a few minutes. I worked my tail off on major holidays, ie mother father valentine days, that we opened at ten and got off at 11 no break.

11. Server

Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Server/Waiter in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Outback Steakhouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The tips at outback are great depending on where you are located, the food is good and for an affordable price. It provides an excellent casual dining experience.

Cons

The portion sizes have changed so you will hear plenty of negative feedback from costomers. The employee discount is only eligible during your shift if you work a double, and you only get 25% at any other outback or bloomin brands company

Advice to Management

There should be a system in place that allows each person working a double to eat lunch at some point. I get that we are a food establishment so everyone comes to us for their lunch break but you should have people come in to break other people's shifts if they would like to eat on a busy day.

RSS Feed </> Embed