Outreach Reviews

Scott Evans

1. Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in Richmond Hill, NY
    Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in Richmond Hill, NY

I worked at Outreach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent learning environment and staff is great to work with

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to get all assigned tasks completed

Expect MUCH of YOU and Little From Outreach

I have been working at Outreach full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Serving churches and making results for the Kingdom.

Cons

The staff are considered "expendable and replaceable"....this is echoed in every department. They expect loyalty from you and for you to give regardless of the sacrifice to your family, health, personal time, etc. This loyalty is not reciprocated and they will spit you out faster than Jonah in the whales mouth when they don't need you. Benefits are minimal and even though the company is closed during Christmas, you are required to take vacation. It's all about profits and what can you save the company and what can you do for them. Unfortunately, they don't walk the walk concerning love and kindness. Its now become a revolving door of employees coming and going so quickly, but sadly, those who had tenure of 10+ years have had enough and are peeling off one by one.

Advice to Management

Employees, which currently aren't looked at as your #! resource, know when you value them. Cheapness reeks from the top down. Don't think a pizza party once a year is enough for your team when you push your sales team beyond unreasonable sales goals when short staffed to save $23K a year to hire adequate staff. Leadership is harsh, good-ole'-boy network and are driven my $ and only $ under the guise of "equipping the church for outreach."

Great Organization! Fantastic View of Pikes Peak!

I have been working at Outreach

Pros

Easy going atmosphere. Awesome business model that caters exceptionally well to the Church market for collateral. We get to partner with wonderful people to convey a simple message across a multitude of platforms. Good sense of achievement at the end of each day, and the balance between work-life is equitable. First bonus sharing last year in a long while was appreciated. Results driven and goal oriented.

Cons

Favoritism and lack of appreciation for work done well. Rather than promote from within, people are recruited from outside the organization, creating an element of anxiety in employment security. Constant reminder year after year that certain groups are profitable while others are not, creates the urgency to be on the lookout for the inevitable.

Advice to Management

Update the process used in data comparison for addressing compensation, despite the business model, there is a disparaging gap that you might want to address. The core values are really good, try and stick to them from the top all the way through the organization. Highly recommend that key personal are rewarded fairly.

Outreach Response

Aug 26, 2014Vice President Human Resources and Training

The nature of the church-service business model has been it tough to remain aggressive in our compensation of employees. That said, the company continues to remain profitable year after year, having ... More

More than just a job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Outreach full-time

Pros

The people that I work with are amazing. There are very few people who aren't fully invested in their job. I've never felt required to 'take my work home with me' so I am easily able to balance my home life and work life.

Cons

Due to the design of the building there is a big gap between the office staff and the production staff. It sometimes feels like two separate companies because of this division. There is minimal room for advancement once you reach a certain level. It doesn't take long to hit a ceiling. The work is still fulfilling, but no real incentive to push harder once you hit that level.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding staff for Core Value accomplishments. Consider a reward system for managers as well.

Outreach Response

Aug 26, 2014Vice President Human Resources and Training

We are committed to implementing more strategic approaches to career development for existing employees, as we prepare for the next budget year.

6. The most dynamic company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Outreach full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been in organizations that suffer from the negative inertia caused by suffering sales and shrinking budgets. It's a painful place to be. Outreach is a dynamic, expanding organization that provides so many opportunities for positive impact in the world and career advancement. It is a privilege to be involved in the energy and purpose of this organization.

Cons

Outreach is a performance-based organization with the accompanying expectations of results. It can be stressful while at the same time fulfilling. That very stress, however, helps keeps people engaged and the organization healthy. I'd far prefer that type of stress than the stress of wondering when the next round of lay offs was going to happen.

Advice to Management

Keep your eyes on the mission and vision and strive to keep the business serving the ministry.

7. Fun with a mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Outreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like that I get to come to work and be focused on activities that support the Great Commission. Most stuff seems fair. When we moved from San Diego, the company did a great job helping us move. (Paid for a visit to the Springs and most of our move costs)

Cons

Not enough belly massages. Actually there isn't too much to add here, since we actually were able to get profit sharing last year.

Good place, not great incentives.

I have been working at Outreach

Pros

It's a pretty easy going place. Nothing too crazy ever happens and the balance between work and home life is great. Not too many people have to take work home and it's usually their choice when they do. The CEO is great.

Cons

Not much incentives to do extra work. The salaries aren't that great. There's no room for growth here, and they don't give raises so it can be a bit of a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Create pathways for your employees to grow. People want to be invested in, and if you don't do it here they will go somewhere else eventually. Be positive about bonuses and raises. We want to know that we will get them, not possibly and then we don't.

Outreach is more than a job, its a lifestyle and culture.

Current Employee - Executive in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Outreach

Pros

Mission and Vision. Team spirit. Great collaborative culture. Open communications.

Cons

Field of work reduces competitiveness in compensation.

Advice to Management

Help people advance more and be more innovative.

RSS Feed </> Embed