Outlook Amusements

Updated December 4, 2014
Updated December 4, 2014
2.1

Jason Freeland and Tim Youd

Great Company to work for. Best place I have worked for so far !!!!!!

Current Employee - Report Writer in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Report Writer in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Outlook Amusements full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, great culture, organized, food, snacks, nice facility, great balance between personal and work life.

Cons

None so far, I have not experience anything bad in this company

Keep up the good work

The dis-organization and turn rate is absolutely AMAZING

I worked at Outlook Amusements

Pros

Stocked fridge. Fun work environment.

Cons

Smart people like myself leave all the time when they realize how the management does not know how to utilize the skills. People also get laid off left and right with no warning. A lot of people don't even know what there job actually is. They have a new CFO that irritates the whole company.

Get a real game plan together.

Do not work here!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Outlook Amusements full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great office, a few nice people, free snacks

Cons

I don't know where to begin. First of all, you will never go anywhere. People get hired and fired for no apparent reason. Smart people who value their careers and reputation quit. Who has a serious career working for a psychic hotline? No self-respecting professional will stay there.

Management is appalling. You have usually two kinds of people in management roles - 1. people who are incompetent but agree with everything that happens and couldn't cut it anywhere else 2. the kind who was fooled by the hiring spiel and is already looking for another gig.

The business practices are scary. I have worked for large and small corporations and have never seen as much blatant favoritism and disrespect. Hostile work environment doesn't begin to cut it. If you go to HR, they will launch a witch hunt and fire you. I think it's safe to say that this isn't a PSYCHIC Hotline, but a PSYCHO Hotline! If you value your sanity and your professional development, run away!

There is no advice to share. Jason really believes he knows how to run a company and manage people. Neither is the case. He is a horrible manager and even worse as a CEO.

Corporate Insanity

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Burbank, CA

I worked at Outlook Amusements as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There are some nice people, nice building, and priceless entertainment from the instability of the company.

Cons

This company goes through so many employee's. One person will quit do to a manager that ends up getting fired months later and yet the company still doesn't understand.

Every project is a back and forth of who wants what.

Enough people on here have talked about how bad this place is, so I am keeping this simple.

Just avoid this place and their poor ethics.

If you have an issue don't expect HR to be there for you, they'll turn against you immediately. Apparently their goal is to have the biggest turn-around rate in America of hiring and losing.

There's not point in sharing as they simply do not listen.

3 years of hell with a job that makes you feel like a horrible human being.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Outlook Amusements full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual work attire really means wear anything you want, even your flip flops. Decent medical benefits and 401k.

Cons

Promotions politically driven, constantly change bonus structure to avoid fair pay, make less money 3 years in than I did to start.

Bring back the previous co-owner, stop taking money from the lowest level employees to fund tech projects that go nowhere, stop focusing on being a 100 million dollar company and treat customers and employees with respect.

Great Experience Here!!!

Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Burbank, CA

I worked at Outlook Amusements full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful building, great benefits, lots of fun company events, amazing co-workers, genuinely care about the employees and being a positive force in the world. Can't say enough positive things about my time with this company. Started here as a temp, but they always made me feel like family. I eventually came on full time and can't say enough good things about my experience here. Wonderful company and genuinely good people!

Cons

Biggest con: I gained like five pounds from all the free candy and treats that are constantly being offered. There is a constantly stocked kitchen with loads of goodies up for the taking. They do stock it with healthy options, but I have no self control and always went straight for the jelly beans over the carrots. It really is heaven though!

Great company! Love the core values! See this company going a long way!

WORST COMPANY EVER! RUN FROM THIS PLACE!

I worked at Outlook Amusements full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They got 1 star only because zero stars wasn't an option.

Cons

Don't just take my word for it. Look at all the other honest reviews (Hint: the handful of reviews that are nothing but long glowing praise are fakes from HR. Another hint: It isn't "growing pains" because this place ISN'T GROWING. It's imploding).

This place has a sordid history of issues like sexual harassment, hostile work environment, bullying, incompetence especially in upper IT management, poor financial performance, repeated inability to improve business, in-fighting within a team and between teams, constant layoffs and demotions, etc. They also go by the name "California Psychics" and have many complaints that can be found online.

You have made so many enemies and negatively affected so many lives through your despicable treatment of decent human beings. I would not give you advice even if I thought you would take it (which of course you never would, never have, and never will).

Avoid this nest of paranoid management

I worked at Outlook Amusements full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Office building, location, office space.

Cons

This company has no direction. It is managed by a group of lowest grade businessmen and illiterate techies with miserable track records that could not join any other respectable company.
    The employees are treated with no respect. Employees that had individuality and strong technical skills either were let go by the tech management, or left to escape this company.
    No professionals are left due to the atmosphere of dark terror by illiterate tech management.
    No new projects are initiated. All previous initiatives have failed miserably.
    Non- technical management dictates technical directions.
    There are no career opportunities; nothing to learn. This company is going down the drain.
    Company culture despite all HR efforts is non- existent anymore.

Top man agent needs either to sell this company or hand over to a new management.
    The tech management has to be replaced, otherwise the company faces a total disaster.

Nice place to work, So much potential, Great new leadership.

I worked at Outlook Amusements full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am a tech so please keep that in mind as you read this review:

- Great company to work for. If you are a techie and love new and exciting projects, this is the place for you, there are dozens of cool technologies at play, from infrastructure all the way to the development side of the house.
    - Great new technology leadership/management.
    - The company is growing.
    - Fantastic benefits, better than any other place I have worked for.
    - Nice facilities.

Cons

Like any company there are some cons but nothing major. There is no such thing as a perfect company.

Keep doing what you are doing with the recent changes.

CT-Uh Oh

I worked at Outlook Amusements full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits rival that of most major companies. Great medical, vacation, and extra perks such as Yoga and free food and drinks.

Cons

The senior leadership lacks direction. The worst offenders are the Technology and Product departments. There is so much politics and blame that it is hard to do your job. The new CTO's mission has been to replace the former management team with his group of "yes' men.

Stop worrying about the bottom line and keep your employees happy. They helped you build the company.