Outcome Sciences Reviews

2.0

Richard Gliklich

Salary

I worked at Outcome Sciences full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, good pay, good location

Cons

not much communications from upper management

promote culture

Busy place, needs some process & technology improvements...

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Outcome Sciences full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No shortage of projects, busy environment which means the markets they are in are growing.
    I think developers try to do the right thing most of the time but the clock is always ticking.
    Luckily, there are some long time employees that can step in and rescue projects.

Cons

Communication across teams working on projects can be improved, some groups are always late with their deliverables to engineering but never put in the hours like engineering when they are falling behind on their work.
    Immature technology organization but improving - all manual testing, no unit testing, etc. When ideas for improvement in these areas and others are proposed by new employees, they get resistance.
    All software is built on a proprietary framework making development harder than it needs to be at times, which can be frustrating. This framework is limited in its capabilities, poorly documented, and has some other warts.

Not a good company in North America

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Outcome Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

cup cakes once a month and coffee every day.

Cons

No career. Management has no clue and no education. Worst Engineering management.

Bring the right people in Engineering management. You have people in engineering management from different background and no computer science degree. They always show that they are busy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned much about CFR Part 11 compliance. .

Former Employee - QA Engineer  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Outcome Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities to ecome a leader within my group.
    QA has good visibility within the company.
    Enjoyed the engineers I worked with.

Cons

CFO ran the show. Pay was poor. Left for a 22% raise. Had to pay for parking. Lots of unpaid overtime because management underestimated schedules.

They got my advice before I left. Fell upon deaf ears.

Horrible company and worst management

Current Employee - Software Manager  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Outcome Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

Closed to MIT, and this is the only Pros i can think of.

Cons

Most employees who join Outcome, they work 1 year or hardly 1 year and 3 months. This average, so you knowthe story. Bad company, not good salary. They will promise bonus but you will get nothing, and trust me for that. Please read all reviews and then you can dicide. I ready all, and agree in Engineering they have worst Leaders and most are non technical who are doing nothing but just showing they are busy. I wasted my time in this company and much happy that i left.

Remove all the management people.

Worst management

Current Employee - Supervisor, IT  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Supervisor, IT in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Outcome Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only pros: 20% employees are good. Clinical team management is good, but i must say the management in Engineering department is a fail management. Engineering management is non-technical which is the reason for failure of this Engineering department. 80% of the employees want to leave the company.

Cons

Worst management in Engineering department because they are not technical people which is making very frustrating for some good people and that's why many good technical people are leaving and many want to leave. I regret that i didn't believe on reviews when i joined but everything in the reviews from others came to be true and all reviews are very honest review, so i would suggest not joining this company. If by mistake you join, you will see most of the employees are new which tells everything. If you join, i can bet you woild want to leave after a year and you will regret.

Have some technical people in Engineering management, and fire some old empployees who want their monopoly so they don't want other people.

Great place to visit, sick of living here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Outcome Sciences full-time

Pros

The people make this place worthwhile. It's easier to name the people who don't pull their weight than those who do. People want to make sure that things get done well and are willing to help one another out.

Cons

Even though it was acquired by a significantly larger CRO, the Outcome division still operates as though it's a small, struggling company. Since being acquired, getting anything processed internally has become painfully slow, bringing a once nimble company to a grinding halt. Everyone is under pressure to meet quarterly targets as though we're going to go out of business if we miss a number (and since the company is privately owned, there's no transparency as to what "the number" is that we're supposed to be aiming for).

Attempts to discuss professional development or growing into a new position are isolated to your direct manager and often fall on deaf ears, leaving you in a dead-end job even if the position supposedly has a career path. Attrition is incredibly high, and management's response is to focus their attention on trying to retain the newer employees as the ones who have been here for a longer period of time are too jaded to be influenced by their efforts. This divides the workforce into two halves: a younger group with a lot of energy that "expects" to be driven into the ground, and an older group that has families and is too jaded to notice that work goes with them to their kids' soccer games and family vacations.

Set realistic and transparent goals for employees that motivates people to give the company their best. Allow your employees to actually meet the goals once in a while, and reward them when they do. When every day and every issue that arises is treated as an emergency, everyone becomes so jaded that nothing matters anymore. Get priorities into alignment so people react to the right issues with urgency and can address day-to-day matters in a way that actually makes sense.

No Work / Life Balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Outcome Sciences full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are very nice when they have time to stop for a minute

Cons

No work life balance. Extremely high workloads and redundant processes that add to the workload.

high turn over, no work/life balance 70+ hours a week including night+weekend, highly stressful + constant micro manage

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Outcome Sciences

Pros

They make you work on literally everything here and in turn you get to know a bit of everything

Cons

high turn over, They make you work 70-80 hours a week night+weekend, highly stressful + constant pressure unnecessarily and constantly being micro manage, the director will keep upper management from knowing what's really going on and staff under wraps with no interface to others directors or managers. Many unhappy staffs has either quits before or have been gotten rid of before upper management even hear of any complaints.

Get to Know your director and have a real 360 degree review. Listen not only to their version of truth, but also hear what staffs under neath really have to say without risk their jobs . One bad director can cause a lot more harm and loss to the company than a hundred non-management employees.

Good employees, bad employer

Former Employee - QC Engineer  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - QC Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Outcome Sciences

Pros

everyone is helpfull and fun to work with. The work itself is worth while and interesting. The best thing are the other employees.

Cons

A lot of work and but no compensation. The company doesn't share anything with the employees and not even their profit margin.

Compensate your employees then they wouldn't be looking somewhere else. The job environment can become stressful and yet employees are not rewarded for their work.

Worked for Outcome Sciences? Contribute to the Community!