Ovations Food Services

2.1

Kenneth J. Young

Great People

I worked at Ovations Food Services full-time

Pros

The vast majority of people I've met through the company are extremely dedicated to the production of great food.

Cons

As with any food service, the hours can be quite long, and since it is a corporate gig, the paperwork can be extensive.

Great growing company

I have been working at Ovations Food Services full-time

Pros

Plenty of work to keep busy, great co-workers, company is constantly growing.

Cons

Salary could be better. Benefits could be better too.

Offer more training, raise salaries to keep employees happy and keep them employees!

One Star To Many

Former Employee - Bartender in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Bartender in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Ovations Food Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some people feel that because you are a former employee that reviews are often hostile. But now I understand from working at Ovations thru Ruth Eckerd Hall/Capitol that I can totally understand the frustration and the cover up of a poor work environment and of a immature and unprofessional management team. I get it now.

Cons

It pained me to have to add one star to this review. They did not deserve it. The management team in this location of Ruth Eckerd hall and the Capitol Theater is unprofessional and immature. The steps of the employee handbook has flown out the window here and it is a free for all. I believe that if the "higher ups" in HR Department really took notice that heads would roll.(but they didn't) I do not feel that employees are supported by the HR Dept in regards to serious mattes. I have witnessed employee theft, drunk managers, food safety issues, employee bullies, filthy dirty bar areas, theft of alcohol, and lets not forget the audit they had. Managers protecting other managers for fear of making any waves. Its hard to follow the chain of command when the chain of command are the contributors to this disgusting behavior . Payroll is a mess I have not received a correct payroll check for over 5 months either.

What can I say, except that maybe one day someone will take the time to investigate why there are so many problems at this location. If you read all the reviews, like I finally have all these people are saying the same thing basically. Are they all wrong and hostile. I don't think so. Because I have unfourtantly seen it for myself at this location. Someone should hire a spotter and see for themselves. The managers here do not care about Ovations.. they care about themselves and it reflects everywhere. The concession manager is stealing liquor. They are to immature to be responsible. Why does my job have to suffer because of a drunk manager on a regular basis and horrible management skills ?

Ovations Foodservice Review

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ovations Food Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Turnover is so high growing through default is possible. They have contracted with a wide array of brands creating the opportunity to select where you can begin your career development.

Cons

Leadership has struggled to create any level of loyalty with the several levels of management and combined with high expectations and a heavy volume environment the front line staff are the ones who really suffer from the absence of any consistent messaging.

Lack of Everything

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Ovations Food Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a whole lot. You are micromanaged to death at times and treated as though you don't know anything.

Cons

You are micromanaged to death at times and treated as though you don't know anything. Really the company and what it offers feels a little shady.

Find senior management that actually has experience with casinos and hotels.

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Ovations Food Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Treat their employees with respect and you are very well taken care of.

Cons

There are not any cons that I can think of. They are a great company to work for.

Keep up the good work.

Avoid this company

Current Employee - Bartender in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Bartender in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ovations Food Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Got to work some cool events/concerts-sometimes made decent tips in a six or seven hour shift.

Cons

Terrible management. Completely unorganized and ill-trained. They put employees in bad situations. Sometimes they put you into events that are incredibly overstaffed, and dont correct the problem, so each bartender would make nothing since tips would be split with 20 extra people doing nothing. Other times they throw you into a situation with not enough help and then penalize you when you are in over your head and make a mistake. Play favoritism with certain employees. Just awful management in my experience.

Restructure- learn how to nurture your employees and train/support them correctly.

Great Company Plenty of Learning Opportunities

Current Employee - Director of Catering in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Director of Catering in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Ovations Food Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will send you to help out other sites with big events! They focus a lot on training and promote from within.

Cons

Lots of nights, weekends, and holiday, but that is just the industry.

game playing

Former Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Devol, OK
    Former Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Devol, OK

I worked at Ovations Food Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

a pay check lack of management care

Cons

management does not hire on experience but on likes. they do not recognize people on what they do its only on how you suckup

if you don't care about company then get out so someone who does can do the job

Good for Those Starting a New Career

Former Employee - No Comment in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - No Comment in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Ovations Food Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you want to work hard and learn by the old "swim or sink" method...this is the company for you.

Cons

If you are a seasoned professional...this is not the company for you. Lacks profesionalism on all levels.

Hire qualified people and treat them well. Stop hiring friends, family and family of friends!