Overhead Door

Good place to work

Current Employee - Engineer in Grand Island, NE
    Current Employee - Engineer in Grand Island, NE

I have been working at Overhead Door

Pros

Energetic place to work. Lots of good people that work here.

Cons

The manufacturing facility is somewhat out of date. Need to update technology.

Great place to learn multiple skills

Current Employee - B2B Sales and Estimator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - B2B Sales and Estimator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Overhead Door full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learn multiple skills in a fast paced industry, empowers employee to manage own schedule/accounts, good benefits, you work with a large assortment of clients so great for B2B networking

Cons

Limited training, pay scale is below average, small company so limited advancement opportunities, company does not match 401K, no education reimbursement, company does not encourage team building

Continue to update and adapt to new technologies, learn to conduct reviews in a candid atmosphere and consider advice given by reps in field

Great company

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Overhead Door full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent outlook, clear vision, strategic, well defined short term and long term goals

Cons

Multiple brands and channel makes it challenging.

Made a mistake working here

I worked at Overhead Door full-time

Pros

It is nice to work for a company with reputable products; The sales group is working hard to make the company the #1 product in the industry; corporate office is in a nice location;

Cons

Values are not consistently followed; too many managers including unnecessary levels of management; technology is not up to par; Communication is terrible; Some folks in HR have a power trip with their position and access to information;

CEO should pay closer attention to VPs to make sure some VPs are not hiding the truth and passing blame onto others by terminating people who are trying to do the right thing.

Easily the worst company I've worked for. I recommend AVOIDING!

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Overhead Door full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It pays a rate of 11 per hour which is decent for low-skill entry level in DFW. It seems like there are some opportunities for growth if you are on the right-side of the bullish management. Free coffee and water. Decent facility. It's the type of place that's good for people who just want to clock 40 hours and not care too much about their work environment.

Cons

The call center leadership is stacked full of power-junkies and insecure control freaks -- from the manager to the supervisors. I personally didn't have any negative run-ins but seeing the way they would coordinate to 'get rid' of people on their bad side was something that just didn't set right with me. It was difficult to watch and it was the reason I ended up leaving.

Start over with call center leadership and cultivate a culture of accountability where supervisors aren't allowed to bully, leverage against and harass their own employees.

Very good work experience.

I have been working at Overhead Door

Pros

I like to work with my hands, so this is a great job for me. I also like to be able to look at something when it's finished and say to myself I did that.

Cons

A lot of time on the road away from my family. I spent 134 nights in a hotel last year.

Steady Work, Steady Paycheck. This job may not be glamorous, but it's satisfying.

Current Employee - Field Technician in Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Overhead Door full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, Co-Workers, Challenges, Company Vehicle and Compensation for expenses.

Cons

Management, incoherent dispatch routing, antiquated paperwork system and slow turnaround that loses clients.

See Cons.

Don't do it

I worked at Overhead Door

Pros

If you enjoy slacking off you can get a way with just about anything before they decide they will let you go. Friendly peers.

Cons

It starts and ends with management. They generally lie and underpay their employees while billing ridiculous amounts. They put their people in unsafe conditions along with unsafe equipment. I would not recommend a future at this company.

With low company mural you generally get less production.

YOU CAN”T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

I have been working at Overhead Door full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wages very competitive, but keep the job search going just to protect yourself. Things will get better once you leave.

Cons

If you need a job take the job but keep looking, this division is run by a person that should have his ethics checked and his treatment of people is horrible You know the old saying that you can’t make this stuff up well here goes

Dennis your president walking into offices and telling his employees that he controls their bonus and will be getting what is coming to them it, advertising peoples job under “confidential search” and then have candidates calling the person that they are replacing saying their job was being listed, then you have to tell them that you know because the person has seen the ad with the company initials in the advertisement. They interview people in the other build on campus and bring in a consultation, which you have work with before unexpectedly show up and said they will stop by after they are done working on a special project. They create organizations charts with TBD in the chart while the rest of the organization is published with their name. You have people who parents are in grave condition that you need to visit, and he would say to you “don’t you have siblings that can handle that” (more than one occasion) Somebody in Dallas should wake up, uh Dennis.

Way behind the times

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Overhead Door full-time

Pros

Never a dull moment. The office stays so busy that you don't have time to get bored.

Cons

Pay - VERY low. Workload - Ridiculous. They routinely fire people and dump their work on existing employees without giving that person any kind of compensation increase or leniency on deadlines considering their heavier workload. Technology - WHAT technology? The office I was in still hand wrote their receipts for crying out loud.

This particular office was also very resistant to change, which was holding them back in both service and business development.

You have to modernize - both your pay rates and policies. Grow and develop WITH your customers or they will leave you behind.