Overlake Medical Center and Clinics

3.9

J. Michael Marsh

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Overlake feels like you are part of a family. We are all here with the same mission of taking care of every patient, one patient at a time even for those us in non-patient care roles. I have been at Overlake for 13 years and had the opportunities to work in different departments in different positions.

Cons

Overlake runs very lean. Overlake is successful financially because of this but it means a lot of hard work.

I would like there to be more opportunities for flexible work schedules and working remotely for administrative/clerical positions. It would be nice to have a formal wellness program for employees.

I came to Overlake in 2012 and have I enjoy getting up everyday and coming to work.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I believe in their philosopy, their committment to all patients, the community and their values. We are centrally located. have incredible physicians and staff who are committed to providing excellent care.

Cons

I have along drive each day but find the rewards outweigh the drive. Need more IT support.

A better structure to recognize and reward employees. Raises based on merit not cost of living.

A small family of hard working individuals strongly dedicated to the organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People genuinely beleive in Overlake, as a place to work, interact and make better. It's a fast paced organization that can't behind a corporate culture or system mentality. Everyone works very hard. The culture is one of camaraderie and I've never felt that I couldn't call anyone directly to ask questions about problems or issues.
    Financially appears very strong and the organization appears to be working towards a long range goal of remaining independent.

Cons

Change is slow and cumbersome. I view this as a positive at times because reversing bad decisions can take even longer to fix. Did I mention the work pace is fast. :-)

Create a better method for rewarding positive results. The playing field is consistently leveled to the lowest common denominator (an issue across most non-profit healthcare organizations) with little ability within the current comp structure to truly push for and reward exceptional results.

I've had the absolute privilege to call Overlake my second home for about 14 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

As in any area of one's life, you get back what you put in, and what I see is a lot of hard work and dedication by staff and leadership alike. Overlake leadership has always been highly supportive of staff and it's a wonderful place to work, and to receive care. Overlake just feels like a family, and is absolutely committed to providing the highest quality, safe, and compassionate care possible. This is evident in comments and compliments I hear on a daily basis from patients, family members, and even vendor customers. With Mike Marsh at the helm, I see big, exciting things in Overlake's future!

Cons

The changing healthcare climate is affecting everyone, and Overlake is not exempt from that. Challenges do not cons make however, and my personal belief is that Overlake is rising to the challenge and will continue to grow and get better. Exciting times!

Stay committed to a culture of open, honest communication and complete transparency, as this builds trust.

Nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open Heart experience, Free Parking, New-ish Building to work in. Awesome scrubs to wear. Health insurance is decent! Prescriptions are 10$ for 30 pills regardless.

Cons

Poor management, only cares about profit. Lot's of restructuring. No team work. Lack of good managers.

Keep your good employees, don't let them leave. Listen to their concerns. Hire loyal employees.

Great place to work

Pros

Everyone is friendly and all hospital departments work together to provide awesome patient care. A lot of employees have worked here for 10+ years.

Cons

When someone leaves others are given those responsibilities instead of hiring another person. It can take a long time to hire a replacement. With the location being in bellevue, wa. It is hard to be able to actually afford live in Bellevue, it is less expensive to live in outer cities with long commutes

The staff and managers at Overlake are wonderful!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The culture at Overlake is caring, compassionate, welcoming and warm. Overlake is very community focused and supported. Overklake is always striving for new ways to improve upon what is already the most EXCELLENT of patient care! Overlake has great benefits and is very fair with compensation policies. Overlake is very stable and finacially sound which has been very comforting in these tough econmical times.

Cons

As a not for profit, non taxed supported hospital, Overlake has to work very lean.

Worked for many organizations; Overlake is by far the best!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The organization takes care of their employees Benifits are above average. Paid time off is excellent. Very good onboarding.
    Very good leadership at the executive level; have the organization heading in the right direction to continue growth.
    Financially doing well and have remained so during challanging times.
    And should probably mention the excellent location.

Cons

Not a lot that Overlake is not doing right. Maybe more attention to support functions. But that is part of working at a hospital; focus is on patient care (which they do very well).

Overlake is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Overlake has an exceptional executive leadership and management team and with the addition of the new CEO, is sure to make great advancements in healthcare. The shared values of ICARE are fully supported and encouraged among all staff. Our patients receive precise, compassionate and individualized care. Employee benefits (including tuition reimbursement) and pay are comparable to the larger organizations in the area.

Cons

Unfortunately, like many healthcare positions, there are limited opportunities for career advancement.

Continue to listen to the concerns of the workers and keep the lines of communication open.

Great experience!

I worked at Overlake Medical Center and Clinics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to affect change at all levels makes for a good environment. Ovelake has a new CEO that brings new vision and energy which was needed.
    Very financial strong.
    Overlake is one of last independent hospitals in the area.

Cons

Changing healthcare environment makes is difficult to keep up at times but Overlake is doing everything it can to position itself well in the market.

Overlake Medical Center and Clinics Photos