OutboundEngine Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Branndon Stewart

1. Most Satisfying Job Ever!

Current Employee - Customer Success Team in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Team in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is the Mecca for people who are passionate about helping other people! The environment is so nurturing for growth. If you are great at what you do and want to get better or help the company get better then this is the place to be. All ideas are welcome and everyone is a straight shooter. This is not the place to expect to be idle.

Cons

I have yet to find any cons while working here. Maybe the only con is being so excited about being here that I can't stop thinking about work when I am off, (in a good way).

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the doors open. Continue to hire people who are qualified, not just on paper, but in spirit to really make this a special company!

Opportunity Abound!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Ability to rise in the ranks quickly
    - Professional development and AMAZING trainings offered at least three times a day
    - Feeling valued as an employee
    - Always challenged and constantly growing

Cons

It can definitely be a grind for those who aren't ready to make a change in their lives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and pushing us to be the best professionals and people possible!

3. Sales Exec

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have a strong drive and desire, you can make a whole lot of money for someone withought a degree.

Cons

To make real money at the company you will have to sacrifice most of your social life and relationships at home can become tense due to the hours

Advice to Management

Slow down on scaling the company just a little bit, maybe skip a month here and there so the employees can keep up with the culture

Sweat shop

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous comp plan.. ya right. Good luck making it

Cons

Almost impossible to make commission!! Might as be a 12yr old kid working in a sweatshop

Advice to Management

Stop with the unmotivating hate emails! Telling you how horrible you're doing!

6. Sales

I worked at OutboundEngine

Pros

Great work environment, free food, loud music, and great culture. Daily Sales Training really ramps everyone up.

Cons

Schedule flexibility, Sales Managers constantly are on you.

Advice to Management

Make sure personalities click. Some Managers don't work well with some people, others do. Let the Salesperson decide which manager they want to work with.

Legendary sales culture

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have what it takes, this is a career. What anyone else is doing is irrelevant. Excuses are made in bad faith. This company moves at a Wall Street pace. Last day of the month you stay until midnight because it means an extra $2000 in your pocket. Having sold marketing for several companies in Austin and elsewhere, never have I been so rewarded for my effort. I came in thinking I knew how to sell, only to realize that I'm just getting started.

Cons

None. People complain about micromanaging? Try working for Signpost, Yodel, any other inside sales company in Austin and you'll change your tune. I feel like an independent contractor here. I work for myself and I work hard because I want to succeed. If I were here to collect a salary alone, I could see why management would be annoying.

Advice to Management

Call volume is important, but only when other metrics are considered. I can make 150 dials before lunch and get nothing accomplished. Conversely, I can end the day with 80 dials and 5 hours talk time and feel much more confident about my pipeline. Having minimums of either (a) 80 calls with 3 hours talk time, or (b) 120 calls with 2.5 hours talk time will ensure quality calls instead of mindless dialing.

Outstanding, I love this culture, this grind, this success! Love being a part of a winning team!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to not only make good money based on your work ethic and natural ability to communicate. But you also are constantly surrounded by very successful people are not only trying to make you earn more money here. But also further your career by improving your person with trainings and constant support with everyday situations. Mainly just always being available to pick their brains on any topic is such a great value for someone who doesn't want to just stay in one place their whole life.

Cons

Long hours. You fall in love with the hustle. The grind and the success.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Be a good little clone, work really hard, and don't ask questions.

I worked at OutboundEngine

Pros

Good insurance. Some good positive folks. The CEO Brandon is a really approachable guy who is very supportive. The other divisions of the company are very strong teams. Learning to sell this will make you a BEAST at other companies.. because it will be A LOT easier. The product is truly great.

Cons

Leads are HORRIBLE. 150+ dials/day avg. Music WAY too loud. Crappy headsets. Recruiter said reps made 50-60k/year+ LIES. Only 5-6 people make over 48k/year. Reviews here are fake. Being told to make more dials when I had been working my tush off every day made me want to throw up. The sales floor is an embellished sweatshop. Find a different sales job.

Advice to Management

Fix the negative approach to driving sales. It has gone too far. You're burning out your top reps and would be guns. Even as a vet salesperson my feedback to management felt wasted because they're afraid of their manager's dictatorship style execution. Fix the lead situation.. It's ridiculous. You have a sales floor run by fear. It could be so much more.

OutboundEngine Response

Mar 31, 2015Recruiting Coordinator

Your candid feedback is greatly appreciated and taken very seriously. OutboundEngine values the experience of each team member and takes every initiative to always meet individual needs and wishes ... More

10. Great startup opportunity for anyone looking to get into the industry..

I have been working at OutboundEngine

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

Nothing to say here at all..

The best kind of startup: tons of energy, a real plan for success, and transparent management.

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Startups can be great places to work, but sometimes it can be hard to tell if things are going well. At OE, there's lots of energy and fun perks, but no Kool Aid. The environment is loose and casual, but everyone has clear goals and works relentlessly to hit them. Management gives us monthly updates on the company's numbers and has a real plan to build OE into a really solid business. It's also really straightforward: no tolerance for politics or pettiness, and you generally know where you stand. Two weeks paid vacation at the end of the year (in addition to regular PTO) is awesome!!

Cons

Office environment is a little crowded but hopefully that will be fixed in March when we move to our new office.

Advice to Management

A few more happy hours would be nice :)

RSS Feed </> Embed