Outcomes Health Information Solutions

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014
2.5

Gary Velasquez

Work was only seasonal, but great internal customer service.

Former Employee - Coder
    Former Employee - Coder

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Pay. Kick-back work environment. No money mangers breathing down your back. MEDICAL CODERS: you never have to deal with the coding illiterates such as doctors, nurses, ancillary staff and under-insured patients.

Cons

The opportunities offered are seasonal.

With the operatiion set-up the way it is... management does a great job.

Good Company!

Current Employee - Field Reviewer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Reviewer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money is great, need to have more work in this area, end bonus is great depending on how much work you did and followed rules

Cons

Not steady, no health benefits, training should be a little more extensive, such as possible hands on after training just to make sure information sinks in.

Need to be more communicative WITHIN their own people

Keep looking

Former Employee - REG NURSE in New York, NY
    Former Employee - REG NURSE in New York, NY

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work independently

Cons

Not enough work. Can make 0-50.00 or 0-400.00
    Most likely zero.

Treat your employees with training, decent pay, proper schedules- then you will retain them and make something for yourselves.
    Note to RN's - run away screaming from the room.

Poor comminication

Current Employee - Field Reviewer
    Current Employee - Field Reviewer

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you like to work independently, as I do, this is definitely independent work.

Cons

Whlie there are assessments to gauge what skills one has to begin the job, there is little actual training. There are assessment tests but trainig on electronic medical record types would have been really helpful. Trying to reach a trainer or field advocate while on site was difficult and not the best tiime to ask questions. I had one really horrible experience at a large site where no preparation had been done with the site contact. Pay per chart is ok and mileage is ok but there was too much unpaid time off site with uploading scanned files and time cards at home. At least 1/2-1hour should be allowed to be paid for offsite work daily.

Be more proactive prior to sending the reviewer to the site. Site contacts are sometimes worried that they are being graded.

Micromanaging

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Downtime between projects, close nit coworkers

Cons

Micromanaged, stressful projects throughout the year

fantastic company

Former Employee - Quality Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Quality Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

opportunities for growth. Employees valued

Cons

fast paced and challenging - good qualities

great management

I have worked for Outcomes for the past 3.5 years as a field reviewer (FR)

Current Employee - Field Reviewer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Reviewer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Outcomes Health Information Solutions part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I find the staff in the Georgia office very supportive both while on site, after hours, and when traveling. I have always had great equipment to work with making the job easier. I have found that the more flexible you are with your time and ability to travel, the more assignments you get. Personally, I love the company. and the places I have been sent to do reviews. When traveling the company picks of the tab for hotels, care rentals, flight tickets, and allows $25/day for meals, of course if you drive you are given the mileage accordingly, if you're provided with a car rental, then the gas is reimbursed. My paychecks have always been correct and on time. I have shown up at appoints as scheduled, only to be turned away by the site for one reason or another, when this happens I am paid admin time and my mileage. And I always get my bonuses.

Cons

The only real drawback to this company is the rate of pay, $4.50/chart is not really adequate, nor is the no pay for the time spent checking charts before uploading, or the time taken to upload. The company does not offer pay raises, and the real money that can be made is with large volume sites. No benefits offered

For FR who have been with Outcomes for 4 or more years, I feel a raise in per chart pay of $1.00 would keep the seasoned reviewers, which would be good for the company. Outcomes actually provides the FR with an opportunity to work as much or as little as the employees require. I never have a problem getting a day off if I need it as long as I have given adequate notice for the time.

Ok Company

Former Employee - Fax/Mail Scheduler in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Fax/Mail Scheduler in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ping Pong Table, People, Overtime

Cons

No real answer of what is going on.

Stop using recuiters.

A cultural mecca for diversity and new learning

Former Employee - Vice President Sales
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Industry niche and they have beautiful office in Alpharetta

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Lame executive leadership especially on the client services side.

Distribute the power to make decisions and hold your leadership team accountable.

work without pay

Former Employee - Field Reviewer
    Former Employee - Field Reviewer

I worked at Outcomes Health Information Solutions as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I learned computer skills, worked independently ,and got paid mileage. Can't come up with any more pros for this company

Cons

the sites are not prepared by the scheduling dept so a lot of time is wasted at the site and you don't get paid for your time only for the charts retrieved. There is also a lot of work to be done at home and that time is all on you. If there is a problem forget getting help. No one returns phone calls and no one answers e mails. HR is non existent. Pay comes out to about 3.00/hr if you count down time at the site and work required to be done at home. They don't honor their promises. They lie repeatedly on all levels, not only to you but to the clients as well, and getting paid is a constant struggle. Paycheck is always wrong. They promise you admin time for some situations but good luck in trying to collect it. They can't have a company without the field reviewers but give them no respect.

Stop the lies and the broken promises. Can't have a company without the field reviewers. Stop treating them so badly and pay them for their time. Advocates are the worst bunch of liars. Don't take their word as gospel!