Outcomes Health Information Solutions

Gary Velasquez

1. Working At Outcomes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work environment is very cordial and healthy

Cons

Team structure is not well defined

Advice to Management

Be better organized

2. Good Out of College Job

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions full-time

Pros

The wage is decent for someone straight out of college with very few responsibilities.

Cons

Promotions do come around but the pay usually doesn't fit the new responsibilities and stress taken on. Management positions typically go to people outside of the company. It's very strange, it seems like you have to leave and work for another company before they'll promote you to management.

3. Now Altegra

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions

Pros

Flexible schedule, good money when there is work, reimburses for all travel expenses.

Cons

There is usually not enough work.

5. Great experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great technology, people, and operations. Ethical company. Excellent pay.

Cons

Long hours, some disorganization at times

6. Ok place to work...management sucks!

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions

Pros

Flexible Work Schedule! Pay is Good!

Cons

Management Fails To Respond To Your Emails!

Clinical Coder

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions

Pros

Extra money. That's about it, ad the fact that I can work when I want, even when I'm off from my full time job.

Cons

No one EVER communicates with you. you have to keep logging into the system to see if you have any work. One of the clinical advocates isn't professional at all and talks to me like I'm her home-girl form college. Very little pay for the amount of work they want you to do. They state that charts are low at times, but I later found that they were still hiring people. Who hires more employees when the chart volume is low. Extremely unfair when I came in almost a year ago and stayed dedicated to the company. I guess they figure that since I'm part-time, I really don't need the money. Called the company to complain and left a message for the manager 4 days ago, and I sent an email.......STILL no response. This place is a complete joke and as soon as I find a replacement, I'M OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Train your employees properly. Put individuals in management that are professional and speak proper English. Acknowledge that without the people that are actually getting the work out, you are a ship without a sail or anchor. And for goodness sakes, COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR REMOTE EMPLOYEES AND STOP TAKING FOREVER TO RESPOND TO EMAILS. We know you are reading them.... Please and Thank you

Extremely frustrating experience due to poor communication and system errors/issues.

Current Employee - Medical Record Field Reviewer
    Current Employee - Medical Record Field Reviewer

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions part-time

Pros

Work Independently; if you have a good day with no site or IT system issues (rare), it is okay money. Mileage reimbursement can often be more than the charts you are assigned for the day; if you have a small car, it's a win. Advocates are very pleasant, but also obviously frustrated and confused at times.

Cons

Pay is per chart uploaded. Very low pay for the actual time spent printing cover sheets, filling out time card, and uploading charts with server crashes and malfunctioning equipment. Opening numerous tickets with IT and troubleshooting their systems remotely on your own time. This is not an hourly paid job and there is no built in admin time.

Advice to Management

Organize operations between Miami and GA. Too much confusion and lack of communication for minimal compensation.

9. independent work for good pay

Current Employee - Field Reviewer in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Field Reviewer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions

Pros

If your quality is good you get work and there is potential to make a good amount of money for project work.

Cons

Company I'd a little unorganized. There are gaps in between projects.

Very unorganized with poor communication and employee support at best.

Former Employee - Field Reviewer in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Field Reviewer in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say flexible work schedule if they had ever given me any work. I got one assignment, then never received another one.

Cons

No communications with employees or between departments. Not enough work available. Do not think that you can support yourself even part time with this position. I spent more unpaid time on my only assignment downloading and uploading information at home than I did at the actual job site getting paid. See "Advice to Management" response below.

Advice to Management

I was hired and only received one assignment. I was contacted in January to see if I would be available again for counties other than my own. I replied yes, and was told to retake the HEDIS training, HIPPA, and Flash Drive modules. I did, completed them and all my pre-employment forms, and was sent an Altegra ID. I never got a call back from my recruiter or an advocate. I tried to log onto My-ODIS to check for assignments, and was locked out. I contacted IT through an email. I got no response. I tried via phone. The phone rang once, and I got a message that the extension was not being answered, and was sent back to the main automated line. I then tried my recruiter, and got the same results. I finally got HR, and left a message about my issues. I never received any response. About a week later, I got an email survey about my IT issue, asking if I was satisfied with the resolution. I commented there that there WAS no resolution, and still got no response. Two weeks ago, another recruiter contacted me and asked if I was interested in being a field reviewer again. I explained my situation to him, and he said he would email HR and cc me. I never received anything, then last week, I got a form authorizing my background check. I got a phone call at the beginning of the week telling me I could not be employed because of my driving record. I have the same driving record that I did when I was hired the first time, except that I have paid my fines, taken classes, and my license is unrestricted again. To top it all off, I received a laptop and two flash drives from your company yesterday. Even if I did need the job now, I would not work there because of the utter chaos obviously going on in your company. I also never received my training pay.

Wonderful Workplace at OHIS

Former Employee - Health Advocate and Scheduler in Stanford, KY
    Former Employee - Health Advocate and Scheduler in Stanford, KY

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job was very interesting and I learned a lot because we were trained for different departments depending on where extra help was needed. I loved the interaction with the young people I worked with. Management was professional and helped where they were needed.

Cons

This job was only temporary and we were called back every 5 months within the years I worked there. When they were overloaded with work during their busy time, that's when we were called in.

RSS Feed </> Embed