Outsourcing USA

1.0

CEO

Avoid OUSA if you can!

Former Employee - Production Artist in Dallas, PA

I worked at Outsourcing USA part-time for less than a year

Pros

They bought everyone lunch every day throughout the training program. We worked on fairly new Macs and used up to date adobe software. This place is a good opportunity to get your feet wet in design by designing ads and learning tactical design techniques, but don't stay longer than you have to!

Cons

Bathroom usage tracking, no bonuses that were promised, no benefits, lack of managerial experience, extremely low wages for long hours of work, working on holidays/bad weather as they supply ads to newspapers from around the country that need the work done, no matter the reason. It is called "Outsourcing USA" for a reason..."Outsourcing" - its low pay, long hour, lack of benefit work that is within the USA!

Don't crack racial/offensive jokes during the training program, be more professional in management aspect, recognize that you need to treat your employees well for them to thrive, be happy, and produce quality work.

Horrible...just horrible

I worked at Outsourcing USA

Pros

The other production artists were nice and you got quick on adobe products. Other than that nothing was good about working there.

Cons

- When I interviewed they made it seem like we would be getting bonuses every paycheck...but really they were quarterly and only if you met their unrealistic goals...I came close once but magically the numbers changed and I didn't get it.
    - We were expected to stay late and we were looked down on for not staying past our shift.
    - I was told we are looking for quantity not quality...this was after I was told that I was moving too slow
    - I had to evacuate my house during Hurricane Sandy and they told me there was no excuse for not coming in
    - frequent power and internet outtages
    - lots of favoritism and nepotism
    - you feel like you don't matter because you don't....it's a graphic design sweatshop
    - LOW LOW PAY for people who deserve better
    - lots of secrets
    - they lie to customers....they lie on their website....There wasn't 200 people in a new facility when I was there, there was like 15 people in a windowless dungeon
    - do not work here even for the experience on the programs!

Learn how to treat your workers, you are an embarrassment to America

You're treated like you're in day care for adults (sorry, no recess)

I worked at Outsourcing USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're looking to get into the design field, it's an excellent opportunity to get some experience and hone your skills. With that said, it's not a design job, it's a production job. You will be asked to keep track of your bathroom breaks and other ridiculous tasks. Generally you will meet and work with other great people who are unfortunately stuck with no opportunity of promotion as well. If you're starting your career and want to gain experience while working with great people, take the job for about a year and look to move on as soon as you can.

Cons

There is no transparency with this company. Things are hidden from employees, you're lied to about other staff leaving, given false promises and there's no company financial updates. Almost all employees are brought on at the same pay rate and will never receive a $0.25 raise. That's not to say they don't earn or deserve it. A lot of the time employees will go above and beyond and realize they don't get compensated for their work. Some will even work for multiple companies on one paycheck and pay rate, no matter what type of work is being done. Everyone is dispensable to them. Everything clients see when visiting the site is a well-crafted play. Family/friends are brought in to act like they're working so it looks like a larger staff, employees take on different roles than what they actually do, numbers are skewed, everyone looks happy, it's all just fake. I've seen some of the best employees leave because they had one person in management with horrible people skills that due to family ties will not be leaving anytime soon. It's really a shame because the idea of the company aiming to employ talented workers in our community has a lot of potential and 99% of the people working there are great people. All of the other reviews describe exactly what it's like. It's a shame there's not many options the people that end up working here. After experiencing how other companies treat their employees in the creative industry, it's really a shame to know that some great people get stuck here because of lack of options and a strong desire to work.

Please respect the local design community and the employees you hire. Your motto is based on keeping jobs in America, however you're not making your employees happy and they feel like they're not working in America. Non voluntary overtime, lack of promised bonuses, benefits, perks, etc. is not a way to help retention. Respect your employees and they'll respect you. As of right now, there's no respect between management and employees in either direction.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I only gave this one star because I couldn't leave it blank

I worked at Outsourcing USA

Pros

In my 2 years I saw a lot of cool and talented designers cycle through that place. Good place to get experience fast then get out

Cons

They were too dumb to realize the talent and potential they once had and instead opted to overwork and underpay the entire staff until everyone quit. They constantly lie, about everything. Its like a compulsive disease. Lynn, the CEO, will lie straight to your face while grinning ear to ear… she once told me in a meeting where I asked for a raise "Everyone struggles in 20s its part of life" Im only struggling because you won't pay me! Lynn I will admit though is a brilliant business woman, she's so smart she figured out how to run a sweat shop in america. Tony is the absolute worst. He has a blatant lack of any real world skills or knowledge, he's self centered, immature and inappropriate. Do not work here.

Reevaluate your lives

Get experience and leave as soon as you can.

Former Employee - Production Artist in Dallas, PA

I worked at Outsourcing USA part-time for more than a year

Pros

At least you are using CS programs on pretty nice macs. I wouldn't call it a "design job" though. Everyone who is not management is also very nice.

Cons

Worked there for over a year as a "part-time employee" even though I worked full time hours plus overtime and no benefits. They literally track every second you are at work (including bathroom breaks) and to clock in and out you have to take a picture of yourself to prove it is you. The "bonus" program is a joke. Also I once saw management bring through potential clients and tell them "This is our web design team" when only two people of the 12 people there actually worked on web. Also paid people to come in and sit at desks to appear like we had more employees than we did.

You can teach people how to use programs, but you can't teach people design. You should learn to appreciate those who are good and pay them appropriately and treat them with respect. There is only so much talent in the general area and once you run through it, good luck!

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!

I worked at Outsourcing USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will be glad when they 'let you go'.

Cons

This company is probably THE worst company I have worked for in my entire life. I slaved myself away for more than a year and a half here and this place is COMPLETELY not worth it. Management is an absolute joke. You wear the fake when you leave they put out that much fake-ness. Consistently lying to you, never giving you bonuses (when they say you would) and OVERTIME PAY DOES NOT EXIST WHEN THEY SAY THERE IS. The owner(s) use every loophole in the book to keep every single dime they can from you. Their 'bonus', is giving you pizza... MAYBE. There is no appreciation, there is no 'free-time', and they certainly do not care about your lives. I worked for them during Hurricane Sandy. There was NO EXCUSES for not coming to work, even when they SHUT DOWN THE ROADS AND INTERSTATES. They expect to have high quality ads in as little time as possible, and it is actually to the point where it is impossible. I have seen some really good people laid off from there, only to keep the rest of their 'herd' stupid. No communication, no freedom, no nothing. This company is non-beneficial. One of the owners happened to get a mansion as well, but they can't give their workers a raise?... HA! You make me sick.

If you are reading this, then I completely and utterly beg of you... DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE. You will be used, mistreated and cheated out of A LOT of money.

SHUT DOWN! You are an embarrassment to the human species and you do not deserve to have the money you do if you think you can treat people that way. Oh, and while you're at it, why not grow yourselves a heart and start listening to your employees. You fail as a company and I hope to see you shut down.

Terrible place to work, horrible management.

I worked at Outsourcing USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Diverse advertising work, some of which can be good for building a portfolio. Still not worth working there.

Cons

Owners/management will lie straight to your face, constantly. They also lie to prospecting clients right in front of employees. They will tell you that you could qualify for bonuses, but you won't. They are terrible with communicating with employees. No benefits, terrible pay (you will make more money delivering pizza). You have to log literally every minute of your day, including bathroom usage. They expect you to crank out complex, full-page ads in under an hour (and will question you if you take too long). Morale amongst employees is very low, due to everything previously mentioned.

Stay away from this company at all costs.

Treat employees better, stop lying to everybody, get rid of the "bonus program," pay employees a decent wage (it's sad that you can make more by flipping burgers than you can as a graphic designer with a degree) and develop realistic expectations for turnaround times.

Cramped little soul-killing Hell hole

Former Employee - Graphic Design Intern  in  Dallas, PA
    Former Employee - Graphic Design Intern in Dallas, PA

I worked at Outsourcing USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

They'll hire anyone and they don't care about experience.

Cons

They'll make you work 16 hour shifts and you'll never get benefits.

Slave drivers, they own you and they know it

I worked at Outsourcing USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are all nice people

Cons

Nepotism, no information is ever passed on. you never know whats going on. They could be going under and they will tell you with a smile how good business is.

get people with experience, and don't re-hire people who quit and put them in a higher position. Bonuses are a joke and unfair, get rid of it and just give people raises.

It is a job not a career

Current Employee - Production Artist  in  Dallas, PA
    Current Employee - Production Artist in Dallas, PA

I have been working at Outsourcing USA part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They will take just about anyone.

Cons

Structure is weak.
    Management is conniving and hard to trust.
    Lack of real leadership.
    Unrealistic expectations.
    Bad incentive programs.
    Not professional as they make it seem.
    High turnover rate.
    No room for advancement.
    Lots and lots of favoritism.
    Considered part time but expected to work full time hours. (part time does not get benefits/holiday pay).
    Make up every excuse to not put you at full time so they don't have to pay out benefits/holiday pay.

Try taking some management classes!

Worked for Outsourcing USA? Contribute to the Community!