Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

Craig L. Hendrickson

Nothing beats Overlake

Super Sitter Instructor (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsFast paced, friendly atmosphere, co-workers worked as a team! It was a great job and privilege to have been a part of such a fantastic team.

ConsThey aren't in Texas - which is where I moved. I would like to have seen some health benefits for part time employees, but it is not uncommon in the market place for there to be no health insurance for part timers.

IT management is weak and Epic build was done poorly

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsSemi-modern workspace with some window view seating, because of many open positions there is a high chance you can be sent for Epic certification. Only outsources helpdesk to India, as opposed to Franciscan/Catholic Health Systems who outsources most of IT to India.

ConsPoor IT management on many levels, poor initial Epic EMR build makes support and maintenance frustrating, management has limited technical knowledge therefore doesn't understand root cause of issues, pay is on low end - be sure to add 10 to 15% of any offers you receive from HR. No ability to work from home or travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have learned more from the expensive "two in a box" manager style during implementation. Need overhaul by injecting experienced managers with drive and logical goals.

Going downhill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCultural values are top notch. Pay is good

ConsAll areas are understaffed and overworked. That's from Housekeeping to nurseing staff and all support departments

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the rank and file

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am extremely grateful and proud to have gained valuable technical skills and lasting friendships from OHMC Laboratory

Medical Technologist (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat location, beautiful facility, quality driven laboratory, hopsital culture of integrity, respect and accountability, free employee parking, hard working managers and supervisors who lobby tirelessly for their employees and for patient safety

ConsNot for profit hospital that is challenged with budget constraints that affect resources and staff morale annually. Toxic employees are difficult to get rid of due to the HR policies that require extensive documentation of such behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecoginize that the Laboratory is the corner stone to providing excellent patient care. Consider their need to have access to the best instrumentation to continuously improve their workflow and efficiencies. Offer Lab Leadership support when employees demonstrate unacceptable behavior by sabatoging them or their coworkers through vindictive immature tactics. Recognize that I.T. solutions are in constant demand for Laboratory improvements.

Think twice before leaving your Medical Technologist Job elsewhere

Medical Technologist (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsGood commute, small hospital, pleasant upper management, aimed to serve a target population, apparent empathy and compassion for patients suffering.

ConsVery deceptive in regards to the nature of the jobs they post. The supervisors are micromanagers that believe that procedures have to be done in one way only and that is theirs which they learned decades and decades ago. When it comes to empowering and embracing new ideas and focusing on the employees strengths to gain cooperation they are completely clueless and fearful. The old school belt and punishment to gain control type management reigns in the lab. This is a reflection of their lack of experience and insecurity as they have been doing the same job forever without exposure to modern management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the laboratory managers and supervisors so that they embrace the policies that upper management preaches. Verify that managers and supervisors follow the guidelines set up by human resources and not their own personal agendas.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good place to work

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsBoth management and peer coworkers were a pleasure to work with.

ConsTraffic to get there was pretty bad, but typical of Seattle.

Insists on being a standalone, result is now sinking alone

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsFinally converted over to EPIC online patient records system

ConsStrongly political. Leadership dislike thinking in a business mode resulting in poor discussions. Out of touch CEO recently announced retirement after Hospital failed to make yearly financial goals. Hospital feels adrift with no focus as replacement has yet to be identified.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't have to give up being good Dr and Nurses to also be a lucrative business. The hospitals that do will survive.

One of the best of my life!

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsAll the exposure & hands on experience

ConsDarn reallocations were very scary

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job & Thank you for giving me a job!

interview

Prosgreat one went really well

Consnone to list at this time

Advice to Senior Managementna

Lack structure and out of tune leadership style

Applications Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsSmall local hospital, you get to do lots of different things.

ConsManagement lacks vision. They do not have proper succession planning. The decision to go to Epic was great, but the project was not managed correctly. It will be very difficult for them to survive in the current healthcare environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement lacks vision. They do not have proper succession planning. The decision to go to Epic was great, but the project was not managed correctly. It will be very difficult for them to survive in the current healthcare environment.

Worked for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics? Contribute to the Community!

Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Videos

Overlake Medical Center and Clinics – Why Work for Us?

Mission, Vision and Values Our Mission is To provide medical excellence every dayTM. Our Vision is To provide exceptional quality and compassionate care to every life we touch. Our Shared Values Are to effectively meet… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics CEO Craig L. Hendrickson. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Overlake Medical Center and Clinics employees.